Wiki Updates and Additions.

Discussions and suggestions regarding the Wiki.
TopHatPenguin
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Byond ID: TopHatPenguin

Re: Wiki Updates and Additions.

Post by TopHatPenguin » 10 Jun 2017, 09:19

DrPng wrote:Ok, I created an account and edited the runners, carrier and crusher page myself. It now accurately represents the new information. I'll try to find a few more outdated pieces of information.
Much obliged, chief.

TopHatPenguin
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by TopHatPenguin » 10 Jun 2017, 09:24

General wiki announcement:

There is now a #wiki-work channel on the Cm discord, so it's a lot easier to co-ordinate edits as well as post any pages which you think need updating.

TopHatPenguin
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by TopHatPenguin » 23 Jun 2017, 08:07

General wiki announcement:

There is now a @Wiki Contributor role on the Cm discord, this role is to make it easier for others to ping players who update the wiki frequently and hopefully it'll allow for faster responses.

If you're interested in having this role just ask in #permissions-requests on the cm discord.

Molly Mirrions
Byond ID: Boon Yoon

Post by Molly Mirrions » 26 Jun 2017, 19:11

A small thing, but the last paragraph of "The Universe Today" in the lore section has an error: "Though taken lightly at first, the skinning and beheading of two Colonial Marshals by a crowd waving a SC banner have led the USCM to elevate their threat level to BRAVO."

SC should be FC, so it should read "...by a crowd waving an FC banner..."

TopHatPenguin
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by TopHatPenguin » 26 Jun 2017, 23:10

Molly Mirrions wrote:A small thing, but the last paragraph of "The Universe Today" in the lore section has an error: "Though taken lightly at first, the skinning and beheading of two Colonial Marshals by a crowd waving a SC banner have led the USCM to elevate their threat level to BRAVO."

SC should be FC, so it should read "...by a crowd waving an FC banner..."
Fixed.

Thucydides
Byond ID: Lokiusus

Post by Thucydides » 27 Jul 2017, 19:43

So this is a super small difference, that I'd bet 99.9% of the community doesn't give a shit about, but it's been bugging me enough to want to mention it. Every time a USCM Admiral or WY exec comes aboard, everyone runs around screaming that they have "diplomatic immunity" and are exempt from the law. This obviously comes from the Marine Law page, where it's said that WY has Diplomatic Immunity and High Command personnel have "emergency powers."

Well -- not really. Diplomatic immunity is given to diplomatic representatives from a foreign country, operating on behalf of that government. Example dictionary definition.

On the other hand, "corporate immunity" is probably a more fitting concept, which describes the personal immunity of corporate officials from laws when acting on behalf of the corporation. Example dictionary definition. WY may be a British/Japanese conglomerate, but it's agents represent the company rather than the nations themselves.

The USCM High Command personnel "emergency powers" is fine. But more accurate would be "sovereign immunity," where the officers of the High Command are protected from suit as the state has deemed them immune from all legal action. Example definition.

This is probably the most autist thing ever posted, but if I watch marines start screaming about "diplomatic immunity" again my nose is going to start bleeding.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elijah 'Shrimp' Hunt

TopHatPenguin
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by TopHatPenguin » 29 Jul 2017, 12:56

Thucydides wrote:So this is a super small difference, that I'd bet 99.9% of the community doesn't give a shit about, but it's been bugging me enough to want to mention it. Every time a USCM Admiral or WY exec comes aboard, everyone runs around screaming that they have "diplomatic immunity" and are exempt from the law. This obviously comes from the Marine Law page, where it's said that WY has Diplomatic Immunity and High Command personnel have "emergency powers."

Well -- not really. Diplomatic immunity is given to diplomatic representatives from a foreign country, operating on behalf of that government. Example dictionary definition.

On the other hand, "corporate immunity" is probably a more fitting concept, which describes the personal immunity of corporate officials from laws when acting on behalf of the corporation. Example dictionary definition. WY may be a British/Japanese conglomerate, but it's agents represent the company rather than the nations themselves.

The USCM High Command personnel "emergency powers" is fine. But more accurate would be "sovereign immunity," where the officers of the High Command are protected from suit as the state has deemed them immune from all legal action. Example definition.

This is probably the most autist thing ever posted, but if I watch marines start screaming about "diplomatic immunity" again my nose is going to start bleeding.
Thanks for letting us know, I believe the higher ups are looking into this now.

taketheshot56
Byond ID: taketheshot56

Post by taketheshot56 » 02 Aug 2017, 00:46

Add a charge where MPs committing a crime be given double time, just like officers.
There's nothing like waiting two hours in death screen before becoming an Iron Bear only to have one of your squaddies FF you in the shuttle killing half the team before we dock. Image

TopHatPenguin
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by TopHatPenguin » 02 Aug 2017, 03:48

taketheshot56 wrote:Add a charge where MPs committing a crime be given double time, just like officers.
Marine Law and it's procedures can only be edited/changed by Apop/Rahl so that may or may not happen.

Tylaaaaar

Post by Tylaaaaar » 05 Aug 2017, 12:52

taketheshot56 wrote:Add a charge where MPs committing a crime be given double time, just like officers.
If I'm correct MP's are classed as officers so I think this rule is already applied.
That guy who plays as Roberto Conrad.

I am R O B U S T

Bobalobdob
Byond ID: bobalobdob
Steam: Bobalobdob

Post by Bobalobdob » 29 Sep 2017, 14:14

The Xeno Autopsy section pretty please
"I'm generally against murder, but I wouldn't exactly call communists people, so it's alright." -Edmund 'Kraut' Faust

Edmund 'Kraut' Faust. Time traveling, dimension jumping, commie hating, thot destroying, ex-Nazi soldier, who happened to jump right into to a USCM recruitment center after escaping a Soviet Russia labor camp in 3257 BC in dimension Beta-Proxima342

edmund is secretly a snowflake sssshhhh

TopHatPenguin
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by TopHatPenguin » 01 Oct 2017, 03:45

Bobalobdob wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 14:14
The Xeno Autopsy section pretty please

You can't perform a xeno autopsy currently without a "Weyland Brand Automatic Autopsy System" of which as far as I'm aware wasn't re-added to the game, so in short you can't currently.

If it gets re-added, sure.

If you're wanting just a normal autopsy guide though, that can be found here.

Hulkamania
Byond ID: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » 02 Oct 2017, 17:28

I think there's placeholders already, but information on the new order abilities would be great!
I play Mack Lewis!

TopHatPenguin
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by TopHatPenguin » 03 Oct 2017, 07:29

Hulkamania wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 17:28
I think there's placeholders already, but information on the new order abilities would be great!
If you're meaning the "orders" ability, that'll hopefully be done by later today/tomorrow.