Ultimate badasses.
Jenner
Byond: JennerH
Steam: Chocolate Thunder

Re: Background Characters

Post by Jenner » 12 Feb 2018, 03:41

Rio wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 00:53
Everyone ends up being a background character when the thirsting over Valentina Garilovich starts.
Just throwing it out there, I was thirsting over Garilovich before it was cool
Madison 'Spicey' Delaney

Beware the SPICE

ColdSuit
Byond: ColdSuit
Steam: ColdSuit101

Post by ColdSuit » 12 Feb 2018, 15:29

Being a background character is fun. I am not a particularly interesting person. In fact, my only real fame was being the last marine on the Almayer, and a few minor last stands. Other than that, I am just a guy. An average man who stands in the face of unspeakable horrors with only his armor and rifle at his side. TLDR: we are all Imperial Guardsmen, the redshirts of CM.
"Huh, would you look at that... We are screwed yet again."
Plays as Phil "Termite" Smith

You can give a smartgun to every marine, and they would still find a way to FF with it.

Rikman
Byond: DrDoctor1

Post by Rikman » 13 Feb 2018, 14:24

I definetly have a backround character, im hardly noticed in a sea of hundreds.
“Here is the wild Homo Sapien hunting its prey. The humanoids are pack hunters, using their shoddy armor as a pitiful defense against the towering Insecta. The human is quickly downed by the Insecta’s powerful slash. But, sheer numbers of humanoids rampage the abuser and Insecta is eventually burned to death, beaten, and dismembered.”

Manley “The Man” Dawkins

“Hey uh... can I get 2 nades, one with flames, and a number QF large, uh... a BC with no charger, and a suppressor with extra suppression.”

Omicega
Mentor
Mentor
Byond: Omicega

Post by Omicega » 15 Feb 2018, 10:46

I wrote a long, long post about this sort of thing a couple of years ago on another website.

Basically, it's the normal characters that are made interesting by their players who end up truly captivating, even if they're "background characters" to begin with. You can get a lot further with a brown-haired, bog-standard marine named something like Emma Johnson than you can with a pink/purple-haired special snowflake called Neveah 'Reaper' Justice. If you are shit at characterising yourself or otherwise working a personality into your gameplay, it'll show up no matter how much effort you put into character setup.

Then again, a lot of the stuff I wrote the initial rant about doesn't apply here on CM, as people are forced more rigidly into their assigned roles and the roleplay here is round-based rather than persistent.

I play Alicia Parker, Sara Khansari, and a couple of others.

ValGarilovich
Byond: Durst22

Post by ValGarilovich » 15 Feb 2018, 11:58

Rio wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 00:53
Everyone ends up being a background character when the thirsting over Valentina Garilovich starts.
I'm flattered, but yeah everyone has moments where they are r o b u s t, and moments where they spend the whole round in the engine room (or brig)

What matters is that YOU enjoy yourself, don't worry about what other people think.
Valentina Garilovich
'Friendly Fire'
'Cat'

<3 Muffins, Cookie, and Coffee

ghostdex
Mentor
Mentor
Byond: Ghostdex

Post by ghostdex » 15 Feb 2018, 12:21

TheDonkified wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 03:58
Being a background character or main character is relative. It's all based on whose telling the story.
This is the best way to phrase it, whoevers playing can decide who’s who, including the main character minus the plot armor
John 'Fixer' Donable
Kara Walsh
Kjuhte Luar-ke
Operative Delta
Something a bit funny: http://i.imgur.com/lKfpvwd.png
The story of Operative Delta: https://imgur.com/Go3VIhs https://imgur.com/4K8AqdA