Updates discussion thread

Generic, on-topic discussion about Colonial Marines.
Bronimin

Re: Updates discussion thread

Post by Bronimin » 12 Oct 2017, 13:41

and we can't even meme about it, because the queen mother has banned all memes

Crab_Spider
Byond ID: Krab_Spider

Post by Crab_Spider » 12 Oct 2017, 14:58

Heckenshutze wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 13:11
Oh, boo hoo now xenos have to be a LITTLE smarter to kick some ass.

Get good, cry me a river while you're doing it.

P.S predators have thermals, and make them see figures instead of mobs isn't a problem, as long we see them throu walls. Plus, aliens don't 'see' they indeed smell or use pheromones to detect their targets so the days of meta your spec, medic, SL are over get used to it.

That's a theory. As are many pieces of knowledge in the Alien Universe. Speculation.
You will never be as bad as the baldie who picked up a tactical shotgun while a hunter was pouncing on top of a CMO for 4 seconds, with his only response being to pace around before being decap'd by said hunter. You are not Brett Kimple, and you never will be. You are not the reason why I regular MP.

I am John "Buckshot" Rhodes, the Tactical Snowflake Hunter

Nyeshivuu

Post by Nyeshivuu » 12 Oct 2017, 15:47

The first round with the xeno vision thing i kicked ass as i always do, i only died due to slipping off the almayer and falling to the colony. Killing marines still felt awesome but i would like it if i could see the wounds. That would be cool.
Probably dead in some remote corner of the map
Mikhail 'Mik' Dmitri
Something serious about current times - Gorge Goblin
http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtop ... 91&t=15058 My sexy dossier

Sabactus
Byond ID: Sabactus

Post by Sabactus » 12 Oct 2017, 16:41

Heckenshutze wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 13:11
Oh, boo hoo now xenos have to be a LITTLE smarter to kick some ass.

Get good, cry me a river while you're doing it.

P.S predators have thermals, and make them see figures instead of mobs isn't a problem, as long we see them throu walls. Plus, aliens don't 'see' they indeed smell or use pheromones to detect their targets so the days of meta your spec, medic, SL are over get used to it.
IRL, infrared light can be blocked by a single pane of glass so using infrared to see through walls is right out. You need some other kind of detection method.
Anderson Scott
Carson Xander

” If Marines could get what they needed when they needed it we would be happy and wouldn't ready to kill people all of the time.
The Marine Corps is like America's Pitbull. They beat us, mistreat us and every once in awhile, they let us out to attack someone.”
— Generation Kill

HKO2006
Byond ID: HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » 16 Oct 2017, 05:42

Humans can now attempt to put out fire on another human by clicking them with an empty hand on help intent.

You think it is a marine buff? Nah, muhreen will forget to switch hand before 'helping' and bayonet each other in the head instead.
PFC Oskar Weber, How you died? Vote now on your phones http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtop ... 42#p164742
Marine: Get nades baby! Bayonet/smash myself and others when clearing weed/filling sandbags, nade myself at RO line (X to Z then R (don't R)), forgot UGL to disable after loading it, walk into my own flame, fire nade to have it bounce back to me (nade don't go diagonally through people/wall), walk into Crusher charge, drag monkey/colonist body/alien body to have claymore to face
Alien: CRUSHER ROAAR, Weeeeed, Live dangerously
Luftrausers - Heavyrauser, Neon Genesis Evangelion - Cruel Angel's Thesis, Aurora - Nature Boy