Permanent Ban

You probably deserved it.
Forum rules
  1. Be respectful at ALL TIMES. You may be angry about your ban, but you need to remain CALM AND COMPOSED.
  2. Do NOT post in an appeal, if you are not contributing as a witness. If you are going to post as a character witness (for or against), keep it simple and easy to read.
  3. Bans take at minimum, 24 hours to be investigated and processed. Avoid appealing for a 24 hour or less ban.
  4. If your appeal is denied, you cannot post another appeal for 30 days.
  5. For screenshots, we recommend using ShareX or Greenshot for instant uploads to imgur.com.
  6. Make sure the ban reason is EXACTLY what it says when you try to log in.
  7. Do not message staff about if we've gotten to your ban/appeal. It will result in AUTOMATIC denial. Don't message staff about bans outside of the forums.
Cheedows
Byond ID: Cheedows

Permanent Ban

Postby Cheedows » 16 Apr 2017, 00:24

Your Byond ID:
Cheedows
Character Name:
Don't remember
Type Of Ban (Job-ban, Timed Ban, Permaban):
Permaban I think?
Admin who banned you (if known):
Unknown
Total Ban Duration:
Unsure, I haven't played since last year and tried logging in to see that I was banned
Remaining Duration:
Permanent
What other servers do you play on?
Urist McStation
Are you now or have you been banned on any of them?
No
Reason for ban (If you have a Permaban, it should be the EXACT MESSAGE YOU GET WHEN YOU LOGIN with the Error code that looks like this: X##XXX##. If you do not provide this EXACTLY you can't be unbanned):
Banned by Host: L10JUN2015 - Threatening to DDoS the server. This isn't really a threat, because we rent a VPS from a data center, and have a FAIR amount of bandwidth, and DDoS protection through the company.
Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):

Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc):
I am absolutely certain that I never threatened to DDoS Colmar, while I have been spoken to staff it is just the usual scenarios ingame, but I don't even know how to DDoS a server and would not threaten a SS13 server with this. Additionally, the reason I haven't played for a few months was pretty much just me taking a break from Colmar, I wasn't banned or spoken to by an admin on my last round there. I'm just slightly surprised I've been permabanned for something I'm certain I didn't do.
apophis775
Host
Host
Byond ID: Apophis775

Re: Permanent Ban

Postby apophis775 » 16 Apr 2017, 00:26

Do you use a Mac?
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine
Cheedows

Postby Cheedows » 16 Apr 2017, 01:16

Nope, I do not own a Mac.
Snypehunter007
Byond ID: Snypehunter007

Postby Snypehunter007 » 16 Apr 2017, 17:21

Edit: Have you ever heard of the name "DrEVOPVP", hm?
My wiafu: https://gyazo.com/c55bec44186ea5a49909c1205c19c005

But you know, I think the very best thing about friends, well the thing that most people forget about anyways, is that no matter how many friends you do lose, you can always make more. And, that's pretty neat. - Caboose RvB.

Reached "Leet" post status on 3/14/17.
Cheedows

Postby Cheedows » 16 Apr 2017, 18:18

Not really no, doesn't seem familiar.
slc97
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Postby slc97 » 21 Apr 2017, 09:45

You're lying
Snypehunter007
Byond ID: Snypehunter007

Postby Snypehunter007 » 21 Apr 2017, 10:01

Cheedows wrote:Not really no, doesn't seem familiar.

Really? How about:

Fiven?
ItsMeDeath?
My wiafu: https://gyazo.com/c55bec44186ea5a49909c1205c19c005

But you know, I think the very best thing about friends, well the thing that most people forget about anyways, is that no matter how many friends you do lose, you can always make more. And, that's pretty neat. - Caboose RvB.

Reached "Leet" post status on 3/14/17.
Cheedows

Postby Cheedows » 21 Apr 2017, 16:04

I'm not lying I don't have any alternative accounts, if you wish you may even ask the admins over at the Baystation 12 forums. My current issue is basically, for some reason I'm banned on every single server on the hub, some of these servers I never even played before. For whatever reason I believe the griefer "asskek" and his various alternative accounts have the exact same IP as me. It's honestly bizarre and I can understand your disbelief, however if you wish I can even get the administration at Urist McStation to confirm that I am indeed a different person than these people.
Feweh
Manager
Manager
Byond ID: Feweh

Postby Feweh » 21 Apr 2017, 16:07

Cheedows wrote:I'm not lying I don't have any alternative accounts, if you wish you may even ask the admins over at the Baystation 12 forums. My current issue is basically, for some reason I'm banned on every single server on the hub, some of these servers I never even played before. For whatever reason I believe the griefer "asskek" and his various alternative accounts have the exact same IP as me. It's honestly bizarre and I can understand your disbelief, however if you wish I can even get the administration at Urist McStation to confirm that I am indeed a different person than these people.

You're directly linked to a very well known shitler who has tried this in the past.
You could just be a casualty of this issue, you could not be.. but we aren't going to risk it.

Edit: After the request of a fellow staff I've reopened this for further investigating.
Jerkface00
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Postby Jerkface00 » 21 Apr 2017, 19:09

apophis775
Host
Host
Byond ID: Apophis775

Postby apophis775 » 22 Apr 2017, 01:56

Lifted. I'm, not sure what you had in common with Asskek though. let me know if the ban re-posts.

EDIT: It "Should" be fine in the future, I've whitelisted you against further auto-bans associated with the accounts you triggered the ban on.
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

Return to “Ban Appeals”