CM Speedrun leaderboards!

Generic, on-topic discussion about Colonial Marines.
TehSpoderman
Byond ID: TehSpoderman

CM Speedrun leaderboards!

Post by TehSpoderman » 10 Jan 2018, 23:10

This is the speedrun categories I made up for CM! I really enjoy speedrunning. Though I never really speedran a game that went for over an hour, I still see why people speedrun games. Its addictive. So I decided to make some categories and leaderboards for CM.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the general rules.

You must screenshot both your in-game client and your timer in the same screenshot as proof you did this time. Recording is also an option. I may even start a youtube channel with recordings of speedruns.

You could only observe the round. The reason for this is that it is going to be hard for you to do this as either marine or Xeno without observing the round.

If two players have timed the same round, the first person to post in the topic gets to keep the time.

If you want to create a new speedrun category like Power% (Time until power is up), you have to manage the times on your own. I will only keep track of Any% (Finishing the round as fast as possible without any restrictions.) If I have to track every category, its going to be extremely hard for me.

No restrictions on "splits". For those uneducated, splits "are arbitrary points chosen along a well-defined and pre-planned route in order to compare runs against each other, and also refer to the times runners get at each of those points. So players can check their splits against other splits when they reach a split, and optionally spli... segment their run." (totally didnt rip it off of a reddit post). Here is an example of splits, https://gyazo.com/3ec6ba7ffcc4e04261bd25079c28ea5b (Explorers of Darkness most underrated game of all time btw). You could do as many as you want or you could do none.

(NOTE: These rules are some that I came up on the spot. They could change in due time as I come up with more rules or decide to remove some rules.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANY% SPECIFIC RULES

Timer begins when the round starts and ends when the end round message appears.

No real restrictions. I might come up with some as time goes on, however.

ICE COLONY SPECIFIC LEADER-BOARD

1st - TehSpoderman - 1:56:42 Proof: https://gyazo.com/48d1889a30cdd007fc4fbcd72be27a9e (I know the rules say to screenshot the timer and the game, but I didnt really get this idea until after I did the time. Power Up was skipped because charlie got fukked this round and didnt get engis to fix power.)

2nd - None

3rd - None

LV SPECIFIC LEADER-BOARD

No runs submitted yet!

BIG RED SPECIFIC LEADER-BOARD

1st. - Robotic Potato - 0:34:00 Proof: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... c80ef5.png

PRISON SPECIFIC LEADER-BOARD

No runs submitted yet!

Before someone asks, I came up with this idea to not only have a bit of competition, but to also give people an idea on why people love speedrunning so much and why they keep doing it. Yes, SS13 is not the most optimal speedrun game, but I want people to give it a shot at the very least! If you really want to speedrun a game, speedrun a game you LOVE and are willing to keep playing the game.

A good speedrun software I would recommend for beginners is LiveSplit. Its free and its beginner friendly! You can also personalize it to your liking such as adding graphs and a video of your PB (Personal Best) as you speedrun the game. Happy speedrunning, lads!
Last edited by TehSpoderman on 15 Jan 2018, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
Duke 'Oddshot' Stroh - The Bamboozler
Mentor: June 5th - September 1st
Check out my mapping dumping grounds: http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtop ... 14&t=14204 . It's where people share their mapping projects and ask for feedback. Check it out pls <3

TopHatPenguin
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Byond ID: TopHatPenguin

Re: CM Speedrun leaderboards!

Post by TopHatPenguin » 11 Jan 2018, 13:06

Is there a quickest death upon joining? because I'll take that if there is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHXkuSaIlNQ

Robotic Potato
Byond ID: Robotic Potato

Post by Robotic Potato » 11 Jan 2018, 13:51

I win.

Jroinc1
Byond ID: Jroinc1

Post by Jroinc1 » 14 Jan 2018, 09:40

Robotic Potato wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 13:51
I win.
wat.

How?

I've seen a 9 hour round, and 45 min rounds, but never one THAT short.
Mentor-
3 Nov 16-15 Jan 17

Atmos bombs built- 16
Hull breaches repaired- 6
Charged SMs manually dragged to space- 2
Backup tcomms systems set- 4
SM de-lamination weapons detonated- 0
Times I've burned half the ship to a crisp- 5
Times I've burned half the ship to a crisp ACCIDENTALLY- 2
Engine SMs de-laminated on my watch- 0

Upper deck engines made-1
Lower deck engines made-1