Synthetics, or "artificial persons", are the next stage of robotic aptitude. They are strong, fast, tough, intelligent, immune to disease, compliant, and bereft of the moral and intellectual inadequacies of their living counterparts. So, too, are they a fearsome foe should they malfunction or be given malevolent directives. For this reason, they are programmed with the inability to comprehend advanced weapons such as firearms. As such, a synthetic is able to defend itself or another innocent, but unable to functionally use deadly weapons while doing so.
This security protocol has been established by Weyland-Yutani, who always seeks to further humanity's goal of peace and prosperity by building better worlds without any alternate agenda.*
Synthetics are not weighed down by emotions like humans can be. Though they are able to show emotions such as fear, sadness, and anger, these are only on the surface and never affect the decision-making process. They never need to eat, sleep, or complain, and they will never disobey unless, of course, the order does not comply with Marine Law. This ensures that your synthetic will always be prepared to do the job it is ordered better and faster than any human worker.
In order to apply for your own synthetic masterpiece, please adhere to the following:
- Familiarize yourself with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines
- Your forum account must be at least 1 month old before submitting an app.
- You will only have 1 hour after submitting an application to make any edits, then you'll be locked out.
- Pre-existing names from the books/movies are forbidden.
- To be accepted, at least a Head Staff or Seniors must +1 your application.
- If you are denied, you may not reapply for 2 months from date of denial