+2. Really good idea, and it would make a good final conclusion to a round.
Heres what i think when i hear this idea:
- Queen activates the dropship console. The warning siren plays out. Marines dont know whats going on, this has never happened before?!
- marines rush to the hanger, set up defenses to intercept the boarders.
- 50/50 chance roll comes up. If its even, the ship lands normally. The auto-recall works fine. If its odd, the Dropship is on a crash course ( the queen accidentally clawed up the console too much or dropped acid [queens really need to ease up on drugs] and fried some important homing chip)
- 2 minutes to impact, Mother automatically warns the ship is on a crash course and Sulaco's guns cant intercept the ship. Brace for impact.
- 2 places for the ship to crash: a 50/50 choice of A or B.
A) the normal dropship landing zone; but it smashes through the hull and is simulated by several girders being spawned around the dropship[gibs anyone/anything under the girder spawn area] The drophip is also torn up decently (some hull plates despawned, engine tail despawned)
B) Emergency docking areas: The Dropship guided itself into the emergency docking areas and smashed into 1 of the 5 areas. ERTs can no longer use that section as a spawn point.
-The dropship is now totaled, It cannot be used anymore.
-The ability to go from the Sulaco to the colony can only be acomplished by the droppod now.
- what happens to all the other mobs if they are stranded on the colony? what if a queen spawns on the colony? What happens if a lone queen launches the ship to the Sulaco early before the round has "concluded"?
Gaze upon me,
for I have wandered deep into the ancient tombs of knowledge to which lie madness and sorrow, cleansing a path for all those who walk behind me...
But seriously, does uh, anyone know the way out?!