Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Locked
User avatar
JennerH
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 449
Joined: 26 Oct 2017, 13:12
Byond: JennerH
Steam: Chocolate Thunder

Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by JennerH » 10 Feb 2018, 03:09

Byond ID:
JennerH

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here):
Madison 'Spicey' Delaney

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you’re requesting to use (Follows common naming rules, and requires a first name with no last name):
Harper

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=14417)?
yes

Synthetic Character Story (An ADEQUATE description and story of your Synthetics actions and involvement in a previous mission onboard the Almayer):
► Show Spoiler
How do you intend to play your Synth (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your Synth and what support roles you’ll mainly focus on, what is your synthetics quirk)?
I enjoy medical and engineering, as those are the roles I'm most experienced with, but I'm perfectly capable of assisting and manning the various consoles on the CIC, and assisting cargo and the POs are easy peasy! Harper's quirck is that she's exceptionally optimistic about her given objectives, almost to the point of obnoxiousness. I intend to RP of course, and I intend to make shipside Almayer a more fun and interesting place when I'm aboard!

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
I have experience with all shipside jobs, with PO being my least played role. I'm fully capable of performing any task asked of me, and if I'm unfamiliar with something for whatever reason I have no qualms Ahelping a mentor or consulting the wiki.

Why should we whitelist you?
I wish to play a higher RP role, as well as experience the server from a different perspective, and I find the current synths really fun to play with and I'd like to be a part of that! My eventual hope is that by showing I'm good in a role like this I'll prove I'm capable of other roles such as predator and commander.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)?
I think 2 or so weeks ago I was banned for 24 hours during an event for tossing grenades in briefing. That was a result of me misunderstanding what the event was and poor judgement, and I take full responsibility for my actions.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
I'm not currently banned from any server.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
yes
Madison 'Spicey' Delaney and Harper~!
Image

User avatar
Sulaboy
Registered user
Posts: 353
Joined: 14 Jan 2018, 04:10
Location: Florida
Byond: Sulaboy
Steam: Danger

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by Sulaboy » 10 Feb 2018, 03:38

I trust her in ship side roles. +1
Clancy 'Danger' Long
My Dossier
A̸̧̭̰̮̰̜̥͈̱̲̫̲̭͋̄̈̍̉̓̿̊̃H̸͈̬̗̓̄̒̇̿̀̏̎͑͊̇̃̇͝Ĥ̴̨̧̨̩̞̗̤͝ͅH̴͔͕͊̄̓̐̀͝

User avatar
Lukey111
Registered user
Posts: 346
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 21:22
Location: Salt piles
Byond: Lukey111

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by Lukey111 » 10 Feb 2018, 22:54

Activity is fine, as I have seen you around quite a bit.
To me, you haven't given much effort in my eyes to the character story, as it may take at least 10 minutes or so for most people to write that up.
I know that you can handle this role, as you are also active in replying to appeals, in chat, and other apps.
I havn't clearly seen you in many of the support/shipside roles, but I will probably be corrected on that.
The ban may be a problem for the mods/admins.

Overall, not the most effort, and have not seen you stand out in support roles, so I will have to go Neural leaning towards 1- on this one, I will happily correct my vote via further comments/replies.

- LCDR Williams
I play as Monday "Scatter" Williams, he is the guy that takes no one seriously, except his good friend, his work.
Image Image
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams
"There’s no such thing as a crowded battlefield. Battlefields are lonely places." —General Alfred M. Gray, 29th CMC

User avatar
JennerH
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 449
Joined: 26 Oct 2017, 13:12
Byond: JennerH
Steam: Chocolate Thunder

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by JennerH » 10 Feb 2018, 23:19

Lukey111 wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 22:54
Activity is fine, as I have seen you around quite a bit.
To me, you haven't given much effort in my eyes to the character story, as it may take at least 10 minutes or so for most people to write that up.
I know that you can handle this role, as you are also active in replying to appeals, in chat, and other apps.
I havn't clearly seen you in many of the support/shipside roles, but I will probably be corrected on that.
The ban may be a problem for the mods/admins.

Overall, not the most effort, and have not seen you stand out in support roles, so I will have to go Neural leaning towards 1- on this one, I will happily correct my vote via further comments/replies.

- LCDR Williams
It took me 2 hours to come up with that story... I'm not very creative, especially when I'm tired. I thought it was short and sweet, but to each their own.

I used to play MT alot during november and December (half the time as Valerie Bleigh), and when I'm feeling spicey I'll play doctor. I usually join MP if it's later in the round (sometimes as Ash 'Colonial' Vedos) and I ran SO/XO for a good week on and off (remember Madison Carson anyone?), and a couple times since then. For the most part this last couple of weeks I've been playing combat roles at odd hours of the night, so I've been playing alot of lowpop, dunno which time zone you're in but it's usually between 8pm to 3am PST depending on how I'm feeling.

The only medical related thing I get hung up on is the dyalisis machine, because I'm not 100% on how to use it right and have only needed to use it 2 or 3 times. Every other role I personally believe I'm competent at (like as SO I know OB coords, MT I can set up the smes batteries, ect) but you'll have to take my word on that.
Madison 'Spicey' Delaney and Harper~!
Image

User avatar
Enceri
Registered user
Posts: 300
Joined: 06 Oct 2016, 23:37
Location: state of depression
Byond: Enceri

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by Enceri » 11 Feb 2018, 01:23

I've seen Madison as a MT, XO, and multiple medical roles, so I know they can handle that. As lukey stated, the ban MIGHT be a problem, but I don't believe it will as it was a small ban for miscommunication.

I've known them for a while on CM, and I know they're active and can hold the synthetic status. But, you have to know it isn't all meming around constantly.

With all that said, +1. Good luck.

User avatar
Lukey111
Registered user
Posts: 346
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 21:22
Location: Salt piles
Byond: Lukey111

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by Lukey111 » 11 Feb 2018, 12:54

Hmm, after consideration on your reply, and also considering your competence... I think you could handle it.

1+ from me.
I play as Monday "Scatter" Williams, he is the guy that takes no one seriously, except his good friend, his work.
Image Image
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams
"There’s no such thing as a crowded battlefield. Battlefields are lonely places." —General Alfred M. Gray, 29th CMC

User avatar
TheDonkified
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 468
Joined: 11 Dec 2016, 19:02
Byond: TheDonkified

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by TheDonkified » 13 Feb 2018, 15:35

+1 Good, competent player. Very active and can RP.
lother jomes

User avatar
ghostdex
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 332
Joined: 14 Feb 2015, 17:27
Location: Earth
Byond: Ghostdex

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by ghostdex » 14 Feb 2018, 10:50

I mostly see you as MT, sometimes as a MP and you can do your job and be pretty much enjoyable, no real issues with you at all except one time you were memeing around as a MP which I didn’t exactly enjoy as I usually take MP to be one of the more serious roles.

Overall +1, you can handle being a synth, just keep the memes back a little bit
John 'Fixer' Donable
Kara Walsh
Kjuhte Luar-ke
Operative Delta
Image
Image
Something a bit funny: http://i.imgur.com/lKfpvwd.png
The story of Operative Delta: https://imgur.com/Go3VIhs https://imgur.com/4K8AqdA

User avatar
JennerH
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 449
Joined: 26 Oct 2017, 13:12
Byond: JennerH
Steam: Chocolate Thunder

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by JennerH » 14 Feb 2018, 11:17

ghostdex wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 10:50
I mostly see you as MT, sometimes as a MP and you can do your job and be pretty much enjoyable, no real issues with you at all except one time you were memeing around as a MP which I didn’t exactly enjoy as I usually take MP to be one of the more serious roles.

Overall +1, you can handle being a synth, just keep the memes back a little bit
Enceri wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 01:23
I've seen Madison as a MT, XO, and multiple medical roles, so I know they can handle that. As lukey stated, the ban MIGHT be a problem, but I don't believe it will as it was a small ban for miscommunication.

I've known them for a while on CM, and I know they're active and can hold the synthetic status. But, you have to know it isn't all meming around constantly.

With all that said, +1. Good luck.
Lukey111 wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 12:54
Hmm, after consideration on your reply, and also considering your competence... I think you could handle it.

1+ from me.
Sulaboy wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 03:38
I trust her in ship side roles. +1
TheDonkified wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 15:35
+1 Good, competent player. Very active and can RP.
Thank you all so much! It really means alot, and I really appreciate all the support.
Madison 'Spicey' Delaney and Harper~!
Image

User avatar
Wubs4Scrubs
Registered user
Posts: 489
Joined: 01 Feb 2017, 18:11
Contact:

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by Wubs4Scrubs » 15 Feb 2018, 13:50

Playing with you on the server is fun, and your character is one that I recognize and can enjoy a round with. Your quirk is generic, however it is something that can easily be roleplayed and add some enjoyment to the round. I wish that your story featured more of your quirk in an external way, most of it seems to be focused on Harper's internal thoughts rather than her RP interactions with the crew which is what I personally like to see in applications.

Your note history is more lengthy than most who are on the whitelist, however I'm not that concerned given that it's nothing malicious and I've never had any personally negative interactions with you IC. My main concern is that synths have to strictly abide by marine law, so while synths are encouraged to spice up the round and add some enjoyment for as many players as possible, they are bound to strict guidelines. While I think you will effectively try and make rounds more fun for the marines you play alongside, I just want to make sure that you know where to draw the line memeing as a synthetic.
Image

User avatar
JennerH
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 449
Joined: 26 Oct 2017, 13:12
Byond: JennerH
Steam: Chocolate Thunder

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by JennerH » 15 Feb 2018, 14:42

Wubs4Scrubs wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 13:50
Playing with you on the server is fun, and your character is one that I recognize and can enjoy a round with. Your quirk is generic, however it is something that can easily be roleplayed and add some enjoyment to the round. I wish that your story featured more of your quirk in an external way, most of it seems to be focused on Harper's internal thoughts rather than her RP interactions with the crew which is what I personally like to see in applications.

Your note history is more lengthy than most who are on the whitelist, however I'm not that concerned given that it's nothing malicious and I've never had any personally negative interactions with you IC. My main concern is that synths have to strictly abide by marine law, so while synths are encouraged to spice up the round and add some enjoyment for as many players as possible, they are bound to strict guidelines. While I think you will effectively try and make rounds more fun for the marines you play alongside, I just want to make sure that you know where to draw the line memeing as a synthetic.
Of course! I know what's acceptable and I understand completely just how serious I'd have to take marine law with this role. Where an MP could theoretically bend the rules in his mind, a synthetic is programmed to follow them to a T. (Physically impossible to disobey programming)
Madison 'Spicey' Delaney and Harper~!
Image

User avatar
edda
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 163
Joined: 03 Nov 2017, 07:32
Byond: Edda

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by edda » 24 Feb 2018, 02:25

Delaney is a bit of a meme but has taken a bunch of roles, standing out in all of them. As Wubs said, as long as Harper doesn't meme (too much), Jenner is competent for the role.

+1 from me.
Finnian Cottier

User avatar
Elcheba
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15
Joined: 30 Sep 2017, 14:05
Byond: elcheba

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by Elcheba » 15 Mar 2018, 13:13

awww im in your story <3 <3 <3

i trust mads on all shipside roles so im sure harper will be a great synth +1
Sigma Orsan | Deltard | Researcher |Smartgunner| Squad Medic | S C I E N C E ! Image

User avatar
Sambalu
Registered user
Posts: 171
Joined: 15 Feb 2018, 16:56
Location: The salt mines
Byond: Sambalu

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by Sambalu » 15 Mar 2018, 15:16

From the times I have interacted with them, they can be a bit silly at times, but they know how to RP properly and could hanlde being a synth

+1 from me
I play Kaelyn Brooks, the random dead PFC. Image Pixel art provided by Okand37.

User avatar
CaptainYankee
Registered user
Posts: 96
Joined: 26 Nov 2017, 01:58
Byond: CaptainYankee

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by CaptainYankee » 15 Mar 2018, 16:19

Lukey111 wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 22:54
The ban may be a problem for the mods/admins.
No, the ban was earned during an insane death race/ murder fest on the Almayer. To be honest I was surprised you earned a ban for that at all; Considering that 5 minutes before it happened we were doing endless laps around the main hallways dodging snakes and fire, and that 5 minutes after, the CO was given deathsquad gear and told to murder 15 crew members.

Good player, knows the rolls, a familiar face. +1
Reinhard Shriver

User avatar
Youbar
Registered user
Posts: 328
Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 22:08

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by Youbar » 16 Mar 2018, 01:12

Lukey111 wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 22:54
- LCDR Williams
Cringe. I'm giving this a +1 just for that.

Well, that, and the fact that this is a genuinely good application.
"Man with one chopstick go hungry."
- Chinese Proverb

User avatar
NGGJamie
Managers
Managers
Posts: 300
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 07:24
Byond: NGGJamie

Re: Harper - Jenner's synthetic application

Post by NGGJamie » 26 Mar 2018, 07:04

Accepted

Short but solid application. Good feedback. I don't think the player will have issues with the role.
Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Synthetic: Leonard
Predator: Thei-De Na'Tauk
Server Status

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - Present

Locked