The general concept of point-men is basically an edited copy of the real life idea of taking point.
- Bring a weapon that is easy to prepare and quick to fire.
- Shoot and suppress at targets you have a clear shot at.
- Be prepared to call out targets on General Comms and Squad Comms.
Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Reduce the amount of ammunition magazines you drop. If there's a lull in the battle and you're fine, take the time to pick up your empty magazines.
- Reuse any partially-used magazines if your inventory is full of empties.
- Recycle your magazines at the Marine vendors, or at Cargo if you managed to hold onto special ammo.
United we stand, divided we fall.
The simply put, spreading out as a squad or group. Recommend spacing is 3-5 tiles.
- Larger light coverage.
- Decreased likelihood of being affected by a AOE attack or Ravager charge.
- Ability for marines to cover the area with more fire - and in correlation be able to cover downed marines.
- Friendly fire likelihood increased.
- Increased likelihood of being picked off.
- Without throw-able/disposable light sources, marines in front risk being injured or picked off.