carrier goodness

Our lives for the Queen!
jalen earl

carrier goodness

Post by jalen earl » 03 Dec 2017, 17:22

Whats your favourite way to carrier or your best plays?
Carrier will never be the same but i have grown to like the newer one and adjusted my style accordingly.

Either using the body of a fallen SL as bait to a hugger trap. Or doing what i did last night and waiting for the boiler queen combo in SD then running into the middle of the defenses dumping 10 off in all directions leading to about 7 captures.
Mainly play - SL , SG , SO

A half assed heroic that plagiarizes all his war speeches

GoliathTheDespoiler
Byond ID: GoliathTheDespoiler
Steam: Goliath

Re: carrier goodness

Post by GoliathTheDespoiler » 03 Dec 2017, 17:47

Create more traps than japan.

That and back in the old hugger combat days I got 3 marines at once with three throws. That wqs satisfying.
Commander Joseph 'Goliath' Clancy, occaisonal Charlie SL. Widowed father of three. Sufferer of PTSD and way too caring.
Corpswoman Judith 'Mèrci' Clancy, quiet daughter looking for her father.
Warrant Officer Emile Clancy, Strict ex-police chief looking out for his sisters.
Xenomorph Queen 'Pandinus' ruler of the Alpha Hive. Unusually diplomatic.
R'ka Us'Tribi Serpent Trapper, hateful predator. "FUCKING SERPENT BASTARDS KILLED MY BROTHERS".

jalen earl

Post by jalen earl » 03 Dec 2017, 19:48

GoliathTheDespoiler wrote:
03 Dec 2017, 17:47
Create more traps than japan.

That and back in the old hugger combat days I got 3 marines at once with three throws. That wqs satisfying.
Sometimes i miss the old shock trooper carrier combat. But then i remember how awful it was being on the receiving end.

My way now is throw one 2-3tiles in front of a barricade when they arent watching .rush in and slash the barricade till they run up to defend bail back and enjoy
Mainly play - SL , SG , SO

A half assed heroic that plagiarizes all his war speeches

HKO2006
Byond ID: HKO20006
Steam: HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » 22 Dec 2017, 09:02

Just played a marine round, got crabbed by trap two times when clearing weed. Over 13 larvas extracted (plus few more waiting) at medbay, Carrier really did well this round.
PFC Oskar Weber
Marine: Bayonet/smash myself and others when clearing weed/filling sandbags, nade myself at RO line (don't misclick Z&don't R after Z!), forgot to disable UGL after loading it, walk into my own flame, fire nade to have it bounces back to me (nades don't go diagonally through people/wall), walk into Crusher charge, drag monkey/colonist body/alien body to have claymore to face, move while burst firing to FF
Alien: Pounce across fire nade field as hunter to have HP halved.
Luftrausers - Heavyrauser, Neon Genesis Evangelion - Cruel Angel's Thesis, Aurora - Nature Boy
Queen body blocked: 1, Ravager body blocked: 1