Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Should I be whitelisted?

Poll ended at 13 Jun 2017, 22:01

Yes
17
100%
No
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 17
User avatar
shyshadow
Registered user
Posts: 325
Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 18:19
Location: In a Toaster
Byond ID: ShyShadow

Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby shyshadow » 06 Jun 2017, 22:01

Byond ID: ShyShadow

Player name you use the most: Christopher Odd

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link:Denied 1st Commander Application
Denied 2nd Predator Application
1st Denied Predator Application

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines? I understand completely in regards to punishments for not fulfilling my role as a commander or any other role within the server.

Why should you be whitelisted?
Why I should be whitelisted? That's a really difficult question to answer, in all honesty I'm a good candidate for this role because I'm well versed and I'm dedicated to this community, roleplay and enjoyment for others. My objective is simple as a Commander; make sure everyone of those marines gets back home for chicken soup. It's simple on paper, but it's extremely difficult in reality. I'm a great candidate because I know how to fulfill the role to it's best potential making sure people have fun and have things done.

Being the Commander isn't solely based on actual capability as the role, but capability as a person. You don't have to win, though it's very fulfilling when that's done. Most of the time when things are hazy, when things are chaotic a proud and respectable voice can change the tides of war sometimes a motivating factor is all anyone needs. I think I'm capable of being said factor making sure things are set straight when my inferior Executive Officer cannot upheld the standards which is a Commander. Sometimes there will be times where our marines aren't good enough to withheld the threat that is on whatever hell hole colony we're investigating.

Sometimes that will happen, but a voice, a dream and some god damn motivation will make those last moments a moment to fight for. I intend to learn from experience and I will roleplay accordingly, I hate powergaming, it ruins the actual roleplay of the server and it's not fun for either side. If a Predator could just plasma cast every single alien because they were getting attacked, I don't think anyone would have fun. Sometimes people won't agree with certain actions, but it doesn't mean it won't be a fun experience. I'm human and humans WILL make mistakes so not every round will be outstanding but I will certainly try. I intend to focus on a fun experience and a fulfilling experience.

I'm a good person, good roleplayer, and I wish to have an enjoyable experience for everyone because sometimes a Commander is all anyone needs for a good time. If it were to arise a problem is within the platoon I would use my voice rather then actual threats, the marine's thought on command is more then able to turn the tides of war. There will be those moments where I might have to field execute but if I do need to I will be VERY, hesitant on doing so. It's a VERY important decision that will bring down moral and moral is important to me. I'd like to be a level headed commander making sure things go well and I'd be a stern commander though, insuring my voice is reached by all marines.
Last edited by shyshadow on 06 Jun 2017, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Image
^^^^^^^^^Cringe Kid^^^^^^^^ Garbage I mean Commander Crap
User avatar
Challenger
Registered user
Posts: 216
Joined: 05 May 2017, 19:31
Byond ID: digitalis

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby Challenger » 06 Jun 2017, 22:35

Lot of words about how you're a great roleplayer and not a powergamer but not a lot about how you're actually gonna roleplay. Simply maximizing the amount of alive marines is kind of just attempting a "hard mode" win, or maybe even just a strategy, it's not really roleplay... unless you OOCly want people alive to keep them enjoying the round or something? Plus it seems like it'd have weird results like your ordering a full evac of everyone off the planet the moment a single guy gets injured to a hostile... okay whatever you probably didn't mean it like that.

Basically what I'm saying is there's almost zero substance to your CO app. Write a briefing or lengthy IC interaction so I can judge your CO's voice. Also a nitpick but glowy text used anywhere, ever, screams "no taste" to me, just bold or underline the questions instead.
Ilan Rahal
User avatar
shyshadow
Registered user
Posts: 325
Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 18:19
Location: In a Toaster
Byond ID: ShyShadow

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby shyshadow » 06 Jun 2017, 23:04

Challenger wrote:Basically what I'm saying is there's almost zero substance to your CO app. Write a briefing or lengthy IC interaction so I can judge your CO's voice. Also a nitpick but glowy text used anywhere, ever, screams "no taste" to me, just bold or underline the questions instead.

I'll go with a interaction....Me and the Corporate Liason.

Enter the Corporate Liason entering the CiC with the Commander sitting and smoking a cigar.

Christopher Odd
Hmm, what is it? It'd better be important, I love Weyland-Yutani's work but we're usually busy I mean we've just deployed so nothing is really going on but you know what I mean!

Corporate Liason
Well Commander, this is a Weyland-Yutani facility, and I'd like to ensure that our interests are upheld. I don't doubt for a second you'd try to ensure minimal damage to the colony is done. I'd just like you to remind the marines about this.

Christopher Odd
Well sure of course no harm, no foul I say. Though you must've missed briefing I reminded the marines, though I doubt any of them were actually listening. Most of the time the Squad Leader is the only one that cares. Only good boots listen.

Corporate Liason
Well you must have faith in your marines correct? Anyway, if you could make a command announcement that would be reassuring not only for the company's interests but for you as well. If you get what I mean.

Christopher Odd
Are you attempting to bribe me? Well...I mean really no harm in taking some free cash. Alright, I'll get to it, these younger vocal cords never get annoyed by talking to my marines.

Commander Announcement
Alright marines, I know you're all bad asses, I get that. Bad asses gotta vent out their bad assery on something, but I got some suits breathing down my neck about you breaking shit. I know you probably haven't but I want to remind you bad asses about not doing that, remember you'll probably be done with this operation in about 2 hours. So just keep yourselves restraint from breaking shit for that amount of time, I don't want to be handing out punishments for some of your silly shenanigans, you're marines so act like it.

Christopher Odd
You happy now suit?

Corporate Liason
Yes, very much. I'll be off. Hope this operation goes smooth like.
Image
^^^^^^^^^Cringe Kid^^^^^^^^ Garbage I mean Commander Crap
User avatar
jusa297
Registered user
Posts: 199
Joined: 20 Jan 2017, 19:48
Byond ID: jusa297

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby jusa297 » 08 Jun 2017, 09:57

I don't know... Odd, i like you and all, but as stated previously, you didn't gave us any info on what you plan to do and i didn't liked the interaction since you were mean to the CL for no reason. I'll go with -1 since i want to put imput. Next time give us the info and you'll have a +1, but for now, keep trying. And you didn't said you weren't worse than Carson
Best interaction with i've had:
Image

I love you papa feweh, god bless.

LostPlayed a round as an Ancient Runner and Ancient Hunter. I still suck at alien though : ^)
User avatar
shyshadow
Registered user
Posts: 325
Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 18:19
Location: In a Toaster
Byond ID: ShyShadow

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby shyshadow » 08 Jun 2017, 12:48

jusa297 wrote:I don't know... Odd, i like you and all, but as stated previously, you didn't gave us any info on what you plan to do and i didn't liked the interaction since you were mean to the CL for no reason. I'll go with -1 since i want to put input. Next time give us the info and you'll have a +1, but for now, keep trying. And you didn't said you weren't worse than Carson

Hello, I'm confused just a little. Wait, sorry if I come off a bit rude or whatever, but like I kinda did...a little I think. I'm not sure 100% what you mean I didn't provide how I will act? That's really just really more or less what you intend to find out, if I'm accepted. I Genuinely don't want to set in stone how I intend to act like because well. Sometimes you'll get a different Christopher Odd, I don't like making a new character with a different personality because well, there won't be much to remember. Sometimes you'll get a more mellow Commander with a stern voice that's seen it all. Sometimes you'll get a new Commander that just got the job and is nervous about his job, he's seen some things but he's been baby sat by his Commander. I intend to spice up the round every now and again with something more real, or fun. Of course I won't let said spice disable or hinder the marine's progress in anyway, I don't intend on winning every single round. Though why make sure it's a harder time for the marines trying? You know? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed some feed back and that I get you to change your opinion.
Image
^^^^^^^^^Cringe Kid^^^^^^^^ Garbage I mean Commander Crap
User avatar
jusa297
Registered user
Posts: 199
Joined: 20 Jan 2017, 19:48
Byond ID: jusa297

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby jusa297 » 08 Jun 2017, 13:15

shyshadow wrote:Hello, I'm confused just a little. Wait, sorry if I come off a bit rude or whatever, but like I kinda did...a little I think. I'm not sure 100% what you mean I didn't provide how I will act? That's really just really more or less what you intend to find out, if I'm accepted. I Genuinely don't want to set in stone how I intend to act like because well. Sometimes you'll get a different Christopher Odd, I don't like making a new character with a different personality because well, there won't be much to remember. Sometimes you'll get a more mellow Commander with a stern voice that's seen it all. Sometimes you'll get a new Commander that just got the job and is nervous about his job, he's seen some things but he's been baby sat by his Commander. I intend to spice up the round every now and again with something more real, or fun. Of course I won't let said spice disable or hinder the marine's progress in anyway, I don't intend on winning every single round. Though why make sure it's a harder time for the marines trying? You know? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed some feed back and that I get you to change your opinion.



Damn, my engrish strikes me again. What i was trying to say is If i could fucking talk was that i didn't liked that you were so rude with the CL for no reason and the fact that you didn't said anything on what you plan on doing. Yes, if i got the information that you gave me now, i would've gave you a +1, but now it's too late and i'm feeling lonley as the only idiot that gave you a -1

Good luck, Commander. 07
Best interaction with i've had:
Image

I love you papa feweh, god bless.

LostPlayed a round as an Ancient Runner and Ancient Hunter. I still suck at alien though : ^)
User avatar
shyshadow
Registered user
Posts: 325
Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 18:19
Location: In a Toaster
Byond ID: ShyShadow

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby shyshadow » 08 Jun 2017, 13:35

jusa297 wrote:Damn, my engrish strikes me again. What i was trying to say is If i could fucking talk was that i didn't liked that you were so rude with the CL for no reason and the fact that you didn't said anything on what you plan on doing. Yes, if i got the information that you gave me now, i would've gave you a +1, but now it's too late and i'm feeling lonley as the only idiot that gave you a -1

Good luck, Commander. 07

You can always change :P.
Image
^^^^^^^^^Cringe Kid^^^^^^^^ Garbage I mean Commander Crap
User avatar
jusa297
Registered user
Posts: 199
Joined: 20 Jan 2017, 19:48
Byond ID: jusa297

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby jusa297 » 08 Jun 2017, 16:08

shyshadow wrote:You can always change :P.


Wait, you can change your vote? Damn, giving a yes.
Best interaction with i've had:
Image

I love you papa feweh, god bless.

LostPlayed a round as an Ancient Runner and Ancient Hunter. I still suck at alien though : ^)
User avatar
Symbiosis
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 165
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 12:13
Byond ID: Symbiosis

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby Symbiosis » 09 Jun 2017, 06:37

He's an alright guy. RP's well enough. Knows the game. Not a Shitler. +1
Cliff "Chubs" Campbell

Squad Medic
User avatar
darkwahn
Registered user
Posts: 62
Joined: 02 Mar 2017, 02:30
Byond ID: darkwahn

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby darkwahn » 09 Jun 2017, 19:46

I like Christopher Odd in game, pretty sure he's been a decent enough squad leader.

Think he can manage this. +1
User avatar
Kiroking
Registered user
Posts: 33
Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 21:57
Byond ID: Kiroking

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby Kiroking » 13 Jun 2017, 19:37

I know your character odd, I enjoy rounds as SL when your my SO or XO and I think you can do commander +1.
Malcolm 'Holdout' Allister

Predators killed: 5
User avatar
shyshadow
Registered user
Posts: 325
Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 18:19
Location: In a Toaster
Byond ID: ShyShadow

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby shyshadow » 13 Jun 2017, 22:21

Well anyway, the Poll's ended. I don't really like replying to "Everyone" for supporting. Mostly because I feel it's redundant and unnecessary. However I'd like to say thank you to all of you. That support me. Now only time will tell if I'm accepted. Though I doubt I won't be but I mean....last time I got Head-Staff overridden so I mean *shrug*. Who knows. Anyway thank you for giving your time and effort in either replying or even just voting. Thanks all around. You da best.
Image
^^^^^^^^^Cringe Kid^^^^^^^^ Garbage I mean Commander Crap
User avatar
TehSpoderman
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 381
Joined: 05 Feb 2017, 22:10
Byond ID: TehSpoderman

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby TehSpoderman » 14 Jun 2017, 01:07

shyshadow wrote:Well anyway, the Poll's ended. I don't really like replying to "Everyone" for supporting. Mostly because I feel it's redundant and unnecessary. However I'd like to say thank you to all of you. That support me. Now only time will tell if I'm accepted. Though I doubt I won't be but I mean....last time I got Head-Staff overridden so I mean *shrug*. Who knows. Anyway thank you for giving your time and effort in either replying or even just voting. Thanks all around. You da best.

yee fam :) :)
Duke "Oddshot" Stroh - The b a m b o o z l e r
Staff history: Mentor: June 5th-???
Image
(Enter Mary Sue dossier here)
User avatar
apophis775
Host
Host
Posts: 5709
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 18:05
Location: Ice Colony
Byond ID: Apophis775
Contact:

Re: Christopher Odd's Commander Application 2.0

Postby apophis775 » 23 Jun 2017, 15:21

Approved
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

Return to “Approved Commander Apps”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests