Request a Nickname!

Generic, on-topic discussion about Colonial Marines.
User avatar
SovietKitty
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 22
Joined: 13 May 2016, 18:10

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby SovietKitty » 01 Jun 2016, 14:23

IN-Game Character Name: Zoey Lisile
Favored Role/Position: Survivor -> MP -> Engineer -> Medic.
Favored Weapon: M4A3 Service Pistol
Character Description: Well, Zoey's got unnaturally dyed hair somewhere in the cyan gradient, just a little below average height at 5'3-4" Personality wise she ranges from a shellshocked survivor just happy to see marines. A dutiful medic, making her priority the squad and them getting home on their feet. A competent engineer with a sarcastic attitude and a bit of dark humor thrown in to deal with the general horribleness of ayylumz. And finally a tough, but fair MP. Not willing to compromise on a broken law, but willing to be lenient and fair to a complying / justified marine.
Unique Character Abilities: I guess an ability to know when it's time to give up a losing battle and cut losses.
User avatar
Dyne
Registered user
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Jul 2015, 02:49

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Dyne » 01 Jun 2016, 15:18

SovietKitty wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Zoey Lisile
Favored Role/Position: Survivor -> MP -> Engineer -> Medic.
Favored Weapon: M4A3 Service Pistol
Character Description: Well, Zoey's got unnaturally dyed hair somewhere in the cyan gradient, just a little below average height at 5'3-4" Personality wise she ranges from a shellshocked survivor just happy to see marines. A dutiful medic, making her priority the squad and them getting home on their feet. A competent engineer with a sarcastic attitude and a bit of dark humor thrown in to deal with the general horribleness of ayylumz. And finally a tough, but fair MP. Not willing to compromise on a broken law, but willing to be lenient and fair to a complying / justified marine.
Unique Character Abilities: I guess an ability to know when it's time to give up a losing battle and cut losses.

'Lex'
Natalie 'Snow-Cries-a-lot' Reyes
User avatar
SovietKitty
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 22
Joined: 13 May 2016, 18:10

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby SovietKitty » 01 Jun 2016, 15:26

Dyne wrote:
SovietKitty wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Zoey Lisile
Favored Role/Position: Survivor -> MP -> Engineer -> Medic.
Favored Weapon: M4A3 Service Pistol
Character Description: Well, Zoey's got unnaturally dyed hair somewhere in the cyan gradient, just a little below average height at 5'3-4" Personality wise she ranges from a shellshocked survivor just happy to see marines. A dutiful medic, making her priority the squad and them getting home on their feet. A competent engineer with a sarcastic attitude and a bit of dark humor thrown in to deal with the general horribleness of ayylumz. And finally a tough, but fair MP. Not willing to compromise on a broken law, but willing to be lenient and fair to a complying / justified marine.
Unique Character Abilities: I guess an ability to know when it's time to give up a losing battle and cut losses.

'Lex'

Lex!? Why Lex? gibb reasoning.

Also far from the worst nickname, and I kinda like it.
User avatar
LordLoko
Registered user
Posts: 744
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 13:35

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby LordLoko » 01 Jun 2016, 15:52

SovietKitty wrote:
Dyne wrote:
SovietKitty wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Zoey Lisile
Favored Role/Position: Survivor -> MP -> Engineer -> Medic.
Favored Weapon: M4A3 Service Pistol
Character Description: Well, Zoey's got unnaturally dyed hair somewhere in the cyan gradient, just a little below average height at 5'3-4" Personality wise she ranges from a shellshocked survivor just happy to see marines. A dutiful medic, making her priority the squad and them getting home on their feet. A competent engineer with a sarcastic attitude and a bit of dark humor thrown in to deal with the general horribleness of ayylumz. And finally a tough, but fair MP. Not willing to compromise on a broken law, but willing to be lenient and fair to a complying / justified marine.
Unique Character Abilities: I guess an ability to know when it's time to give up a losing battle and cut losses.

'Lex'

Lex!? Why Lex? gibb reasoning.

Also far from the worst nickname, and I kinda like it.


Lex meas law in latin

Dura lex, sed lex
My name is Ulysses Skyfall, but people call me "Meat".
Check out my dossier page

Image
User avatar
Dyne
Registered user
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Jul 2015, 02:49

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Dyne » 01 Jun 2016, 16:57

LordLoko wrote:
SovietKitty wrote:
Dyne wrote:
SovietKitty wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Zoey Lisile
Favored Role/Position: Survivor -> MP -> Engineer -> Medic.
Favored Weapon: M4A3 Service Pistol
Character Description: Well, Zoey's got unnaturally dyed hair somewhere in the cyan gradient, just a little below average height at 5'3-4" Personality wise she ranges from a shellshocked survivor just happy to see marines. A dutiful medic, making her priority the squad and them getting home on their feet. A competent engineer with a sarcastic attitude and a bit of dark humor thrown in to deal with the general horribleness of ayylumz. And finally a tough, but fair MP. Not willing to compromise on a broken law, but willing to be lenient and fair to a complying / justified marine.
Unique Character Abilities: I guess an ability to know when it's time to give up a losing battle and cut losses.

'Lex'

Lex!? Why Lex? gibb reasoning.

Also far from the worst nickname, and I kinda like it.


Lex means law in latin

Dura lex, sed lex

/\
Natalie 'Snow-Cries-a-lot' Reyes
User avatar
Carprillo
Registered user
Posts: 63
Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 22:49
Location: City 17

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Carprillo » 01 Jun 2016, 17:14

Character Name: Arch Iloman.
Favored Role/Position: Corporate Liasion.
Favored Weapon: Lawsuits.
Character Description: Arch is probably the snarkiest ambulance chaser in the galaxy, and he has no qualms with admitting it. He has medium-length blonde hair kept in a ponytail and has a slight stubble. The nightmare of any CO who cocks up in the slightest. Generally a prick.
Unique Character Abilities: Oddly proficient (relatively speaking) with a pistol, and is more than capable (and willing) to turn people against "incompetent" staff, even if it's just for a quick chuckle. Oh, and he was also somehow able to get a job at Weyland-Yutani with this behavior, which is a superpower in of itself, apparently.
"I will not fight you."
"You have...no choice."
"I'll stand beside you."
"I stand alone."
"YOU'RE STILL THEIR HERO!"
...
"Then THEY...are FOOLS."
...
"THIS CANNOT BE THE ONLY WAY!"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzwNmDVqdUA
We are the dead.
User avatar
Dyne
Registered user
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Jul 2015, 02:49

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Dyne » 01 Jun 2016, 17:37

Carprillo wrote:Character Name: Arch Iloman.
Favored Role/Position: Corporate Liasion.
Favored Weapon: Lawsuits.
Character Description: Arch is probably the snarkiest ambulance chaser in the galaxy, and he has no qualms with admitting it. He has medium-length blonde hair kept in a ponytail and has a slight stubble. The nightmare of any CO who cocks up in the slightest. Generally a prick.
Unique Character Abilities: Oddly proficient (relatively speaking) with a pistol, and is more than capable (and willing) to turn people against "incompetent" staff, even if it's just for a quick chuckle. Oh, and he was also somehow able to get a job at Weyland-Yutani with this behavior, which is a superpower in of itself, apparently.

'Charm'
Natalie 'Snow-Cries-a-lot' Reyes
User avatar
Carprillo
Registered user
Posts: 63
Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 22:49
Location: City 17

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Carprillo » 01 Jun 2016, 17:39

Dyne wrote:
Carprillo wrote: -snipped harder than cutman-

'Charm'


ok

but

what
"I will not fight you."
"You have...no choice."
"I'll stand beside you."
"I stand alone."
"YOU'RE STILL THEIR HERO!"
...
"Then THEY...are FOOLS."
...
"THIS CANNOT BE THE ONLY WAY!"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzwNmDVqdUA
We are the dead.
User avatar
Dyne
Registered user
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Jul 2015, 02:49

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Dyne » 01 Jun 2016, 17:42

Carprillo wrote:
Dyne wrote:
Carprillo wrote: -snipped harder than cutman-

'Charm'


ok

but

what

Charm...everything!
(Allusion to Prince Charming, joke on how he's really NOT a good person, etc-etc.)
Natalie 'Snow-Cries-a-lot' Reyes
User avatar
Carprillo
Registered user
Posts: 63
Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 22:49
Location: City 17

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Carprillo » 01 Jun 2016, 17:48

Dyne wrote: -snip-


Ah, alrighty.
"I will not fight you."
"You have...no choice."
"I'll stand beside you."
"I stand alone."
"YOU'RE STILL THEIR HERO!"
...
"Then THEY...are FOOLS."
...
"THIS CANNOT BE THE ONLY WAY!"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzwNmDVqdUA
We are the dead.
User avatar
Snypehunter007
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 869
Joined: 02 Dec 2015, 17:14
Location: Georgia
Byond ID: Snypehunter007

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Snypehunter007 » 04 Jun 2016, 21:41

IN-Game Character Name: Cameron Hyers
Favored Role/Position: Medic, Specialist, Doctor
Favored Weapon: MAR-40
Character Description: Hyers is an older, bitter marine who has been on several tours. Very easily agitated and straight to the point, he can't deal with incompetence and often cusses at others, even though he doesn't truly mean any harm. He has dark, spiked cyan hair, Elvis sideburns, and has robotic arms and legs.
Unique Character Abilities: Reliable loyal, Hyers often gets angered when someone falls out of line or doesn't contribute. Able to diagnose a person based on a glance of their report on a basic health scanner. Decent with rifles and pistols.
Image

But you know, I think the very best thing about friends, well the thing that most people forget about anyways, is that no matter how many friends you do lose, you can always make more. And, that's pretty neat. - Caboose RvB.
User avatar
Dyne
Registered user
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Jul 2015, 02:49

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Dyne » 06 Jun 2016, 10:06

Snypehunter007 wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Cameron Hyers
Favored Role/Position: Medic, Specialist, Doctor
Favored Weapon: MAR-40
Character Description: Hyers is an older, bitter marine who has been on several tours. Very easily agitated and straight to the point, he can't deal with incompetence and often cusses at others, even though he doesn't truly mean any harm. He has dark, spiked cyan hair, Elvis sideburns, and has robotic arms and legs.
Unique Character Abilities: Reliable loyal, Hyers often gets angered when someone falls out of line or doesn't contribute. Able to diagnose a person based on a glance of their report on a basic health scanner. Decent with rifles and pistols.

'Sugar'
Natalie 'Snow-Cries-a-lot' Reyes
User avatar
Snypehunter007
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 869
Joined: 02 Dec 2015, 17:14
Location: Georgia
Byond ID: Snypehunter007

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Snypehunter007 » 06 Jun 2016, 22:45

Dyne wrote:
Snypehunter007 wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Cameron Hyers
Favored Role/Position: Medic, Specialist, Doctor
Favored Weapon: MAR-40
Character Description: Hyers is an older, bitter marine who has been on several tours. Very easily agitated and straight to the point, he can't deal with incompetence and often cusses at others, even though he doesn't truly mean any harm. He has dark, spiked cyan hair, Elvis sideburns, and has robotic arms and legs.
Unique Character Abilities: Reliable loyal, Hyers often gets angered when someone falls out of line or doesn't contribute. Able to diagnose a person based on a glance of their report on a basic health scanner. Decent with rifles and pistols.

'Sugar'


Sugar? Why Sugar?
Image

But you know, I think the very best thing about friends, well the thing that most people forget about anyways, is that no matter how many friends you do lose, you can always make more. And, that's pretty neat. - Caboose RvB.
User avatar
Tristan63
Donor
Donor
Posts: 397
Joined: 16 Feb 2015, 20:33
Location: Some battlefield shooting cowards

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Tristan63 » 06 Jun 2016, 22:55

IN-Game Character Name: Benjamin Werry
Favored Role/Position: Executive Officer/Squad leader
Favored Weapon: VP-70
Character Description: I have a hate-all kind of attitude outside some friends that I have established. I also tend to go around micromanaging people and if I see someone doing their job wrong, correcting them.
Unique Character Abilities: "Fuck your shit im right" This ability disables all enemie cards for 2 turns, and also removes one monster card of the casters choice
User avatar
MauroVega
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 517
Joined: 24 Apr 2015, 16:28
Location: Argentina
Byond ID: MauroVega
Contact:

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby MauroVega » 07 Jun 2016, 16:41

Tristan63 wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Benjamin Werry
Favored Role/Position: Executive Officer/Squad leader
Favored Weapon: VP-70
Character Description: I have a hate-all kind of attitude outside some friends that I have established. I also tend to go around micromanaging people and if I see someone doing their job wrong, correcting them.
Unique Character Abilities: "Fuck your shit im right" This ability disables all enemie cards for 2 turns, and also removes one monster card of the casters choice


Commisar
► Show Spoiler

Pity the man who has demons,Fear the man who learned to use them,Run from the man who uses them with his Brothers
Image
User avatar
LordLoko
Registered user
Posts: 744
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 13:35

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby LordLoko » 07 Jun 2016, 17:57

Tristan63 wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Benjamin Werry
Favored Role/Position: Executive Officer/Squad leader
Favored Weapon: VP-70
Character Description: I have a hate-all kind of attitude outside some friends that I have established. I also tend to go around micromanaging people and if I see someone doing their job wrong, correcting them.
Unique Character Abilities: "Fuck your shit im right" This ability disables all enemie cards for 2 turns, and also removes one monster card of the casters choice


Loose, from "Loose cannon"
My name is Ulysses Skyfall, but people call me "Meat".
Check out my dossier page

Image
User avatar
Dyne
Registered user
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Jul 2015, 02:49

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Dyne » 08 Jun 2016, 13:16

Snypehunter007 wrote:
Dyne wrote:
Snypehunter007 wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Cameron Hyers
Favored Role/Position: Medic, Specialist, Doctor
Favored Weapon: MAR-40
Character Description: Hyers is an older, bitter marine who has been on several tours. Very easily agitated and straight to the point, he can't deal with incompetence and often cusses at others, even though he doesn't truly mean any harm. He has dark, spiked cyan hair, Elvis sideburns, and has robotic arms and legs.
Unique Character Abilities: Reliable loyal, Hyers often gets angered when someone falls out of line or doesn't contribute. Able to diagnose a person based on a glance of their report on a basic health scanner. Decent with rifles and pistols.

'Sugar'


Sugar? Why Sugar?

Because old and bitter, and easily angered.
Natalie 'Snow-Cries-a-lot' Reyes
User avatar
Snypehunter007
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 869
Joined: 02 Dec 2015, 17:14
Location: Georgia
Byond ID: Snypehunter007

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Snypehunter007 » 08 Jun 2016, 16:06

Dyne wrote:
Snypehunter007 wrote:
Dyne wrote:
Snypehunter007 wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Cameron Hyers
Favored Role/Position: Medic, Specialist, Doctor
Favored Weapon: MAR-40
Character Description: Hyers is an older, bitter marine who has been on several tours. Very easily agitated and straight to the point, he can't deal with incompetence and often cusses at others, even though he doesn't truly mean any harm. He has dark, spiked cyan hair, Elvis sideburns, and has robotic arms and legs.
Unique Character Abilities: Reliable loyal, Hyers often gets angered when someone falls out of line or doesn't contribute. Able to diagnose a person based on a glance of their report on a basic health scanner. Decent with rifles and pistols.

'Sugar'


Sugar? Why Sugar?

Because old and bitter, and easily angered.


So, its supposed to be the opposite?
Image

But you know, I think the very best thing about friends, well the thing that most people forget about anyways, is that no matter how many friends you do lose, you can always make more. And, that's pretty neat. - Caboose RvB.
User avatar
Joe4444
Registered user
Posts: 516
Joined: 14 Feb 2015, 08:00
Location: land of the sheep

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Joe4444 » 08 Jun 2016, 16:14

IN-Game Character Name:Joe Kent
Favored Role/Position:Sl/spc
Favored Weapon:M41A
Character Description:Joe's THAT guy...he's knows his way around a gun sure. Anything outside of that is a little...difficult
Unique Character Abilities:Headshot:Deal 5000 damage to any nearby allies. Stuns all enemies for 5 turns as they laugh at the stupid enemy team


I wonder how this will turn out...
User avatar
LordLoko
Registered user
Posts: 744
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 13:35

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby LordLoko » 08 Jun 2016, 17:35

Snypehunter007 wrote:
Dyne wrote:
Snypehunter007 wrote:
Dyne wrote:
Snypehunter007 wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Cameron Hyers
Favored Role/Position: Medic, Specialist, Doctor
Favored Weapon: MAR-40
Character Description: Hyers is an older, bitter marine who has been on several tours. Very easily agitated and straight to the point, he can't deal with incompetence and often cusses at others, even though he doesn't truly mean any harm. He has dark, spiked cyan hair, Elvis sideburns, and has robotic arms and legs.
Unique Character Abilities: Reliable loyal, Hyers often gets angered when someone falls out of line or doesn't contribute. Able to diagnose a person based on a glance of their report on a basic health scanner. Decent with rifles and pistols.

'Sugar'


Sugar? Why Sugar?

Because old and bitter, and easily angered.


So, its supposed to be the opposite?


Nicknames are supposed to ridicule you, not make you badasser.
My name is Ulysses Skyfall, but people call me "Meat".
Check out my dossier page

Image
User avatar
Dyne
Registered user
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Jul 2015, 02:49

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Dyne » 09 Jun 2016, 12:42

Joe4444 wrote:IN-Game Character Name:Joe Kent
Favored Role/Position:Sl/spc
Favored Weapon:M41A
Character Description:Joe's THAT guy...he's knows his way around a gun sure. Anything outside of that is a little...difficult
Unique Character Abilities:Headshot:Deal 5000 damage to any nearby allies. Stuns all enemies for 5 turns as they laugh at the stupid enemy team


I wonder how this will turn out...

Joe 'Safe' Kent
Natalie 'Snow-Cries-a-lot' Reyes
User avatar
LordLoko
Registered user
Posts: 744
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 13:35

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby LordLoko » 09 Jun 2016, 13:08

Joe4444 wrote:IN-Game Character Name:Joe Kent
Favored Role/Position:Sl/spc
Favored Weapon:M41A
Character Description:Joe's THAT guy...he's knows his way around a gun sure. Anything outside of that is a little...difficult
Unique Character Abilities:Headshot:Deal 5000 damage to any nearby allies. Stuns all enemies for 5 turns as they laugh at the stupid enemy team


I wonder how this will turn out...


"Lock"
My name is Ulysses Skyfall, but people call me "Meat".
Check out my dossier page

Image
User avatar
monkeysfist101
Registered user
Posts: 737
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 22:43
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby monkeysfist101 » 10 Jun 2016, 00:02

Tristan63 wrote:IN-Game Character Name: Benjamin Werry
Favored Role/Position: Executive Officer/Squad leader
Favored Weapon: VP-70
Character Description: I have a hate-all kind of attitude outside some friends that I have established. I also tend to go around micromanaging people and if I see someone doing their job wrong, correcting them.
Unique Character Abilities: "Fuck your shit im right" This ability disables all enemie cards for 2 turns, and also removes one monster card of the casters choice

Bucket
Resident canon stickler.
CM in a nutshell:
Image

"perscription_google" - CM code
User avatar
Desolane900
Donor
Donor
Posts: 554
Joined: 07 Aug 2015, 19:00
Location: Pain Train to Sad Town
Byond ID: desolane900
Contact:

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Desolane900 » 13 Jun 2016, 04:10

Still waiting on a legitimate nickname from this thread.
"At countless points in history, there are tales of men who laugh in the face of nightmares whilst entire civilizations weep. I enjoy being that man." - Saul Freytia

Image
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw7qW4meknY&t=30s
User avatar
Dyne
Registered user
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Jul 2015, 02:49

Re: Request a Nickname!

Postby Dyne » 13 Jun 2016, 04:37

Desolane900 wrote:Still waiting on a legitimate nickname from this thread.

You wont get one till your signature is less of a pill advertisement, love.
Natalie 'Snow-Cries-a-lot' Reyes

Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest