January 3 2018, dylanstrategie updated:
- Changed how Peridaxon and Quick Clot work. Peridaxon now stops most symptoms from internal damage without fixing them. Quick Clot now stops all bleeding but doesn't fix it. Dosages and overdose thresholds unchanged.
- Added Peridaxon to the Marine Medical Vendors.
- Added Incision Management Systems to the Surgery Rooms.
- Bone surgery made one step faster by removing final bone patching step.
- Change strongly delineates and defines doctors as healers and medics as stabilizers.
- Internal bleeding now often a death sentence.
- Peridaxon and QuickClot now effectively useless given their fast metabolism rate and low Overdose ceiling; Medics have no good answers to damaged organs/internal bleeding except for the cryobag (not sure if this stops bleeding).
- Already considerable strain on Medbay significantly increased with the addition of IB and organ surgeries, resulting in even greater surgery backlogs/'surgery hell'; Incision Management System and increased fracture surgery speed don't nearly compensate for dramatically increased patient flow.
- Medbay made even less efficient since doctors can't use hyperzine to expedite movement except in emergency situations.
- As a direct consequence of #3 and #4 Marines are less likely to return to the Almayer for medical treatment, preferring instead to die on the battlefield than wait indefinitely for surgery.
- Already unfun doctor role has become even less fun and more discouraging; rounds are likely to consist of nothing but rote surgery procedures after the first big wave of casualties.
- Discourages marine aggression; encourages bog down/defensive/trench warfare.
- Meta will likely change to feature a much stronger field doctor presence due to the newfound need to treat IB and organ damage as quickly as possible.
- Meta will gear towards strategically letting people die and defibbing them in order to limit deterioration.
- New extreme reliance on doctors makes inexperienced/new/incompetent doctors a probable death sentence for the marines.
- Increase Peridaxon/Quickclot OD threshold, slow their metabolism rate, or both so they're effective as a battlefield stabilizer.
- Peridaxon and Quickclot actually heal organs and IB respectively when their beneficiary is in cryo (and only in cryo); allows them to simultaneously be used in the field as a stabilizer and in medbay as a healing chem.
- Add Autodocs that scale with population to help mitigate the impact of two additional surgery types, and significantly increased surgery/patient flow from planetside.
- Have cryobags arrest bleeding and internal bleeding.
- To help the medics and get the badly wounded to Medbay: https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/1979
- In general the efficiency of Medbay has to be increased substantially to compensate for this massive loss of battlefield healing capability.