First Time Queen

Our lives for the Queen!
NotADoctor
Byond: Doctor.Doolittle

Re: First Time Queen

Post by NotADoctor » 30 Dec 2017, 02:41

I became queen despite my reservations after the 2nd queen had died. I told the hive to rally at the table fort, which I had though was abandoned by the marines. It was not. I decided that it would be a great idea to try out the screech, which would allow us to quickly take the tablefort before the marines could properly fortify it again. I forgot to actually activate the ability. My reign lasted a little over a minute.

kooarbiter
Byond: kooarbiter

Post by kooarbiter » 01 Jan 2018, 23:57

TBH the queen should be able to see through the eyes of every xeno, make screech less viable and give the queen an egg sac that makes her immobile but able to produce a metric fuck ton of eggs, I think this would balance things
The Acolyte of Salt, Jack "pent" Sugar, if I kill you with a pulse rifle it's an accident, if I kill you with quick clot It's on purpose

AverageSpitter
Byond: TotallyNotAWizard

Post by AverageSpitter » 13 Feb 2018, 11:58

My first round queen was at Ice, i was a roundstart queen, did the usual shit, tried to ovi as soon as possible, and started watching my children, Eventually i decided to move to dorms, it all was going good, but in all my retardedness i decided to start charging down to bar, i was doing pretty good, at some point i fucking charged alone, got nade spammed and died

Lukey111
Mentor
Mentor
Byond: Lukey111

Post by Lukey111 » 13 Feb 2018, 13:36

My first time queen was awhile back.

I was a normal chestburster in the Almayer, on prison station. I became a drone, only drone, with Xenos having only 5 or so. Queen died so I had to go queen. I forgot they let out a screech when they scream, so everyone found me in maints and screamed WAY to early and got one slash in. Noice. (If you couldn't tell, I died a horrible death :D)
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams

Kasius
Byond: Fenixflames

Post by Kasius » 13 Feb 2018, 13:53

The first time I became queen. we steamrolled the Marines on LV-624.

I didn't have to do very much fortunately because I lucked out and had a very competent Crusher and Ravager to lead the T1s and T2s to battle. Flanking, capturing hosts and all that fun stuff.

All I had to do was heal and give plasma and look at their surroundings for them in Queen-O-Vision.

At the end of the day, a successful round is a hit or miss. Don't let one or two bad ones discourage you from enjoying a very fun and rewarding role.
Kasius 'Kingsman' Kayne

"You're not allowed to die, Marine. That's an order."

Executive Officer / Staff Officer / Squad Leader

Cobraman202
Byond: Cobraman
Steam: Cobraman202

Post by Cobraman202 » 13 Feb 2018, 19:49

Queen can be a very fun and rewarding role, providing that the team works together. If you have your ovulator, make sure to always emit pheromones and stay in queen view. I played my first two queen rounds in a while back to back and its a role I look forward to playing again.
It's always rainy on Ferenginar.
Formerly: Maynard Quinn, now Aden McClymonds and sometimes a random