Queen Gibbing

Our lives for the Queen!
User avatar
Karmac
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1825
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 00:29
Location: Queensland, Australia
Byond ID: Karmac

Queen Gibbing

Postby Karmac » 23 Dec 2016, 08:28

Would genuinely like to know why it's in the game other than to try and force people into xenos.
Garth 'Grouch' Pawolski, usually helpful. If nothing else, I generally refuse to die in situations where I most certainly should have. Now KIA.

Seras Pawolski, the younger sister, still learning the ropes, still unsure of her surroundings.

Community Contributor, one of the first.

Honorable Breadator: Nracha-dte Kv'var-de (Relentless Hunter)

I was a moderator for a while.











► Show Spoiler
User avatar
MrJJJ
Registered user
Posts: 1874
Joined: 12 Jan 2015, 10:51
Location: Spider Lab

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby MrJJJ » 23 Dec 2016, 09:12

If any of the stuff that has been said is true, then apparently...

1. You body won't get retreived anyway, since being cloned chances are slim (because successful marine hive assaults just don't exist)

2. For Intimidation purposes (Why would the Queen need to intimidate her hive when she already mind-controls them is beyond me)

Of course, dev team knows best why it actually exists, so take what i said with a grain of salt.
User avatar
solidfury7
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 197
Joined: 28 Jul 2016, 20:54

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby solidfury7 » 23 Dec 2016, 10:59

Gibbing is really shitty and should be removed, the decap increase really has replaced it (and is reversible, if you have the time)
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
Commander
Squad Leader
Bridge Officer
Medic
Reuben Owen
Registered user
Posts: 118
Joined: 17 May 2015, 18:01

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Reuben Owen » 23 Dec 2016, 16:16

cloning is getting removed soon@tm anyway

so besides cloning do you have any reasons to dislike it?
I play Xeno 99% of the time. All castes.
User avatar
Joe4444
Registered user
Posts: 719
Joined: 14 Feb 2015, 08:00
Location: land of the sheep

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Joe4444 » 23 Dec 2016, 19:57

Reuben Owen wrote:cloning is getting removed soon@tm anyway

so besides cloning do you have any reasons to dislike it?

coloning is getting removed with an emphasis on defibing people or something.....so it'll probably just cause more gibbing
User avatar
Karmac
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1825
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 00:29
Location: Queensland, Australia
Byond ID: Karmac

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Karmac » 23 Dec 2016, 21:00

Joe4444 wrote:coloning is getting removed with an emphasis on defibing people or something.....so it'll probably just cause more gibbing


This is exactly what I don't want to see as a result of no cloning, with people using the excuse of "You probably weren't going to be rescued anyway".

There will be a HUGE emphasis on rescuing captured marines if we have no cloning, they are the only marines we have, so seeing them COMPLETELY removed from the round due to gibbing, decap & drag the corpse, or xeno using shuttles to gib people when admins aren't looking is just going to make it a real bitch to try and be useful as a Medic.
Garth 'Grouch' Pawolski, usually helpful. If nothing else, I generally refuse to die in situations where I most certainly should have. Now KIA.

Seras Pawolski, the younger sister, still learning the ropes, still unsure of her surroundings.

Community Contributor, one of the first.

Honorable Breadator: Nracha-dte Kv'var-de (Relentless Hunter)

I was a moderator for a while.











► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Liran343
Registered user
Posts: 150
Joined: 10 Sep 2016, 13:55
Byond ID: Liran343

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Liran343 » 25 Dec 2016, 08:45

a good way to get rid of headhunters
User avatar
Toroic
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1010
Joined: 25 Sep 2015, 04:05

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Toroic » 25 Dec 2016, 12:59

Gibbing is unnecessary and could easily be removed.
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you..."

Xenos Vult
User avatar
Joe4444
Registered user
Posts: 719
Joined: 14 Feb 2015, 08:00
Location: land of the sheep

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Joe4444 » 25 Dec 2016, 16:07

now that I think about it...I made a suggestion to either remove gibbing from the queen or a rule change to prevent it happening too frequently,its locked but if you want to read it viewtopic.php?f=86&t=9618&p=105119&hilit=gibbing#p105119
User avatar
Liran343
Registered user
Posts: 150
Joined: 10 Sep 2016, 13:55
Byond ID: Liran343

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Liran343 » 26 Dec 2016, 07:41

Christ... removing gibbing isn't even for discussion. Gibbing is used to get rid of bursted marine corpses because they emit light, having scattered light sources that no one can destroy (except the queen) all around the north side of the river makes it easy for marines to spot the xenos and shoot their asses.
caleeb101
Registered user
Posts: 228
Joined: 26 Nov 2016, 06:04
Byond ID: Caleboz45

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby caleeb101 » 26 Dec 2016, 12:27

Liran343 wrote:Christ... removing gibbing isn't even for discussion. Gibbing is used to get rid of bursted marine corpses because they emit light, having scattered light sources that no one can destroy (except the queen) all around the north side of the river makes it easy for marines to spot the xenos and shoot their asses.



Don't the marine armors still get left behind anyways.. and the armor light is still on aswell.
Frank Jensen.

Rail flashies for life.
User avatar
Liran343
Registered user
Posts: 150
Joined: 10 Sep 2016, 13:55
Byond ID: Liran343

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Liran343 » 26 Dec 2016, 16:24

caleeb101 wrote:Don't the marine armors still get left behind anyways.. and the armor light is still on aswell.


Nope... everything is destroyed.
User avatar
Arachnidnexus
Donor
Donor
Posts: 449
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 20:50

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Arachnidnexus » 26 Dec 2016, 18:17

Gibbing is mostly used to deny specialist equipment from what I've seen. Xenos will often ask the Queen to "gib the boomtuber" or something like that. My feelings on it are very meh.
User avatar
Sad_Corn
Registered user
Posts: 306
Joined: 19 Nov 2016, 19:40
Byond ID: SadCorn

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Sad_Corn » 26 Dec 2016, 21:05

The problem is: Marines let their armor lights on, so the queen needs to gibb them.

Allow ayyliens to slash armor lights and remove gibbing. Profit
On May 17, 2016, a group of farmers dug up the diary of an ear of corn named Watson. Here are his entries.

Day 76:
They took Lawrence, dear god Lawrence... They ripped him off the stalk and smeared him in butter, just like Tyler and Jodie. They shipped him off to the popcorn factory...
I wonder what his wife will say.

Day 120: My brother says the VEGANS are protesting for more anti-meat bullshit. They want more of us to die. FUCKING HEATHENS.

Day 153: The ants are eating me from the inside out. They are popping out my kernels and taking them back to the nest. I feel them moving inside me. Julia says the pesticides will end our misery.

Day 300: Sweet Release. I can hear the planes flying over now. They are dropping the gas, it feels so good, sweet release-

Luiz"Mises"Buarque
User avatar
MrJJJ
Registered user
Posts: 1874
Joined: 12 Jan 2015, 10:51
Location: Spider Lab

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby MrJJJ » 27 Dec 2016, 03:23

Sad_Corn wrote:The problem is: Marines let their armor lights on, so the queen needs to gibb them.

Allow ayyliens to slash armor lights and remove gibbing. Profit

I agree, maybe when he is preety much dead, you can click on him harm intent, wait 2 seconds and boom, light turns off.
User avatar
Crab_Spider
Registered user
Posts: 1649
Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 15:52
Byond ID: Krab_Spider

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Crab_Spider » 30 Dec 2016, 13:14

Gibing bodies doesn't hinder or erase your chances of being cloned, it just removes core items of your character (Backpack, ID, armor, ammo rig). When a body is gibbed, there is still a head that can be reattached to a body, and therefore allow that person to return to the round.

The problem with being headless is the fact that people won't bother to try to reattach it, will think you're long gone, don't know how to reattach it, or think it's a solid waste of effort.
You will never be as bad as the baldie who picked up a tactical shotgun while a hunter was pouncing on top of a CMO for 4 seconds, with his only response being to pace around before being decap'd by said hunter. You are not Brett Kimple, and you never will be. You are not the reason why I regular MP.

I am John "Buckshot" Rhodes, the Tactical Snowflake Hunter
User avatar
Karmac
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1825
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 00:29
Location: Queensland, Australia
Byond ID: Karmac

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Karmac » 30 Dec 2016, 18:38

Crab_Spider wrote:Gibing bodies doesn't hinder or erase your chances of being cloned, it just removes core items of your character (Backpack, ID, armor, ammo rig). When a body is gibbed, there is still a head that can be reattached to a body, and therefore allow that person to return to the round.

The problem with being headless is the fact that people won't bother to try to reattach it, will think you're long gone, don't know how to reattach it, or think it's a solid waste of effort.


You literally proved your first sentence wrong by listing the details about it in your second sentence.

Nice try.
Garth 'Grouch' Pawolski, usually helpful. If nothing else, I generally refuse to die in situations where I most certainly should have. Now KIA.

Seras Pawolski, the younger sister, still learning the ropes, still unsure of her surroundings.

Community Contributor, one of the first.

Honorable Breadator: Nracha-dte Kv'var-de (Relentless Hunter)

I was a moderator for a while.











► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Crab_Spider
Registered user
Posts: 1649
Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 15:52
Byond ID: Krab_Spider

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Crab_Spider » 30 Dec 2016, 18:49

Carmac wrote:You literally proved your first sentence wrong by listing the details about it in your second sentence.

Nice try.


Do you mind inquiring me on this failure?
You will never be as bad as the baldie who picked up a tactical shotgun while a hunter was pouncing on top of a CMO for 4 seconds, with his only response being to pace around before being decap'd by said hunter. You are not Brett Kimple, and you never will be. You are not the reason why I regular MP.

I am John "Buckshot" Rhodes, the Tactical Snowflake Hunter
User avatar
Karmac
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1825
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 00:29
Location: Queensland, Australia
Byond ID: Karmac

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Karmac » 30 Dec 2016, 18:50

Crab_Spider wrote:Gibing bodies doesn't hinder or erase your chances of being cloned, it just removes core items of your character (Backpack, ID, armor, ammo rig). When a body is gibbed, there is still a head that can be reattached to a body, and therefore allow that person to return to the round.

The problem with being headless is the fact that people won't bother to try to reattach it, will think you're long gone, don't know how to reattach it, or think it's a solid waste of effort.


You say being gibbed doesn't reduce your chance of being cloned, and then point out that no one will go to the effort of cloning you.
Garth 'Grouch' Pawolski, usually helpful. If nothing else, I generally refuse to die in situations where I most certainly should have. Now KIA.

Seras Pawolski, the younger sister, still learning the ropes, still unsure of her surroundings.

Community Contributor, one of the first.

Honorable Breadator: Nracha-dte Kv'var-de (Relentless Hunter)

I was a moderator for a while.











► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Damarik
Registered user
Posts: 60
Joined: 22 Oct 2016, 21:01
Location: The Hive, Pennsylvania USA
Byond ID: Damarik
Contact:

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Damarik » 31 Dec 2016, 01:43

Gonna weigh in on this, just for the lulz, and because I know there's been a wide discussion about it.

Gibbing for the Queen exists. That's all there is to it. For canonical references, see Aliens, where Queen rips Bishop apart.

For practical reasons:
As has been stated, Gibbing removes Spec Weapons and Armor lights. Xenos exist in the darkness, because it gives them a better survival chance. If there's marine armor laying around, casting lights that we can't get rid of any other way than to 'hide the bodies' (which we still get bitched at for because we have to drag them far enough away from the battlefield that their lights don't cast over important key areas) behind walls or deep in the caves, then the Xeno's darkness is finalized as gone. As only the Queen can Gib, and there's only one Queen, this limits the Xenos abilities to take back their dark killing fields when there's flares, armor lights and god knows what else just lying about, casting light. (The only exception to this is the Boiler, because they are the bane of their own existence, not only because they emit their own light, but are slow as fuck.)

If the Queen is busy mining egg-fields, or on the assault, those lights remain, leaving nothing for a Xeno tactical retreat into darkness. A lone Xeno (T1 and some T2) will get absolutely slaughtered without darkness to hide in, if they're far enough away from the Hive. The Boiler itself is incapable of any serious self defense against anymore than one Marine, and even THAT is severely limited. Drones, too, have nothing in the way of Self Defense except to build a wall single wall tile that'll just get shot down three seconds after it's put up.

If we can't body-drag, and we can't gib, how else do you expect us to provide a challenge when any baldie rambo marine with a wild hair up his ass decides to chase down the helpless drone/boiler/T1 that has little in the way of defense?

Edited: because someone took issue with me saying the Queen "Gibs" Bishop.
Last edited by Damarik on 31 Dec 2016, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.
I live Xenos. I love Xenos. I would be one if I could.

There's damn good fuckin' reason why my avatar is the Queen. Respect it.

=Creator of the "Ultimate Guide to Xenomorphs", found here: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=9559 =

Times made Ancient Empress: 2
Hive Victories during rounds I made Ancient Empress: 2
User avatar
SUPERMAN112
Registered user
Posts: 222
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 22:25

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby SUPERMAN112 » 31 Dec 2016, 03:08

Gibbing a pred = most satisfying thing ever
Image
ROUNDS WON AS QUEEN: 31
ROUND LOST AS QUEEN: 2
PREDATOR BATTLES WON AS QUEEN: 10
PREDATOR BATTLES LOST AS QUEEN: 0
SOLO PREDATOR BATTLES WON AS QUEEN: 8
SOLO PREDATOR BATTLES LOST AS QUEEN: 0

Absque sudore et labore nullum opus perfectum est
User avatar
MrJJJ
Registered user
Posts: 1874
Joined: 12 Jan 2015, 10:51
Location: Spider Lab

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby MrJJJ » 31 Dec 2016, 04:03

Damarik wrote:Gonna weigh in on this, just for the lulz, and because I know there's been a wide discussion about it.

Gibbing for the Queen exists. That's all there is to it. For canonical references, see Aliens, where Queen gibs Bishop.

Uhm, do you know what gibbing is? She cuts Bishop in half, thats not gibbing, when a queen Gibs you on CM, You aren't cut in half, you are fucking cut into pieces, with only a head that 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% will someone take and then 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% will then someone try to utilize to clone you.
User avatar
Damarik
Registered user
Posts: 60
Joined: 22 Oct 2016, 21:01
Location: The Hive, Pennsylvania USA
Byond ID: Damarik
Contact:

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Damarik » 31 Dec 2016, 04:29

MrJJJ wrote:Uhm, do you know what gibbing is? She cuts Bishop in half, thats not gibbing, when a queen Gibs you on CM, You aren't cut in half, you are fucking cut into pieces, with only a head that 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% will someone take and then 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% will then someone try to utilize to clone you.


Okay. So she doesn't 'gib' him in the sense that we know today, but it essentially results in the same thing. One dead person. Still, the act that is going on is the same. Queen lifts someone into the air, and then rips them apart. Just because Bishop didn't end up in as many pieces as people in game do doesn't change the act. Perhaps he didn't fly into little chunks because his simulated epidermis is stronger than that of human skin. Who knows?

This bit of detail does not change the essential reasoning I posted for why the mechanic exists.
I live Xenos. I love Xenos. I would be one if I could.

There's damn good fuckin' reason why my avatar is the Queen. Respect it.

=Creator of the "Ultimate Guide to Xenomorphs", found here: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=9559 =

Times made Ancient Empress: 2
Hive Victories during rounds I made Ancient Empress: 2
User avatar
Karmac
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1825
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 00:29
Location: Queensland, Australia
Byond ID: Karmac

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Karmac » 31 Dec 2016, 04:32

Damarik I really appreciate the genuine answer, thank you.
Garth 'Grouch' Pawolski, usually helpful. If nothing else, I generally refuse to die in situations where I most certainly should have. Now KIA.

Seras Pawolski, the younger sister, still learning the ropes, still unsure of her surroundings.

Community Contributor, one of the first.

Honorable Breadator: Nracha-dte Kv'var-de (Relentless Hunter)

I was a moderator for a while.











► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Damarik
Registered user
Posts: 60
Joined: 22 Oct 2016, 21:01
Location: The Hive, Pennsylvania USA
Byond ID: Damarik
Contact:

Re: Queen Gibbing

Postby Damarik » 31 Dec 2016, 15:15

Carmac wrote:Damarik I really appreciate the genuine answer, thank you.


No problem.

I agree that it's a shitler move to just gib everyone. But it is a valid tactic when not abused.
I live Xenos. I love Xenos. I would be one if I could.

There's damn good fuckin' reason why my avatar is the Queen. Respect it.

=Creator of the "Ultimate Guide to Xenomorphs", found here: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=9559 =

Times made Ancient Empress: 2
Hive Victories during rounds I made Ancient Empress: 2

Return to “The Hive”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: immaspaceninja, Liran343 and 1 guest