Byond ID: MisterLayne
Colonial Marines Character: Katyusha Layne
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?: 20 - 25 Hours
Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?: Negative.
Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers?: No.
What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM?: Polaris and Baystation are the only other two.
Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made: -None-
Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?: No.
Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?: No.
Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?: Negative.
Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)?: I am now.
Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each of the following situations. Do not write on the same line as the situation - use the space below it or make space as needed. Failure to do this proves your inability to follow instructions and your application will be automatically denied.
1. A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
Private message the player asking them why they did it. If no response or the response is not serious, three hour ban.
2. The ship has a breach to space and a bunch of players have died or are dying as a result.
Not do anything. That's an IC situation.
3. You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost.
Private message the player and ask them if they need help, and point them in the right direction to start their roleplay experience.
4. A player is being very rude to you in Adminhelps and requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
Direct the player to an admin+ staff.
5. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, no one has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.
Tell them I'm sorry, but the current naming rules don't allow it as a name, and they need to change it next round.
6. You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
Private message them telling them they aren't supposed to be running around in armor with a weapons on code green, especially given their current job.
7. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.
Let them off with a warning this time, but make sure to stress they shouldn't do it again under any circumstances.
8. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
Set a time limit?
9. The round ends, a MARINE starts shooting a hostile IRON BEAR and the IRON BEAR Adminhelps complaining he was killed after the round ended.
Three hour ban for the marine.
10. A marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start.
That's a tempban, for probably 24 hours.
11. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him.
Give them a strong warning and inform them that shooting someone because they punched them is not an appropiate response.
12. An issue arises that requires Admin+ abilities.
Inform an Admin+ of the current situation.
13. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
Tell the player that they should either handle the distaste for the comments IC, or walk away from the situation.
14. A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
Ban the player, permanently. Attempt to revive all the killed marines, and tell them to pretend it never happened.
15. You see a player playing a xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines and die.
Private message them and try to explain why doing that isn't very helpful or nice to your fellow Xenos.
16. You see a xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat.
If everyone else is fine with them doing it, then let it be. If the other aliens disagree with it, private message them telling them to cool it down a little.
17. A xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different xeno player complains to you that it's metagaming/failRP to call it a "dropship".
Tell the different xeno player it's okay to call it a dropship.
18. A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet.
Make a quick note to them that it is slight metagaming, because their character wouldn't know that.
19. A Marine kills another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself.
Warn them that it a nonsensical thing to do.
20. You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforcing a rule.
Make a quick message them telling them what they said wrong, and correct them.
20a. You see a fellow staff member abusing his powers in-game.
Chat with the fellow staff member , and or make a staff complaint on the forums.
21. You see a player talking in OOC chat about what he did with your mom last night.
Private message them telling them we don't take kindly to being needlessly rude in OOC.
Any additional information you'd like to add?
Any feedback on the application would be greatly appreciated!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 07 Apr 2016, 22:33
I'd go through each of your responses and give you some kind of feedback or ask questions normally, but as you don't meet the minimum age requirements I have to deny you. So for when you eventually re-apply, next time include more detail in the process how you intend to investigate and handle each situation. Will you investigate the situation? how so? If non-malicious how do you respond? If malicious how do you respond? IC issue? ooc issue?
If you can do that while streamlining your answers so I don't have to read a giant wall, even better.
Application for trial mod denied; does not meet minimum age requirements for personal age or forum account age.