Replacing the maintenance door in Req with a Req access door

Post your brilliant ideas here, or complain about how nothing works.
Mattmaster77
Registered user
Posts: 91
Joined: 11 Jul 2015, 17:18

Replacing the maintenance door in Req with a Req access door

Postby Mattmaster77 » 18 May 2017, 18:00

Summary (a quick, 2-3 sentence summary): There is a door in the back of Req that is a maintenance door, as shown in: https://gyazo.com/901add45abd71d51d2f566e41868f48a Therefore, anyone with maintenance access can just waltz into cargo and do whatever they please, whether that is steal from Req, or fuck with them.

Benefits (How this will benefit the server and game as a whole): This will help Cargo feel more secure for those working in Req, since people cannot just waltz in whenever they please.

Details (Description of how you think this would work, the benefits, etc): Changing the access permissions in the door by having only people with access to Req can open the said door.

Implementation (Optional, if you have an idea how to implement it):
User avatar
YungCuz
Registered user
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 May 2016, 08:04
Location: The Final Frontier
Byond ID: YungCuz2

Re: Replacing the maintenance door in Req with a Req access door

Postby YungCuz » 19 May 2017, 12:55

I mean tbh the only ones who do have access are just MTs, CE, Command staff and Security (ithink) So i kinda feel this isnt nesscary.
Besides what reasons would they have to steal from Req?
http://i.imgur.com/b9XSpih.png Ayyliums
^When you join and the janitor role is taken.^
Image
I am here in the shadows.....
http://colonial-marines.com/download/file.php?id=495&mode=view
^Closely watching.^
http://i.imgur.com/ZzopTiz.png?1
^When the RO causes problems.^
User avatar
Jory13
Registered user
Posts: 43
Joined: 07 Apr 2017, 14:19
Byond ID: Jory13

Re: Replacing the maintenance door in Req with a Req access door

Postby Jory13 » 19 May 2017, 13:18

I've seen some odd people steal attachments...
Image
Mattmaster77
Registered user
Posts: 91
Joined: 11 Jul 2015, 17:18

Re: Replacing the maintenance door in Req with a Req access door

Postby Mattmaster77 » 19 May 2017, 18:07

YungCuz wrote:I mean tbh the only ones who do have access are just MTs, CE, Command staff and Security (ithink) So i kinda feel this isnt nesscary.
Besides what reasons would they have to steal from Req?


When maintenance access is granted to the entire ship, ANYONE can use that door to get inside (not just the jobs you listed above) and steal attachments/supplies meant for someone else. It doesn't make sense that the MTs, and CE have access to a single door in Req, but not any other door in Req itself.
User avatar
Andkert
Registered user
Posts: 244
Joined: 11 Dec 2016, 19:02
Byond ID: TheDonkified

Re: Replacing the maintenance door in Req with a Req access door

Postby Andkert » 19 May 2017, 18:27

Mattmaster77 wrote:When maintenance access is granted to the entire ship, ANYONE can use that door to get inside (not just the jobs you listed above) and steal attachments/supplies meant for someone else. It doesn't make sense that the MTs, and CE have access to a single door in Req, but not any other door in Req itself.
When maintenance access is granted, typically, it means that the xenos or some other hostile entity have boarded the ship, which makes marines stealing supplies/attachments irrelevant, at least in that situation.
Lother Jones Szer Nacly
Mattmaster77
Registered user
Posts: 91
Joined: 11 Jul 2015, 17:18

Re: Replacing the maintenance door in Req with a Req access door

Postby Mattmaster77 » 19 May 2017, 18:46

Andkert wrote:When maintenance access is granted, typically, it means that the xenos or some other hostile entity have boarded the ship, which makes marines stealing supplies/attachments irrelevant, at least in that situation.


Still, the fact that the maintenance door in Sulaco Req for getting to the showers is meant to be for people with Req access only. Even with maintenance access granted, no one could get in if they didn't have access to Req. There is still no reason why there should be engineering access on a door to Req. Not even cargo personnel can access it.
User avatar
YungCuz
Registered user
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 May 2016, 08:04
Location: The Final Frontier
Byond ID: YungCuz2

Re: Replacing the maintenance door in Req with a Req access door

Postby YungCuz » 19 May 2017, 19:00

Mattmaster77 wrote:When maintenance access is granted to the entire ship, ANYONE can use that door to get inside (not just the jobs you listed above) and steal attachments/supplies meant for someone else. It doesn't make sense that the MTs, and CE have access to a single door in Req, but not any other door in Req itself.

Its highly likely that there isnt any attachments lying around and half of the time no one would even have to steal anything. (again they dont really have a reason to.)
Plus cargo staff are gonna be there 24/7 so what are the chances of someone stealing shit regardless if you have people to ward them off.
http://i.imgur.com/b9XSpih.png Ayyliums
^When you join and the janitor role is taken.^
Image
I am here in the shadows.....
http://colonial-marines.com/download/file.php?id=495&mode=view
^Closely watching.^
http://i.imgur.com/ZzopTiz.png?1
^When the RO causes problems.^
Mattmaster77
Registered user
Posts: 91
Joined: 11 Jul 2015, 17:18

Re: Replacing the maintenance door in Req with a Req access door

Postby Mattmaster77 » 19 May 2017, 19:11

YungCuz wrote:Its highly likely that there isnt any attachments lying around and half of the time no one would even have to steal anything. (again they dont really have a reason to.)
Plus cargo staff are gonna be there 24/7 so what are the chances of someone stealing shit regardless if you have people to ward them off.


Cargo staff aren't going to 100% be there, they may need to go deliver supplies VIA shuttle, they may need to ask engineering something, or go back to cryo and SSD. There is no excuse for the door there to not being able to be accessed by Req personnel while others can, other rooms don't have engineering access as a requirement to open it, such as the Weapon Arrays, the CL's backroom. This door doesn't have the correct access requirements on it and should be fixed.

Return to “Suggestions”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest