You don't have to spam *dance

Our lives for the Queen!
User avatar
SpecialAgentOrange
Registered user
Posts: 83
Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 04:33

You don't have to spam *dance

Post by SpecialAgentOrange » 02 Jun 2017, 19:22

Just Ctrl+arrow keys

User avatar
NoahKirchner
Registered user
Posts: 1502
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 15:58
Location: Sea of Tranquility, Luna
Byond ID: NoahKirchner
Contact:

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by NoahKirchner » 02 Jun 2017, 19:23

SHH DON'T TELL THEM!
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SpecialAgentOrange
Registered user
Posts: 83
Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 04:33

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by SpecialAgentOrange » 02 Jun 2017, 19:24

NoahKirchner wrote:SHH DON'T TELL THEM!
I've been trying to tell people for a while but most players are fucking retarded and like to spam logs with *dance.

I even see crusher guides that call for macroing *dance instead of just using the hotkeys.

User avatar
TheMaskedMan2
Registered user
Posts: 591
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 12:37
Location: United States, Georgia
Byond ID: TheMaskedMan2

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by TheMaskedMan2 » 02 Jun 2017, 19:33

I say we just remove *dance to be honest. I thought about it for a while and while it is fun it just somewhat promotes silliness too much for my tastes.
Certified RP Professional (According to myself) and Xenomorph lover.

Karla Mikhaylova
Image

User avatar
darkwahn
Registered user
Posts: 88
Joined: 02 Mar 2017, 02:30
Byond ID: darkwahn

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by darkwahn » 02 Jun 2017, 19:35

TheMaskedMan2 wrote:I say we just remove *dance to be honest.
But Hunter --- dances around can make the marines think you're not hostile on first contact. ;_;
"Memories can be vile. Repulsive little brutes, like children I suppose. But can we live without them? Memories are what our reason is based upon. If we can't face them, we deny reason itself! Although, why not? We aren't contractually tied down to rationality. There is no sanity clause. So when you find yourself locked down in an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember: There's always madness. You can just step outside and close the door, and all those dreadful things that happened, you can lock them away. Madness... is an emergency exit."

User avatar
TheMaskedMan2
Registered user
Posts: 591
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 12:37
Location: United States, Georgia
Byond ID: TheMaskedMan2

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by TheMaskedMan2 » 02 Jun 2017, 20:04

darkwahn wrote:But Hunter --- dances around can make the marines think you're not hostile on first contact. ;_;
Eh not really, as a marine I just think "That shit is taunting us!" I'm much more likely to RP believe it is friendly if it actually does emotes that require effort.
Certified RP Professional (According to myself) and Xenomorph lover.

Karla Mikhaylova
Image

User avatar
shyshadow
Registered user
Posts: 487
Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 18:19
Location: In a Toaster
Byond ID: ShyShadow

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by shyshadow » 02 Jun 2017, 21:13

This promotes fucking Salt from marines, I know because I get fucking triggered by them.
Image
^^^^Certified Neckbeard^^^^

User avatar
Jay Burns
Registered user
Posts: 392
Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 13:17
Location: Some place on earth

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by Jay Burns » 02 Jun 2017, 21:53


User avatar
NoahKirchner
Registered user
Posts: 1502
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 15:58
Location: Sea of Tranquility, Luna
Byond ID: NoahKirchner
Contact:

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by NoahKirchner » 02 Jun 2017, 21:58

why does everything even a little bit funny get ruined ;_;
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
shyshadow
Registered user
Posts: 487
Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 18:19
Location: In a Toaster
Byond ID: ShyShadow

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by shyshadow » 02 Jun 2017, 22:04

NoahKirchner wrote:why does everything even a little bit funny get ruined ;_;
A little funny? You mean a little salt inducing.
Image
^^^^Certified Neckbeard^^^^

User avatar
NoahKirchner
Registered user
Posts: 1502
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 15:58
Location: Sea of Tranquility, Luna
Byond ID: NoahKirchner
Contact:

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by NoahKirchner » 02 Jun 2017, 22:07

shyshadow wrote:A little funny? You mean a little salt inducing.
I always thought it was cheeky, gives the xenos some character. Same thing with some hivechat memes and "Bonks"
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Renomaki
Registered user
Posts: 1412
Joined: 22 Jul 2016, 18:26

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by Renomaki » 02 Jun 2017, 22:11

Dance is an amusing little trick at first, but when xenos start spamming it and turning into xenonatos... Then it gets a little excessive.

There is memeing, and then there is "LOOK AT ME MOMMY LOOK AT ME I'M FUNNY LOLOLOLOL!!!!11!!"
Sometimes, bravery comes from the most unlikely sources.

An inspirational song for when ye be feeling blue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5_zvuPw8xU

User avatar
NoahKirchner
Registered user
Posts: 1502
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 15:58
Location: Sea of Tranquility, Luna
Byond ID: NoahKirchner
Contact:

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by NoahKirchner » 02 Jun 2017, 22:14

Renomaki wrote:Dance is an amusing little trick at first, but when xenos start spamming it and turning into xenonatos... Then it gets a little excessive.

There is memeing, and then there is "LOOK AT ME MOMMY LOOK AT ME I'M FUNNY LOLOLOLOL!!!!11!!"
Memeing was a nice way to keep the hive working together imo, besides that there's literally nothing for xenos to talk about besides business. They can't RP because they were born literally 20 minutes ago and their personality and ambitions are already established. Memes A. Keep the hive together and B. make them more likely to listen to the queen because loving the queen is normally the source of the memes.

RP shouldn't be focused on the xenos, they drive marine RP, not the other way around.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
TheDonkified
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 315
Joined: 11 Dec 2016, 19:02
Byond ID: TheDonkified

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by TheDonkified » 02 Jun 2017, 22:20

In my opinion, xenos shouldn't even be able to use /me. Seeing something like "Young Hunter (0) smiles at the marine creepily" is stupid, since xenos aren't supposed to interact with marines in that way. They are killing machines that aim to expand the hive or kill.
Lother Jones Szer Nacly

User avatar
MrJJJ
Registered user
Posts: 1912
Joined: 12 Jan 2015, 10:51
Location: Spider Lab

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by MrJJJ » 02 Jun 2017, 22:23

>People are stupid so posts on a forum of how to do the secret technique without spamming dnace
>Doesn't realize that all the baldies that do it don't view the forums

User avatar
TheDonkified
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 315
Joined: 11 Dec 2016, 19:02
Byond ID: TheDonkified

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by TheDonkified » 02 Jun 2017, 22:25

MrJJJ wrote:>People are stupid so posts on a forum of how to do the secret technique without spamming dnace
>Doesn't realize that all the baldies that do it don't view the forums
lol, this is actually true
Lother Jones Szer Nacly

User avatar
Szunti
Registered user
Posts: 253
Joined: 10 Dec 2015, 17:18

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by Szunti » 03 Jun 2017, 05:27

But ctrl+arrows is 2 or 3 times slower and jerky. Or maybe just when you live in Europe.

User avatar
Nyeshivuu
Registered user
Posts: 229
Joined: 06 Feb 2017, 22:32
Location: LOOC salting at a xeno

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by Nyeshivuu » 03 Jun 2017, 13:42

ah man my bottom arrowkey is gone
Probably dead in some remote corner of the map
Mikhail 'Mik' Dmitri
Something serious about current times - Gorge Goblin
Image
Image
http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtop ... 91&t=15058 My sexy dossier

User avatar
darkwahn
Registered user
Posts: 88
Joined: 02 Mar 2017, 02:30
Byond ID: darkwahn

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by darkwahn » 03 Jun 2017, 13:49

TheMaskedMan2 wrote:Eh not really, as a marine I just think "That shit is taunting us!" I'm much more likely to RP believe it is friendly if it actually does emotes that require effort.

I've had marines just let me walk around them/ try to interact with me on first contact by doing that as my first action more than once.
"Memories can be vile. Repulsive little brutes, like children I suppose. But can we live without them? Memories are what our reason is based upon. If we can't face them, we deny reason itself! Although, why not? We aren't contractually tied down to rationality. There is no sanity clause. So when you find yourself locked down in an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember: There's always madness. You can just step outside and close the door, and all those dreadful things that happened, you can lock them away. Madness... is an emergency exit."

User avatar
xBoBox3
Registered user
Posts: 39
Joined: 28 Sep 2015, 13:04
Location: In the alien hive, captured.

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by xBoBox3 » 04 Jul 2017, 12:33

I spam dance while jogging in front of marine defenses
You can't stop and use ctrl+arrows while actually moving, which is kinda shit.
Hesus Alejandro, professional hispanic.

User avatar
YungCuz
Registered user
Posts: 694
Joined: 25 May 2016, 08:04
Location: The Final Frontier
Byond ID: YungCuz2

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by YungCuz » 04 Jul 2017, 14:00

OR just not dance at all cause it just makes people hate you more than they already do.
http://i.imgur.com/b9XSpih.png Ayyliums
^When you join and the janitor role is taken.^
Image
I am here in the shadows.....
http://colonial-marines.com/download/fi ... &mode=view
^Closely watching.^
http://i.imgur.com/ZzopTiz.png?1
^When the RO causes problems.^

User avatar
Tidomann
Registered user
Posts: 449
Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 02:59
Location: Canada
Byond ID: Tidomann

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by Tidomann » 04 Jul 2017, 17:38

Remove dance, add fart, deals toxin damage to nested marines

Marines winrate 100% as xenos kill all infected marines with methane, as only slashing nested marines is banned.

User avatar
notasyndie
Registered user
Posts: 93
Joined: 18 Sep 2016, 00:27
Byond ID: notasyndie

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by notasyndie » 07 Jul 2017, 21:58

You say we spam it because we are retarded when we are simply fucking up marine communication because they can't see each other talking in the chat when the chat log is full of dance emotes

Skimmy2
Registered user
Posts: 202
Joined: 19 May 2017, 00:53
Byond ID: Skimmy2

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by Skimmy2 » 08 Jul 2017, 05:12

notasyndie wrote:You say we spam it because we are retarded when we are simply fucking up marine communication because they can't see each other talking in the chat when the chat log is full of dance emotes
Marines cant see each other talking because their chats are spammed with bright red weapons fire.

Your dancing isint going too do much to interfere with that.
Steve Humason : Squad Leader, Military Police, Squad Marine
Chroma Tuflos : Pilot Officer, Corporate Liaison

User avatar
notasyndie
Registered user
Posts: 93
Joined: 18 Sep 2016, 00:27
Byond ID: notasyndie

Re: You don't have to spam *dance

Post by notasyndie » 08 Jul 2017, 10:18

Skimmy2 wrote:Marines cant see each other talking because their chats are spammed with bright red weapons fire.

Your dancing isint going too do much to interfere with that.
Its going to make it even worse of course!!

Post Reply