Bibiex - Moderator Application

Locked
User avatar
Bibiex
Registered user
Posts: 44
Joined: 22 Jan 2017, 21:33
Location: Nostromo
Byond: Bibiex

Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Bibiex » 07 Oct 2017, 09:55

Byond ID: Bibiex

Colonial Marines Character: Ana Morgan

Age: 18

Gender: M

Timezone: UTC-03:00

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
From 7 to 20 hours.

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
Yes, I was a Gameadmin for a few months at "BeatStation"

Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers?
No

What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM?
I play infrequently on Aurora and BeatStation

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
Not applicable.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
Not currently

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
Yes, I had a permanent xeno jobban that is now lifted. viewtopic.php?t=11791

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
Only a jobban in CM, as stated above.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)?
No, but I'm willing to learn.

Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each of the following situations. Do not write on the same line as the situation - use the space below it or make space as needed. Failure to do this proves your inability to follow instructions and your application will be automatically denied.

1. A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
I would check the logs to determine if it was misfire or grief and PM the player asking for an explanation, if misfire I would leave it as a IC issue, if grief (determined by the amount of the shots fired) I would check his note history and then ban him from 3 hours to 72 hours depending on his notes.

2. The ship has a breach to space and a bunch of players have died or are dying as a result.
With the new updates it's theoretically impossible to destroy the hull of the ship, but if that somehow happens I'll ASAP fix the breach and then proceed to identify the origin of the breach (logs or witness), if it was caused by a player I would check his notes and send a PM asking him to explain their actions, I would give him a ban depending on his note history, if it was caused by other reason that doesn't involve a direct action from a player I would just fix the breach and no further actions would be taken.

3. You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost.
I would ask for one of our mentors to assist the player, if we don't have any online I would use slack to call a mentor to help the new player.

4. A player is being very rude to you in Adminhelps and requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
I will ignore the rudeness and try to solve his problem anyway but I would add a note about rudeness, if he is being so rude as to be unable to communicate with him I would add a note and mute the player, I would only call a Admin+ if it's really necessary, not by a player asking.

5. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, no one has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.
As he is already arguing I'll assume that I've already told him to change the name and added a note about the name, so I would answer that the fact that he has used it for several years doesn't make a exception in the rules, and that nobody noticed that his name was against the rules because we have a very large flow of players, it's hard to keep track of all of them and then I would recommend him to read our rules as ignorance is not an excuse, ban the player for 3 hours if he doesn't change it next round.

6. You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
It's an IC issue, MPs can easily deal with it, I will only intervene if he tries to go to the planet to kill xenos with it.

7. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.
I don't think a Squad Medic can do surgery, the mechanics of the game prevent it, but speaking of a hypothetical situation I would PM the Squad Medic and notify him that it's against the rules to do surgery with any job that isn't doctor or Medical Researcher and order him to cauterize the patient then I would check his notes, if there is nothing related to powergaming I would just warn him and add a note, but if he is a know powergamer I would jobban the player from medical positions.

8. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would subtle PM the acting commander of the marines, giving a suggestion to start an attack as the xenomorph threat is small, if an Admin+ is online I would request a bio-scan and a Queen Mother report.

9. The round ends, a MARINE starts shooting a hostile IRON BEAR and the IRON BEAR Adminhelps complaining he was killed after the round ended.
I would tell the player that there is no problems in attacking a hostile force at the end of the round, the same goes for iron bears and xenos, end of round grief is only when combat logs are generated between friendly forces.

10. A marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start.
I'll let the MPs handle the situation as he will be punished by the marine law, there is no need to intervene.

11. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why he said it was because the other marine had punched him.
I would check the logs looking for the punch followed by multiple attacks to confirm it, since the aggressor killed the victim because of a punch the proper escalation rules weren't followed, I would then check the aggressor's notes and PM him informing that he will be banned for not following the lethal escalation rule, depending on the notes a 24 or 72 ban will be applied.

12. An issue arises that requires Admin+ abilities.
I would ask for an Admin+ to solve the issue, if there are no admins online I will call them through slack and try to hold the situation while I wait for the presence of an Admin+.

13. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
I'd PM the player who ahelped and inform him that racism in character is not against the rules as long as it doesn't cause someone's death, no further actions would be taken.

14. A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
My priority will be to sleep the aggressor in case he comes back to the game and aheal all victims to keep the round going normally then I would ban the griefer for 7 days and request a permaban, I'll check the logs just to see if I'm banning the right person.

15. You see a player playing a xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines and die.
I would PM the larva player and notify him that it's against the rules, since it removes permanently a xeno of the round, possibly causing an unbalance in the round, then I would check his notes, depending on his note history I would apply a xeno job ban or just a note, although it depends on the situation, if he whether did it accidentally or was in a high-risk place I would just ignore.

16.You see a xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat.
I would apply a note and notify him that if he does one more time he will be banned, if he does it one more time or has a note about memeing I would apply a 3 hours ban immediately.

17. A xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different xeno player complains to you that it's metagaming/failRP to call it a "dropship".
I would tell the player who complained that the hivemind is the english translation of a xeno's thoughts, so as long as it's in english and not a meme it isn't against the rules.

18. A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet.
I would PM the player and tell him that the marines don't know what happened on the planet and that this may be considered metagaming as it's an information that must be discovered in game, I'll then note the incident and check his notes, depending on his note history a command job ban can be applied.

19. A Marine kills another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself.
I would ask the victim to confirm that there was role play between them before his death, if yes I will leave it as an IC issue, if there was no interaction between them I would note the incident on the aggressor's note history and punish him depending on his note history.

20. You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforcing a rule.
I will inform him that he is giving wrong information and correct it.

20a. You see a fellow staff member abusing his powers in-game.
Gather enough evidence to write a report and then submit a staff report through a private message in discord for a Senior staff member.

21. You see a player talking in OOC chat about what he did with your mom last night.
I don't see any problems in this comment, just ignore it.

Any additional information you'd like to add?
I lost my whole mod app... twice.
Edit: Fixed misspellings
Last edited by Bibiex on 12 Oct 2017, 11:20, edited 2 times in total.
Ana Morgan - Proud to be a corpsman!

The funniest thing about this particular text is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

User avatar
Kernir
Registered user
Posts: 72
Joined: 19 Jul 2017, 12:52
Byond: Kernir

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Kernir » 07 Oct 2017, 10:27

Hey there! Thanks for making an application! I'll read over your answers and give a little input from my side of things, perhaps asking a few questions along the way!

1) Would you PM the person if it was one shot from a pulse rifle?
5) Would you go straight from "Hey, please change your name" to "You're being banned for 3 hours"? Do you think that the particular offence deserves such action?
7) The medic perform surgery on planet, do you think a doctor job ban fits the bill?
8) Moderators are able to perform Queen mother reports, so you are capable of doing that much as it's only ARES that's admin locked. Could you give me a quick example of what you might message the acting CO?
9) A hypothetical relating to this situation, two marines are arguing on the escape pod and then one punches the other after the round ends. Is this EORG?
11) You can check the logs to find out more on the situation, however you're also capable of PMing the players to find out their sides of the story. Often times the logs won't show you the nuances of the situation, while something may look bad from one perspective you might find something else that might redeem it. This situation likely is just case of improper escalation, but never forget that you're able to talk to people too.
14) This is the players first offence, would you still file for perma?
18) I think a command job ban seems a little harsh to me, everyone slips up. Do you think that the punishment is justified by the rule break?

I quite like your application as you've clearly spent the time to think about your answers, a lot of the questions have nuances that you've picked up on but there's still a few things that popped out at me. Though a lot of that can be cleaned up in the trial period.

I'm going to be giving you a +1 on your application, but I'd still like you to get to the questions I've posed above.

User avatar
El Defaultio
Registered user
Posts: 676
Joined: 11 Mar 2017, 09:15
Byond: ElDefaultio

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by El Defaultio » 07 Oct 2017, 10:40

1: Fine, might not bwoink in every scenario.

2: Fine.

3: Fine.

4: You don't always have to deal with rude players, a warning and a ban is always applicable in that scenario.

5: Yep.

6: Yep.

7: Yep.

8: Yep. You also have Queen-Mother as a mod.

9: Yep. EORG is also just EORG; you can shoot a friendly post round and have it be okay. Don't randomly ban for this.

10: Yepish. If he's doing it too much, tell him to knock it off.

11: Yep, besides the ban time. 3 hours for second offence, day for third, 3 days for fourth, week for fifth, week + perma for sixth.

12: Yep.

13: This depends on the context, if there was a no-rp "Nigger" thrown out, it's probably worth talking to if the intent wasn't RP and just to insult someone.

14: Yep.

15: This is where I and every other moderator disagree. The question clearly states you watch a larva run into combat and die. Jobban for this.

16: Yep.

17: Yep.

18: That's fine. Only if the aliens mentioned were in fact the xenomorphs, and not farwa, yiren, etc.

19: RP doesn't have to include interaction. It's fine for you to kill someone w/o a word, in this situation given the fact it's life or death. Just make sure the pod wasn't completely empty and he had no other options.

20: Get them to correct it, not you. Fine.

20a: Slack, not discord.

21: Yep.


I'll post two hypotheticals soon(tm).
Last edited by El Defaultio on 07 Oct 2017, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the Boonie Hat Movement, circa 09/25/2017
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Image
Manezinbabe's Sprites Oakland's Marines

User avatar
Bibiex
Registered user
Posts: 44
Joined: 22 Jan 2017, 21:33
Location: Nostromo
Byond: Bibiex

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Bibiex » 07 Oct 2017, 10:53

To Kernir
1) No, one shot was probally just a misfire, not worth a investigation.
5) If the player doesn't change his name in the next round I don't see what could make him change, so yes I think a 3 hours ban is fair because he didn't change his attitude in the first note, please correct me if I'm wrong.
7) Not for the first offense, but if he has more notes about powergaming a job ban from medical positions can be applied.
8) "The operation is extending too much, probably the high command will not like it, an attack can finish this..."
9) EORG is an unforgiving mistress, any combat between friendly forces requires a 3 hour EORG ban, but I personally wouldn't consider this situation as EORG because the marines were roleplaying before the end of the round.
11) Understood.
14) You got me, probally yes because a player who kills multiple marines and instatly logs off is aware it's against the rules, the situation would be different if he didn't logged off.
18) As I said in the description about what I would do, a job ban CAN be applied if he has previous notes about powergaming but this only if the notes are really serious otherwise a note and verbal warning is enough.
Ana Morgan - Proud to be a corpsman!

The funniest thing about this particular text is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

User avatar
Bibiex
Registered user
Posts: 44
Joined: 22 Jan 2017, 21:33
Location: Nostromo
Byond: Bibiex

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Bibiex » 07 Oct 2017, 11:13

To ElDefaultio
1) Yes, I wouldn't bwoink if it was just a misfire.
4) I respectfully disagree, sometimes the player is just angry, a mute for the rest of the round is usually enough for the player to chill, obviously I wouldn't take too much time dealing with a rude player.
9) Understood, so the sentence "EORG is an unforgiving mistress, any combat between friendly forces requires a 3 hour EORG ban" is incorrect depending on the situations?
10) Understood.
13) So the correct action would be to check the logs to see what was his intention?
15) Misread from my part, if the larva rushed to the front line she was in the back lines or near the front line, but not in the front line itself, in this case a instant job ban will be applied.
18) Understood
19) Okay, but how do I make sure the pod wasn't empty?
20) I meant to correct the information for him to know what the correct information is, not correct his mistake for him, I wouldn't intervene in the case of another staff member without permission, this answer was badly worded from my part.
20a) Understood, I thought the discord was also a official communication method between the staff members.
Ana Morgan - Proud to be a corpsman!

The funniest thing about this particular text is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

User avatar
El Defaultio
Registered user
Posts: 676
Joined: 11 Mar 2017, 09:15
Byond: ElDefaultio

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by El Defaultio » 07 Oct 2017, 11:19

Bibiex wrote:
07 Oct 2017, 11:13
To ElDefaultio
1) Yes, I wouldn't bwoink if it was just a misfire.
4) I respectfully disagree, sometimes the player is just angry, a mute for the rest of the round is usually enough for the player to chill, obviously I wouldn't take too much time dealing with a rude player.
9) Understood, so the sentence "EORG is an unforgiving mistress, any combat between friendly forces requires a 3 hour EORG ban" is incorrect depending on the situations?
10) Understood.
13) So the correct action would be to check the logs to see what was his intention?
15) Misread from my part, if the larva rushed to the front line she was in the back lines or near the front line, but not in the front line itself, in this case a instant job ban will be applied.
18) Understood
19) Okay, but how do I make sure the pod wasn't empty?
20) I meant to correct the information for him to know what the correct information is, not correct his mistake for him, I wouldn't intervene in the case of another staff member without permission, this answer was badly worded from my part.
20a) Understood, I thought the discord was also a official communication method between the staff members.
4: I said if needed.
9: Yes. If it's RPed out it's fine, from slack.
13: If possible, yes.
15: Mhm.
19: Jump to the player, check to see if the pod has people in it, if it's completely empty besides him, no reason t oshoot.
20: Of course.
Founder of the Boonie Hat Movement, circa 09/25/2017
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Image
Manezinbabe's Sprites Oakland's Marines

User avatar
emeraldmoonx
Registered user
Posts: 173
Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 14:20
Byond: emeraldmoonx

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by emeraldmoonx » 07 Oct 2017, 11:20

Hi Bibiex! Thanks for taking the time to post your Mod app.

Gonna go straight into your situation responses. No comment on me means your answer is correct or doesn't need any feedback as it was already said by someone else before me.
3. If no mentor is online, you yourself could quickly aid the player. Just cause you're a mod, doesn't mean you don't help people.
13. Gotta point this out cause I found humor in it... In what terms does IC racism cause death? LOL
18. Also, what would you do for all the marines who might take the knowledge and metagame? There's multiple ways to get the commander to revise what he said or use OOC means. Explain please :].
19. There's many scenarios where this is grief. For instance, was there other pods open? Did he ABSOLUTELY need that one? Also was it necessary to KILL the marine? Simply subduing or knocking out would give him enough time to get in the pod. What would you ask him to get more details? My options are what I would ask.


Your answers are good, I see no major issues. The only thing I'd point out is the poor grammar. You for some reason seem to forget to use periods and end up with extremely long sentences. It's not hard to proofread an application when submitting. With that being said, you still had a good app. I'll wait for you to respond to me with a response to 18 and 19. Until then I'm sticking to neutral.
USCM - Elric Wolff
Synthetic - Eric

User avatar
Bibiex
Registered user
Posts: 44
Joined: 22 Jan 2017, 21:33
Location: Nostromo
Byond: Bibiex

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Bibiex » 07 Oct 2017, 11:54

To ElDefaultio
4) Sorry for my misinterpretation, I'll I'll be sure to read the answer better from now on.

Emeraldmoonx
3) To be sincere I don't like to help new players, I would avoid this situation if possible.
13) I don't know if this is the case in CM but in the old server I was a Admin there were a lot of racism between races, for example, humans wouldn't treat another race because "Muh racism roleplay" leading to his death... I used to ban those players from playing as human.
18) For the marines who metagame I'll just add a note as it's mostly not their fault and they can argue "But the commander said there was xenomorphs!", I would ask the commander to revise what he said, for example, correcting his sentence IC, I don't want him to use any OOC mean.
19) With ElDefaultio's answer I can easily answer this question, I would jump to the player, check if the pod has people in it besides him and jump to the other near pods stationed at the Almayer and check if it's empty, doing this I can check if he needed that pod and if the other pods were open and if he needed to kill the marine, also if there was only one pod and four players I don't see any reason to not kill the marine, it's a good role play excuse, to get more details I would ask why he killed the marine (To see if his role play excuse was good enough) and other questions depend on the situation, for example, if there was another pod near why didn't he used it?

It's tiring to fill the same application three times, that is why the poor grammar, if necessary I can re-write to improve the grammar but keep the same message.
Ana Morgan - Proud to be a corpsman!

The funniest thing about this particular text is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

User avatar
emeraldmoonx
Registered user
Posts: 173
Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 14:20
Byond: emeraldmoonx

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by emeraldmoonx » 07 Oct 2017, 12:03

Bibiex wrote:
07 Oct 2017, 11:54
To ElDefaultio
4) Sorry for my misinterpretation, I'll I'll be sure to read the answer better from now on.

Emeraldmoonx
3) To be sincere I don't like to help new players, I would avoid this situation if possible.
13) I don't know if this is the case in CM but in the old server I was a Admin there were a lot of racism between races, for example, humans wouldn't treat another race because "Muh racism roleplay" leading to his death... I used to ban those players from playing as human.
18) For the marines who metagame I'll just add a note as it's mostly not their fault and they can argue "But the commander said there was xenomorphs!", I would ask the commander to revise what he said, for example, correcting his sentence IC, I don't want him to use any OOC mean.
19) With ElDefaultio's answer I can easily answer this question, I would jump to the player, check if the pod has people in it besides him and jump to the other near pods stationed at the Almayer and check if it's empty, doing this I can check if he needed that pod and if the other pods were open and if he needed to kill the marine, also if there was only one pod and four players I don't see any reason to not kill the marine, it's a good role play excuse, to get more details I would ask why he killed the marine (To see if his role play excuse was good enough) and other questions depend on the situation, for example, if there was another pod near why didn't he used it?

It's tiring to fill the same application three times, that is why the poor grammar, if necessary I can re-write to improve the grammar but keep the same message.
3) That's really up to you. It's not specifically your job to help out new players, that's what mentors do. Just saying tho, if there are no mentors, the least you can do is link him to a guide on wiki.
13) I got you.
18) Good, that's what I was looking for.
19) Good. People tend to use whatever excuse they can to kill someone. "I was panicking and needed a pod, and this marine got in the way", so he went ahead and brutally murdered him and called it RP.

Fine answers, the grammar isn't a major issue, and I understand. I personally had to rewrite my app due to the site logging me out when I went to preview and lost everything.

Thank you for your response, I'm giving you a +1. Good luck, hope to see you soon as a TMod :].
USCM - Elric Wolff
Synthetic - Eric

User avatar
Emeraldblood
Managers
Managers
Posts: 896
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 21:04
Location: USA, Florida
Byond: Emerald Blood

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Emeraldblood » 09 Oct 2017, 16:22

Well, your questions have already been run over for the most part so I'll only touch on a few.

13. It's a good thing to tell the person who's ahelping that you'll look into it. This is so they don't feel like we're just ignoring them and we're actually looking at the comment that was made.

15. Dying as a larva isn't against the rules, but griefing larva is. Just make sure the player isn't just new or doesn't understand before you just throw down a job-ban.

18. Make sure you either tell them to play it off as a joke IC or OOC that the Marines don't know about the Xeno (or both).


I'll throw you a few questions to answer before I give my verdict. Try to give some details on what you'd do and how you'd solve it.

1. An MP ahelps that the CMP order the CL to be arrested for having a pistol on him during code green and doesn't accept their opinion that the CL can have it on their person, so he refuses to let the CL go.

2. Currently, it's just you and a few mentors online and the Queen refuses to take the dropship up to the Almayer. While you can answer asking for an admin+ to get online, also explain what you'd do if you couldn't get anyone else online.

3. A Marine ahelps about a CT walking around the FoB with a power-loader moving crates around. CT says that the RO said he could come down to the FoB to unload stuff.

4. A SO ahelps that the CO just shot them dead while they were arguing over the CO's current orders with no warning and says the player should be banned from Commander.


Looking forward to your replies. If you don't know what you'd do or need me to explain more, just ask.
PM: xxx->Emerald Blood: oh shit this is colonial marines? whops. wrong server i wanna go to a normal space station 13

User avatar
Bibiex
Registered user
Posts: 44
Joined: 22 Jan 2017, 21:33
Location: Nostromo
Byond: Bibiex

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Bibiex » 09 Oct 2017, 19:11

Emeraldblood wrote:
09 Oct 2017, 16:22
Well, your questions have already been run over for the most part so I'll only touch on a few.

13. It's a good thing to tell the person who's ahelping that you'll look into it. This is so they don't feel like we're just ignoring them and we're actually looking at the comment that was made.

15. Dying as a larva isn't against the rules, but griefing larva is. Just make sure the player isn't just new or doesn't understand before you just throw down a job-ban.

18. Make sure you either tell them to play it off as a joke IC or OOC that the Marines don't know about the Xeno (or both).


I'll throw you a few questions to answer before I give my verdict. Try to give some details on what you'd do and how you'd solve it.

1. An MP ahelps that the CMP order the CL to be arrested for having a pistol on him during code green and doesn't accept their opinion that the CL can have it on their person, so he refuses to let the CL go.

2. Currently, it's just you and a few mentors online and the Queen refuses to take the dropship up to the Almayer. While you can answer asking for an admin+ to get online, also explain what you'd do if you couldn't get anyone else online.

3. A Marine ahelps about a CT walking around the FoB with a power-loader moving crates around. CT says that the RO said he could come down to the FoB to unload stuff.

4. A SO ahelps that the CO just shot them dead while they were arguing over the CO's current orders with no warning and says the player should be banned from Commander.


Looking forward to your replies. If you don't know what you'd do or need me to explain more, just ask.
13. Thanks for the note, it'll help me in question 3.

15. Alright.

18. Alright.

Answers:

1. The Liason is authorized to carry a pistol by the marine law but it has to be holstered in non-emergency situations, so it's against the marine law to arrest him because of this and from what I know it's against the server rules to arrest someone for an invalid reason. I would PM the CMP and notify him that it isn't against the marine law for the CL to have a holstered pistol on him and then ask him to let the CL go, I don't think a note is necessary in this case because it's a very confusing law. A verbal warning is enough for him to learn.
By invalid reason I mean a nonexistent marine law or a unlawfully arrest, for example, you can't arrest a marine for having a holstered weapon on him as he is by the marine law allowed to carry a weapon.

2. Not necessarily the aliens have to attack first so this can vary depending on the amount of aliens. I would subtle PM the Queen and tell her to attack the Almayer, if the Queen doesn't cooperate I would force ghost her and get a ghost volunteer to be the Queen. Add a note.

3. I don't think there is a rule against the powerloader being deployed, while not breaking the rule "The Powerload Mech is for Load and Unloading crates only" everything is fine. I would tell the marine that I'll look into it and check if the CT is really unloading crates and not walking around with it, if he is just unloading crates I'll ignore it but if he is doing anything besides that I would tell him to go back to the Almayer and check his note history, if it's the first offense or a new player a note will be enough, if he has a lot of notes about powergaming I would job ban him from requisitions.

4. Even though the commander may be wrong I can't do anything, the Commander holds the authority to perform a Battlefield Execution. He may kill anyone under their command or on their ship without any warning or procedure if they feel they are a threat to the mission (straight from the wiki), so if the Commander kills the SO because he was arguing about the current orders it was because the commander thought he was a threat to the operation. I would explain what I mentioned earlier and respectfully tell him to write a player report if he thinks he has been wronged.
Ana Morgan - Proud to be a corpsman!

The funniest thing about this particular text is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

User avatar
NGGJamie
Managers
Managers
Posts: 300
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 07:24
Byond: NGGJamie

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by NGGJamie » 14 Oct 2017, 11:07

My review of your original application, just to toss my perspective in.
► Show Spoiler
After reading your responses as well, very solid application overall. +1 from me, you've definitely done your homework and it shows.
Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Synthetic: Leonard
Predator: Thei-De Na'Tauk
Server Status

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - Present

User avatar
Bibiex
Registered user
Posts: 44
Joined: 22 Jan 2017, 21:33
Location: Nostromo
Byond: Bibiex

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Bibiex » 16 Oct 2017, 12:21

NGGJamie wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 11:07
My review of your original application, just to toss my perspective in.
► Show Spoiler
After reading your responses as well, very solid application overall. +1 from me, you've definitely done your homework and it shows.
2. Alright.

3. Understood.

11. Alright. I will be able to learn more about bans time in the trial time.

13. Understood.

14. Alright. How long does it take to request a perma ban?

19. I would speak to the aggressor if necessary, for example, to clarify why he killed the player or to gather for the investigation.

20. Alright.

Thanks for the feedback and the +1
Ana Morgan - Proud to be a corpsman!

The funniest thing about this particular text is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

User avatar
Emeraldblood
Managers
Managers
Posts: 896
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 21:04
Location: USA, Florida
Byond: Emerald Blood

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Emeraldblood » 16 Oct 2017, 23:00

Oh man Bibiex, really sorry for leaving ya without a follow-up message. A lot of stuff came up for the server and it just got overridden that I left you a message.

1. Very nice answer.

2. SM is a good place to start. If they don't catch the SM, as it can be hard to see sometimes, you can just give them a PM about it. That would be a more direct order so if they fail to follow that order then you could place punishments at that point. You also have access to the Queen Mother report but I'd personally not use those for something like taking the DS up. Queen Mother reports are more useful for notices to the hive as a whole when you need them to do something. Being the Queen is the only one who can use the DS, best to just interact with her alone. Overall, the answer is fine.

3. This one was a tricky question and it's fine that you wouldn't get it perfect, but the Powerloader has no real reason to be on the ground. If they where actually doing work with it, then you just tell them they need to get back up to the ship. While something like this may not be ban-worthy, it's something that should be noted down for future reference with the roles. I'd also be a good idea to tell the RO he shouldn't let people take it down, but this wouldn't need to be noted down for the RO.

4. Another great answer. Glad you remembered about Battlefield Executions and good job for noting the player report.

Overall, really good answers so I think definitely think you deserve this +1. Hope to see ya on the team.
PM: xxx->Emerald Blood: oh shit this is colonial marines? whops. wrong server i wanna go to a normal space station 13

User avatar
Bibiex
Registered user
Posts: 44
Joined: 22 Jan 2017, 21:33
Location: Nostromo
Byond: Bibiex

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Bibiex » 17 Oct 2017, 18:08

Emeraldblood wrote:
16 Oct 2017, 23:00
Oh man Bibiex, really sorry for leaving ya without a follow-up message. A lot of stuff came up for the server and it just got overridden that I left you a message.

1. Very nice answer.

2. SM is a good place to start. If they don't catch the SM, as it can be hard to see sometimes, you can just give them a PM about it. That would be a more direct order so if they fail to follow that order then you could place punishments at that point. You also have access to the Queen Mother report but I'd personally not use those for something like taking the DS up. Queen Mother reports are more useful for notices to the hive as a whole when you need them to do something. Being the Queen is the only one who can use the DS, best to just interact with her alone. Overall, the answer is fine.

3. This one was a tricky question and it's fine that you wouldn't get it perfect, but the Powerloader has no real reason to be on the ground. If they where actually doing work with it, then you just tell them they need to get back up to the ship. While something like this may not be ban-worthy, it's something that should be noted down for future reference with the roles. I'd also be a good idea to tell the RO he shouldn't let people take it down, but this wouldn't need to be noted down for the RO.

4. Another great answer. Glad you remembered about Battlefield Executions and good job for noting the player report.

Overall, really good answers so I think definitely think you deserve this +1. Hope to see ya on the team.
Thanks for the feedback and the kind words! I also hope to see myself on the team.
Ana Morgan - Proud to be a corpsman!

The funniest thing about this particular text is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

User avatar
Jerkface00
Managers
Managers
Posts: 138
Joined: 07 Apr 2016, 22:33

Re: Bibiex - Moderator Application

Post by Jerkface00 » 23 Oct 2017, 21:27

Reasoning and responses to the posed questions are acceptable. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders and I think you'll do fine as a trial.

Approved for mod trial.

Locked