Adralimas - Moderator application

Locked
User avatar
adralimas
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 115
Joined: 29 May 2017, 19:12
Location: Canadia land!
Byond: Adralimas

Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by adralimas » 25 Jul 2017, 20:08

Byond ID: Adralimas

Colonial Marines Character: Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell

Age: 29

Gender: M

Timezone: UTC - 8:00

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate? Probably anywhere inbetween 12 and 24, Maybe more.

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)? None, Nada, Zip, Zilch.

Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers? Nope!

What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM? Used to play hippie, don't anymore.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made: Got none.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where? Nope!

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines? Nope!

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for? Hippie station, About nine / twelve months ago?, Was banned for being an asshole to someone in Dsay for twenty four hours and damn i felt like shit after for being an asshole.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)? Vaguely, Willing to learn!

Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each of the following situations. Do not write on the same line as the situation - use the space below it or make space as needed. Failure to do this proves your inability to follow instructions and your application will be automatically denied.

1. A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
If it's an accidental discharge i'll let the MP's handle it as an IC Issue, Medic's will probably help out the injured too. If it seems intentional greifing i'll check the notes of said player then ahelp em asking them to explain their actions, if they're clean i'll pin a note to em and issue a warning, If not i'll issue a warning and a three hour ban increasing to eight / twenty four / three days based on their past notes and pin a note.

2. The ship has a breach to space and a bunch of players have died or are dying as a result.
Would check to see if it was caused by the dropship (Which i don't think it can anymore?) If so i would leave it, If not i would log dive to figure out whom did it and check their notes then ahelp em, Issue a warning about this being against the rules, Would also issue a ban based on previous notes, Starting at three hours and increasing to eight / twenty four / three days / seven days and pin a note.

3. You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost.
Would ahelp em asking if they're new and need some help, Telling them within said ahelp about clickin on my name to reply to me, If i have no response i'll leave it. If i get a response i would then check to see if there are any available mentors then hand them off to said mentor, If there aren't any mentors i would check slack to find one, if there are still no mentors available i'll do my best to help them along for as long as they needed me.

4. A player is being very rude to you in Adminhelps and requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
I would hand them over to any available Admin+ willing to take them with a warning to said admin+ about their rude attitude, If there are no available admin+'s i would try my best to try and calm said player while telling them that being rude to staff isn't the best way to get help on anything, If they calm down and start acting civil i'll deal with whatever issues they've got, If not i'll issue a warning about this kind of behaviour and check their notes, If they had no previous notes relating to this i would pin a note to em, If they've had a history of this kind of behaviour i would issue a three hour ban increasing to eight / twenty four / three days / seven days and pin a note.

5. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, no one has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.
Would inform them that not every staff member will know every reference and meme out there then guide them to marine rule number two, Would then ask them that they please change their name next round and pin a note about the warning, If they refuse and i see them next round with the same name i would change their name for them and ahelp them to issue another warning alongside another note, If they still seem to not want to change their name i'll ahelp them about this and issue a three hour ban and warn them again about said naming rules applying another note.

6. You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
Would watch them to see if the MP's intervene and leave it as an IC if they do, if not i would check their notes and ahelp them, Warn them about weapon restrictions based on alert levels and pin a note.

7. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.
I would ahelp them warning them that medics cannot perform surgery and ask them to stop the process and prep them to be sent to the almayer where the doctors can hopefully treat them and then apply a note, Would then check their previous notes and based on similar offenses i would issue a job ban.

8. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would force ares to perform a scan of the planet if i could, the marines upon seeing only four aliens left would more than likely issue an assault to exterminate them of their own accord, If they still seem unwilling or i can't manipulate ares i would issue a order acting as high command that the alien menace are weak and would suggest that they all organize an assault to exterminate them so that they can be rid of this hell hole and come back to sol for a much needed pizza party, The promise of pizza heavily inspires marines.

9. The round ends, a MARINE starts shooting a hostile IRON BEAR and the IRON BEAR Adminhelps complaining he was killed after the round ended.
I would inform the iron bear that EORG only applies when friendly fire is involved, And that the marines are allowed to continue to fight any remaining hostile's they come across be it UPP, CLF, IB's or xeno's.

10. A marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start.
Would watch them and see if the MP's intervene, If they do i'll leave it as an IC Issue, If not i'll check their notes and ahelp them warning them that this kind of behaviour isn't suited to a real marine and ask them politely to start acting like one. Would then pin a note and issue a ban if their note history is pretty bad about this kinda stuff.

11. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him.
I would tell them about proper escalation between intentional friendly fire and that murdering a marine because they punched you is a shitty reason to kill someone over, Would suggest the next time this sorta thing happens to just punch them back or ahelp about it rather than taking matters into their own hands and ending a life. Would then apply a note and possible ban based on their past history of notes.

12. An issue arises that requires Admin+ abilities.
Would check to see if there's any admin's online and pass the issue over to them, if not i would try to contact them via other means such a slack and inform them about said issue, if there is still no available admins after this i'll make a record of such and inform the next available admin when they come online.

13. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
I would tell them that light racism is allowed on the server, If said player still insists about this being an issue i would inform the other nine via LOOC To kindly cut it out.

14. A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
I would heal any of the dead marines then check the notes, if there are none i would apply a 24 hour ban and a note, If there are more than one other note about this i would ban them for seven days and file for perma.

15. You see a player playing a xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines and die.
I would ahelp them asking them about what they were thinkin and check their notes, Depending on their answers i would issue a warning asking them to be more careful next time, If they had previous notes about this kind of behaviour i would issue a three hour ban and a note, If the note history is really bad i'll issue a job ban from aliens.

16. You see a xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat.
I would ahelp them kindly asking them to cut the memes and apply a note, If they've had a past history of this kinda stuff i would issue a note and a three hour ban after informing them about this kinda memeing isn't acceptable and that even xeno's must have atleast some level of RP However minor it is.

17. A xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different xeno player complains to you that it's metagaming/failRP to call it a "dropship".
I would tell the ahelping xeno that it isn't really meta gaming but is still poor RP, I would then ahelp the xeno that called it a dropship and suggest that they try calling it a "Metal bird" from now on.

18. A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet.
Would check their notes and issue a warning to them that the marines do not know that there are aliens on the planet if they had no previous notes about this, If they did have previous notes about this i would issue a three hour ban or a command ban based on the notes.

19. A Marine kills another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself.
I would check the logs to see if there was indeed any RP About this, if it was RP'ed out i would pass it as an IC Issue, If not i would check their notes and issue a warning and note if they're clean, Three hour ban if they had previous similar offenses.

20. You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforcing a rule.
I would intervene and do my best to correct them then offer to assist with the issue.

20a. You see a fellow staff member abusing his powers in-game.
I would intervene and try to stop said abuse, if the abuse persists i would then inform a head staff member about said abuse.

21. You see a player talking in OOC chat about what he did with your mom last night.
Depending on how badly it goes i would intervene and tell them to cut it out, Otherwise i'de just leave it as OOC Tends to be pretty nuts anyway.

Any additional information you'd like to add?
I was ahelped by slc97 and asked if i've ever considered becoming a staff member to which i said yeah i woulden't mind givin it a shot, According to him i was recommended to him as a potential candidate for staff membership, He then suggested that i make an application on the forums so here it is!, Any criticism's of said application would be appreciated!
Hoping that my forum inactivity won't be too much of an issue here, Regardless of being accepted or not i'll try and increase it from now on.
Would like to also add that i have a bit of a hard time learning stuff and have a pretty shitty memory.
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Rain7x
Registered user
Posts: 287
Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 19:07
Location: Arkansas
Byond: Rain7x
Contact:

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by Rain7x » 25 Jul 2017, 22:00

You seem relatively new to the forums as you've stated, but that's not that big of a problem. I'll start with your answers
1: Good
2: Good
3: Good
4: Good
5: Good, a bit lenient but that's fine
6: Good
7: Good
8: We don't have ARES, but we do have the Queen Mother for the aliens, you could use that. You also don't have control of ares as a mod. There's not really much we can do in that situation besides subtle messaging people so I'll give you that one.
9: Good
10: Good
11: Good
12: Good
13: Good
14: Good
15: Good
16: Good
17: Xeno hivemind is the english translation of xeno thought, so you don't really need to PM for that. It's just a bit of fluff to call it metal bird.
18: Good
19: Good
20: Good
20a: A bit iffy, it's better to let headstaff handle the issue than to try to stop it yourself aside from calling them out on it, but that's fine.
21: Good

Overall a great app, good answers and I think you definitely could be a moderator.

+1

Edit: These are based on what knowledge he has, taking into consideration he hasn't had the experience I had
Last edited by Rain7x on 25 Jul 2017, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

User avatar
TheSpoonyCroy
Registered user
Posts: 333
Joined: 07 Dec 2015, 02:11

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by TheSpoonyCroy » 25 Jul 2017, 22:02

Well this looks promising:
  • For question 1, slight issue with your times but I wouldn't expect you would know our standard times but I do like you are escalating your bans based on prior history however for future reference our escalation chain is follow 3 hours ----> 24 hours -----> 3 days -----> 7 days for similar rule breaks also this does vary based on the offense since following this structure for names would be a tad overzealous...
  • For question 2, might want to fix breach as well. Also think you need to figure out the intent of it first since being malicious is different from careless.
  • For question 3, good and I like the detail about telling them how to respond since that is pretty minor thing and people seem to forget
  • For question 4, I have a slight issue with this.

    Code: Select all

    "If they calm down and start acting civil i'll deal with whatever issues they've got, If not i'll issue a warning about this kind of behavior and check their notes" 
    I can understand placing a note but choosing not to help them because they are acting like an ass seems a tad irresponsible. Trust me, we've had some problem players like this but even if know they aren't going to be cooperative I will deal with the "problem" first then deal with them after you finished with the "problem". At least this is what I'm getting out of this response since you don't really address what happens to the initial issue in this scenario but could be something you overlook
  • For question 5, mods sadly don't have the power to change names sadly also those name changes are only temp, so it doesn't really fix the problem. Its sort of a bandaid solution but the multiple warning approaches for names is good, so nice job mentioning it.
  • For question 6, this is a strictly IC problem now with rule changes from May, well unless grief commences then it is our problem.
  • For question 7, minor point but some staff members would advise you check notes before talking to the person to get an idea of if they have broken this rule already or not.
  • For question 8, Sadly you don't have access to any of those tools and a bit concerned with the low rp "pizza party" but it is minor, I guess.
  • For question 9, good.
  • For question 10, this one is really dependent on what they do but in the example it all seems quite minor. You can probably alert a admin to it and they will make an ares report about a disgruntled marine or something to help push the MPs to an area.
  • For question 11, another possible option would be calling the MPs but yeah we probably shouldn't get involved unless we know its grief and pretty bad grief not just punching random people. That can easily be dealt with ICly
  • For question 12, good
  • For question 13, pretty levelheaded response, so good job
  • For question 14, Good job. This doesn't apply to the question but keep in mind we do have a sleep tool so if you have an active shooter, use that on them.
  • For question 15, good
  • For question 16, fine
  • For question 17, we like players using stuff like metal bird but we aren't going to force them to do it. So, you are being a tad overzealous with this one.
  • For question 18, ok response
  • For question 19, decent response
  • For question 20, intervene how?
  • For question 20a, ^^^^^
  • For question 21, this seems ok.
I would say you look to be a decent candidate but I will hold off from giving +1 for now. I will see how you deal with other comments and scenarios. So to say I'm neutral leaning towards +1 but not too sure, just yet.

I'll give him a +1, I think we can hammer out any issues during the trial phase
Last edited by TheSpoonyCroy on 27 Jul 2017, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
adralimas
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 115
Joined: 29 May 2017, 19:12
Location: Canadia land!
Byond: Adralimas

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by adralimas » 25 Jul 2017, 23:09

TheSpoonyCroy wrote:Well this looks promising:
  • For question 1, slight issue with your times but I wouldn't expect you would know our standard times but I do like you are escalating your bans based on prior history however for future reference our escalation chain is follow 3 hours ----> 24 hours -----> 3 days -----> 7 days for similar rule breaks also this does vary based on the offense since following this structure for names would be a tad overzealous...
  • For question 2, might want to fix breach as well. Also think you need to figure out the intent of it first since being malicious is different from careless.
  • For question 3, good and I like the detail about telling them how to respond since that is pretty minor thing and people seem to forget
  • For question 4, I have a slight issue with this.

    Code: Select all

    "If they calm down and start acting civil i'll deal with whatever issues they've got, If not i'll issue a warning about this kind of behavior and check their notes" 
    I can understand placing a note but choosing not to help them because they are acting like an ass seems a tad irresponsible. Trust me, we've had some problem players like this but even if know they aren't going to be cooperative I will deal with the "problem" first then deal with them after you finished with the "problem". At least this is what I'm getting out of this response since you don't really address what happens to the initial issue in this scenario but could be something you overlook
  • For question 5, mods sadly don't have the power to change names sadly also those name changes are only temp, so it doesn't really fix the problem. Its sort of a bandaid solution but the multiple warning approaches for names is good, so nice job mentioning it.
  • For question 6, this is a strictly IC problem now with rule changes from May, well unless grief commences then it is our problem.
  • For question 7, minor point but some staff members would advise you check notes before talking to the person to get an idea of if they have broken this rule already or not.
  • For question 8, Sadly you don't have access to any of those tools and a bit concerned with the low rp "pizza party" but it is minor, I guess.
  • For question 9, good.
  • For question 10, this one is really dependent on what they do but in the example it all seems quite minor. You can probably alert a admin to it and they will make an ares report about a disgruntled marine or something to help push the MPs to an area.
  • For question 11, another possible option would be calling the MPs but yeah we probably shouldn't get involved unless we know its grief and pretty bad grief not just punching random people. That can easily be dealt with ICly
  • For question 12, good
  • For question 13, pretty levelheaded response, so good job
  • For question 14, Good job. This doesn't apply to the question but keep in mind we do have a sleep tool so if you have an active shooter, use that on them.
  • For question 15, good
  • For question 16, fine
  • For question 17, we like players using stuff like metal bird but we aren't going to force them to do it. So, you are being a tad overzealous with this one.
  • For question 18, ok response
  • For question 19, decent response
  • For question 20, intervene how?
  • For question 20a, ^^^^^
  • For question 21, this seems ok.
I would say you look to be a decent candidate but I will hold off from giving +1 for now. I will see how you deal with other comments and scenarios. So to say I'm neutral leaning towards +1 but not too sure, just yet.
For 2, Forgot to mention i would also seek out and fix the breach aswell, My bad on that part. And thanks for the advice on the whole investigate intent thing, Would definently do that.
For 4, Again my bad here, Would happily change my attitude in dealing with this to "help regardless of any interactions", A Problem is a problem that needs solving regardless of how who brought it to my attention is acting.
For 7, Understood i'll besure to remember that!
For 8, Got it!, No pizza parties. Thanks to rainx7 though, would probably try somthing on the aliens side then via Queen mother, Perhaps "The tallhosts are cowering in their giant metal hive in the sky!, Take one of their metal birds and finish the job"
For 11, Was unaware of if i would have the ability to alert the MP's via ahelp's or not, Good to know i can i'll besure to use that!
For 17, Would really have been more of a suggestion rather than an actual warning or anything, Woulden't have applied a note for this or really enforce it. After this is over i'll definently have to ask how you would go about this one though!
For 20, For intervention i would go along the lines of bringing attention to what about the information was wrong or how the rule should have been enforced, Like if i see a staff member issue a ban for EORG To someone that was shooting hostiles i'de tell em that "it's okay for marines to continue fighting hostile forces but it's not okay for them to be fighting fellow marines." Then suggest they undo said ban.
For 20a, "Intervene" Was probably a bad choice of words on my part for both this and 20, I mean i would do my best to try and detour them from abuse, Talkin it over with em and warning them about this kinda stuff being generally unacceptable, Woulden't go through any really strict means or anythin like that, like tellin em to cut that shit out right now, Would be more along the lines of "Hey man this stuff's not exactly alright, Might wanna becareful with this, The heads might not like it"

Thanks you very much for the time to pick my application apart, Appreciate the advice and i'll definently get to using it should i be selected, If not i'll remember it for my next possible application!
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Karmac
Registered user
Posts: 2003
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 00:29
Location: Queensland, Australia
Byond: Karmac

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by Karmac » 25 Jul 2017, 23:39

In my opinion this is definitely one of the higher quality apps, it's a +1 from me as I don't have any more concerns than what Spoony's already commented on.
I play Garth Pawolski; Commander, Combat Engineer, and more often than not, random dead guy.

I'm the predator Nracha-dte Kv'var-de (Relentless Hunter).

I was a Moderator for like 5 months. Ended up Retiring.

I'm a Community Contributor.

User avatar
TheSpoonyCroy
Registered user
Posts: 333
Joined: 07 Dec 2015, 02:11

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by TheSpoonyCroy » 25 Jul 2017, 23:57

adralimas wrote:-snip-
I wouldn't pm a MP but I would use a tool we call Subtle message (SM) which basically gives a player this flavor text "You hear a voice in your head say ' -your message here- '. Basically a handy tool to help guide the players to do something and not as very forceful as a PM. Just be sure not to abuse this tool. You can also use this for question 8, like you SM the CO saying "Command isn't going to be too happy if this mission is delayed any further" or something along those lines. Maybe something as simple as "You have a good feeling, we have this in the bag. Might as well end it".

It really depends on what you want to do and how you approach these kind if situations

User avatar
Kavlo
Registered user
Posts: 369
Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 11:35

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by Kavlo » 27 Jul 2017, 00:47

I've seen you in-game a fair amount, your answers are good and the only problem in this whole app I'm seeing right now is the forum activity but that's fairly common for mod apps.

I'm definitely up for giving this a +1
Lochlann Healy the Marine Here's my good ol' dossier!

Image
Image

Mentor : 28th November 2016
Mod : 14th February 2017
Admin : 7th June 2017
Retired : 4th January 2018

User avatar
Jay Burns
Registered user
Posts: 392
Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 13:17
Location: Some place on earth

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by Jay Burns » 27 Jul 2017, 10:41

+1 App is solid and the player in question is solid.

User avatar
Symbiosis
Registered user
Posts: 392
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 12:13
Byond: Symbiosis

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by Symbiosis » 27 Jul 2017, 10:49

Easy +1 from me. You're consistently helpful towards new players, easy going, and friendly. You'd make a great addition.

17. Hivemind is English translation, let it be.

Only thing that I saw that stood out to me!
Cliff "Chubs" Campbell

"Hey, did anyone bring any food with them?"

User avatar
TheMaskedMan2
Registered user
Posts: 591
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 12:37
Location: United States, Georgia
Byond: TheMaskedMan2

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by TheMaskedMan2 » 27 Jul 2017, 10:50

Don't have much to say that hasn't already been said, unfortunately.

Though with 20a I would inform headstaff right away about potential abuse, instead of waiting to see if it persists.
Certified RP Professional (According to myself) and Xenomorph lover.

Karla Mikhaylova
Image

User avatar
driecg36
Registered user
Posts: 427
Joined: 26 Mar 2017, 20:24
Byond: driecg36

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by driecg36 » 27 Jul 2017, 11:32

The player is very good from my experience, and the app is pretty stellar.

He would make a good fit as mod, a +1 from me.
Some guy.

Pierre 'Jackass' Martin

User avatar
Swagile
Registered user
Posts: 1048
Joined: 19 Jan 2017, 11:56
Byond: Swagile

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by Swagile » 27 Jul 2017, 12:06

Is English your first or second language? You have a lot of run on sentences without punctuation, so I just wanted to know. This came up when Nescau was offered modship as well, so im not trying to pick on ya.

Also, you forgot to aheal the marine that was killed on question 11. as he was killed for bad escalation.

17. is bad because the Hivemind is a literal translation of your thoughts, so saying "dropship" is fine as they are merely speaking telepathically and that is how they convey their thought of the "metal bird being here". We don't hold Xeno's to such standards of having to call something a metal bird because of this reason. This has already been stated by other staff, I just wanted to give you a further explanation as to why.

Either then that, + 1 from me.
Image

User avatar
Jaketeaking
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 270
Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 09:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by Jaketeaking » 27 Jul 2017, 13:09

+1, decent player, any issues are minor and have been mentioned already, youve corrected most of them with further detail, so i feel it should be easy to work out in trial.
The man known as James 'patch' Alfonse. also gets called hotdog and "lemon.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity" - General George S Patton
WO first ever round -- only doctor.
WOv2 - First ever CO to survive more than 30 minutes, thanks to the help of bravo, charlie, delta, and flex the madman who killed at least 30 using an MG turret and an epic bombardment
Image
https://snag.gy/I60qtG.jpg -- an average CM round for me
Image

User avatar
TehSpoderman
Registered user
Posts: 871
Joined: 05 Feb 2017, 22:10
Byond: TehSpoderman

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by TehSpoderman » 27 Jul 2017, 13:14

+1 from me. The app and the player is good. I wont mind him on the team at all.
Duke 'Oddshot' Stroh - The Bamboozler
Mentor: June 5th - September 1st
Check out my mapping dumping grounds: http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtop ... 14&t=14204 . It's where people share their mapping projects and ask for feedback. Check it out pls <3

User avatar
TexasTwoStep
Registered user
Posts: 79
Joined: 14 Apr 2017, 13:13
Location: Texas
Byond: TexasTwoStep

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by TexasTwoStep » 27 Jul 2017, 13:16

TheSpoonyCroy wrote:-snip-
So, are you +1ing or not big-guy?

The Application, although mostly good - as discovered by Spoon and a few other staff-members needed some polishing, i'm not going to start going through every answer because the only concern I have is your maturity level. In-characterly, especially I see faults with you - in any serious Roleplay Scenario, it seems that you don't really care much for that aspect of Colonial-Marines unless it's boasting your character or promoting you some how.

User avatar
Emeraldblood
Senior Staff
Senior Staff
Posts: 505
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 21:04
Location: USA, Florida
Byond: Emerald Blood

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by Emeraldblood » 27 Jul 2017, 13:46

The answers are pretty good, the only thing I wanted to add is to work on your capitalization and a few other little things. Overall, it doesn't really affect anything so +1 from me.
PM: xxx->Emerald Blood: oh shit this is colonial marines? whops. wrong server i wanna go to a normal space station 13

User avatar
NescauComToddy
Posts: 539
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:00
Location: Sao Paulo
Byond: NescauComToddy

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by NescauComToddy » 27 Jul 2017, 15:28

Because there is not much to say about your application, I will simply leave my evaluation here.

Your biggest problem is your activity. Try to improve it on the server and in the forum. About your answers, they show that you have the required knowledge of our rules to participate in the staff.

Overall exceptional app. +1
"Kommunistische Katze."

Peter.

Man'sur, The Victorious', Cetanu's Al'nagara.


Retired staff (moderator).

User avatar
Kavrick
Registered user
Posts: 273
Joined: 16 Apr 2016, 02:36

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by Kavrick » 27 Jul 2017, 16:39

Puts mine and many other's apps to shame. +1
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
adralimas
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 115
Joined: 29 May 2017, 19:12
Location: Canadia land!
Byond: Adralimas

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by adralimas » 27 Jul 2017, 17:02

Swagile wrote:Is English your first or second language? You have a lot of run on sentences without punctuation, so I just wanted to know. This came up when Nescau was offered modship as well, so im not trying to pick on ya.

Also, you forgot to aheal the marine that was killed on question 11. as he was killed for bad escalation.

17. is bad because the Hivemind is a literal translation of your thoughts, so saying "dropship" is fine as they are merely speaking telepathically and that is how they convey their thought of the "metal bird being here". We don't hold Xeno's to such standards of having to call something a metal bird because of this reason. This has already been stated by other staff, I just wanted to give you a further explanation as to why.

Either then that, + 1 from me.
English is my first and only language, Though i don't really speak/type it perfectly i'll admit. Most of how i learned it was from the internet anyways as i'm one of those lovely uneducated peoples! And ofcourse no offense taken.
Also thanks for the further clarification onto question 17!, I'll besure to keep all of this in mind if i'm accepted or for future applications.
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
adralimas
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 115
Joined: 29 May 2017, 19:12
Location: Canadia land!
Byond: Adralimas

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by adralimas » 27 Jul 2017, 17:19

TexasTwoStep wrote:So, are you +1ing or not big-guy?

The Application, although mostly good - as discovered by Spoon and a few other staff-members needed some polishing, i'm not going to start going through every answer because the only concern I have is your maturity level. In-characterly, especially I see faults with you - in any serious Roleplay Scenario, it seems that you don't really care much for that aspect of Colonial-Marines unless it's boasting your character or promoting you some how.
I'll admit i wasen't really into the whole roleplaying aspect of colonial marines when i first joined in, Though as of late i've been feeling like really trying to get into it, So i've been trying my best to work toward becoming a better roleplayer though i have literally no prior experience in such a field. That aside thank you verymuch for your criticisms!, Show's i've still got a long way to go in terms of roleplaying and i intend to work even harder now for it.
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
El Defaultio
Registered user
Posts: 527
Joined: 11 Mar 2017, 09:15
Byond: ElDefaultio

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by El Defaultio » 28 Jul 2017, 10:36

Regardless of what Texas says, this app is pretty good. I've seen you roleplay more than 90% of the marines, and it's much better. I'm not exactly sure where he got the whole 'boasting your character or promoting' thing since I've literally not seen you do that once, but I think you're fine in that department. You seem mature enough for the job, and to be honest, you're already a lot more mature than Karmac and I (even if that's not hard to do, persay), and I would love to have you on the team. And about the unpolished answers, that'll be fixed during your trial. Nothing to break a sweat over, you've got the core ideals and values down pat so you'll learn quickly.

Activity wise, I see you on the server whenever I'm on, and your forum activity is pretty garbage. But that can always be fixed, some people don't know what to post so I suggest just making a few discussion threads on some finer points of the game. That'll attract some replies. Same with giving feedback on CO apps, pred apps, and shitposting in acid goop (the best option)

Good luck, brother.
Image Image Image Image Image

PM to Ordukai: drats foiled again by the fuzz


Admin PM from Ordukai: As someone who has been forced into the role of "cat" by his peers, I take offense to your cunning use of the wprd fuzz.

User avatar
adralimas
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 115
Joined: 29 May 2017, 19:12
Location: Canadia land!
Byond: Adralimas

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by adralimas » 28 Jul 2017, 19:08

El Defaultio wrote:Regardless of what Texas says, this app is pretty good. I've seen you roleplay more than 90% of the marines, and it's much better. I'm not exactly sure where he got the whole 'boasting your character or promoting' thing since I've literally not seen you do that once, but I think you're fine in that department. You seem mature enough for the job, and to be honest, you're already a lot more mature than Karmac and I (even if that's not hard to do, persay), and I would love to have you on the team. And about the unpolished answers, that'll be fixed during your trial. Nothing to break a sweat over, you've got the core ideals and values down pat so you'll learn quickly.

Activity wise, I see you on the server whenever I'm on, and your forum activity is pretty garbage. But that can always be fixed, some people don't know what to post so I suggest just making a few discussion threads on some finer points of the game. That'll attract some replies. Same with giving feedback on CO apps, pred apps, and shitposting in acid goop (the best option)

Good luck, brother.
"Tries and fails to do a sick combat roll instead ends up faceplanting into the ground, Attempts to then regain composure with a SICK POWERSLIDE... Into the side of a wall" Thanks for the kind words and advice buddy!, And yeah it's hard finding topics to post about or to reply too or just what to say in general. I'll be doing my best regardless to increase my activity on here though!
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
NGGJamie
Senior Staff
Senior Staff
Posts: 176
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 07:24
Byond: NGGJamie

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by NGGJamie » 29 Jul 2017, 05:15

+1 from me, for many of the reasons above this application definitely had a proper amount of thought put into it. I was a bit surprised at your knowledge of what tools are at your disposal with a couple kinks like not having ARES as a mod, you definitely did your homework.
My Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted]
My Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Marine: Jack 'Guns' Croshaw / Lenny Shaw
Synthetic: Leonard
Predator: Thei-De Na'Tauk
Server Status

User avatar
slc97
Admin
Admin
Posts: 862
Joined: 21 Jul 2016, 11:48
Location: Florida

Re: Adralimas - Moderator application

Post by slc97 » 29 Jul 2017, 14:34

This is accepted. You'll receive a PM from me shortly.

Locked