jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Locked
Forser
Registered user
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Aug 2017, 13:04
Byond: Termor-X

jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by Forser » 27 Aug 2017, 13:47

I just started playing on this server mid-july, so I didn't have a forum account yet. I hope that the recent time of the creation of this account will not affect your judgement on this subject.



Your Byond Key: Termor-X

Your Character Name: John Verner

Their Byond key: jaketeaking

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central Us Time for best results): 8/27/2017, 1AM

Which Staff Protocols (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5647) were broken: Under Staff Code of Conduct: Do not abuse your power; Remain Professional, no matter what happens; Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server; Enforcement of the rules;

Description of the incident: So, it all started on the new Prison station, where I was a Mature Crusher at the moment. We were trying to push Marines' FOB for a while, and with not much luck. I've seen the Station depressurizing several times, so I assumed it is possible to do. I decided to crush a wall not far away from the FOB, and I was successful at doing so. The Station started losing oxygen and started depressurizing, so I left to fight again. When I realized that this tactic isn't really working. I went back to the room where crusher through the outer layer, I realized that one of the admins had put an indestructible wall there taken from Almayer. Some other player in LOOC told me that those are the rules and that I shouldn't question them. I thought that this "rule", like this other player said, doesn't make sense, because if it is possible to crush through the outer layer of the Station, then why not as well let us do so? And so I decided to crush through another wall, right beside the last one. In a moment, they were all changed to indestructible, and I received a PM from one of the moderators. To my surprise, it was that player that kept telling me to stop questioning the rules in LOOC. The PM read "stop . trying ." And so I did. But I still wanted an explanation why I'm bound by rules to stop trying a seemingly reasonable thing. So I replied back, asking why so? Why I'm am I supposed to stop trying? Well, he replied "use common sense ." To which I replied, "I am. Xenos don't need oxygen, humans do. Xenos don't suffer from extreme depressurizing, and humans do. If I can crush through that wall, why don't you let me?", or something close to it. To which he replied that all the other walls are indestructible, and only this one patch is not, because they missed a spot. Right after that, my internet had been cut off for a minute, but I came back and replied that I had no idea that the other walls were indestructible. I tried to explain my point, which is if we are able to breach the outer layer by mechanics, then by RP we're also should be permitted to do so. Sadly, after I send in this message, my internet was cut off again, and I decided that I had enough of games for today anyways. The next morning, I wanted to start my day with Colonial Marines as I always do, however, when I tried to connect the server I was banned for 24 hours.

I also think that jaketeaking could've taken things personal, because I admit it, I did comment on his writing abilities as a moderator. I said, "As a moderator, I would expect you take your time to write properly," because he is representing this server.


Keep in mind, that I had no idea I was speaking to one of the moderators in LOOC until he actually PM-ed me. I though it was just one of the xenos that were standing around. And I stopped right after the first PM.
His side of the story: Banned by host: Reason: Atmos griefing, told to stop after first breach was patched, attempted to breach same tile again, told to stop via LOOC, moved one tile across, and breached again, attempted to argue that they were using common sense as "xenos dont need oxygen, marines do"


Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
I don't have any screenshots or logs, because I didn't think I would need them. I had no idea that I would be banned for this minor incident.

How you would punish the accused:

How would I punish him? I would say that you should take his moderator status, but I would be satisfied if you just unbanned me, and gave him a warning.

User avatar
Feweh
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4830
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 19:34
Byond: Feweh

Re: jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by Feweh » 27 Aug 2017, 13:57

My god this is one of the worst staff reports I have ever fucking read.

The level of entitlement coming from you in unreal

User avatar
solidfury7
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 370
Joined: 28 Jul 2016, 20:54

Re: jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by solidfury7 » 27 Aug 2017, 13:57

Forser wrote:I just started playing on this server mid-july, so I didn't have a forum account yet. I hope that the recent time of the creation of this account will not affect your judgement on this subject.



Your Byond Key: Termor-X

Your Character Name: John Verner

Their Byond key: jaketeaking

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central Us Time for best results): 8/27/2017, 1AM

Which Staff Protocols (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5647) were broken: Under Staff Code of Conduct: Do not abuse your power; Remain Professional, no matter what happens; Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server; Enforcement of the rules;

Description of the incident: So, it all started on the new Prison station, where I was a Mature Crusher at the moment. We were trying to push Marines' FOB for a while, and with not much luck. I've seen the Station depressurizing several times, so I assumed it is possible to do. I decided to crush a wall not far away from the FOB, and I was successful at doing so. The Station started losing oxygen and started depressurizing, so I left to fight again. When I realized that this tactic isn't really working. I went back to the room where crusher through the outer layer, I realized that one of the admins had put an indestructible wall there taken from Almayer. Some other player in LOOC told me that those are the rules and that I shouldn't question them. I thought that this "rule", like this other player said, doesn't make sense, because if it is possible to crush through the outer layer of the Station, then why not as well let us do so? And so I decided to crush through another wall, right beside the last one. In a moment, they were all changed to indestructible, and I received a PM from one of the moderators. To my surprise, it was that player that kept telling me to stop questioning the rules in LOOC. The PM read "stop . trying ." And so I did. But I still wanted an explanation why I'm bound by rules to stop trying a seemingly reasonable thing. So I replied back, asking why so? Why I'm am I supposed to stop trying? Well, he replied "use common sense ." To which I replied, "I am. Xenos don't need oxygen, humans do. Xenos don't suffer from extreme depressurizing, and humans do. If I can crush through that wall, why don't you let me?", or something close to it. To which he replied that all the other walls are indestructible, and only this one patch is not, because they missed a spot. Right after that, my internet had been cut off for a minute, but I came back and replied that I had no idea that the other walls were indestructible. I tried to explain my point, which is if we are able to breach the outer layer by mechanics, then by RP we're also should be permitted to do so. Sadly, after I send in this message, my internet was cut off again, and I decided that I had enough of games for today anyways. The next morning, I wanted to start my day with Colonial Marines as I always do, however, when I tried to connect the server I was banned for 24 hours.

I also think that jaketeaking could've taken things personal, because I admit it, I did comment on his writing abilities as a moderator. I said, "As a moderator, I would expect you take your time to write properly," because he is representing this server.


Keep in mind, that I had no idea I was speaking to one of the moderators in LOOC until he actually PM-ed me. I though it was just one of the xenos that were standing around. And I stopped right after the first PM.
His side of the story: Banned by host: Reason: Atmos griefing, told to stop after first breach was patched, attempted to breach same tile again, told to stop via LOOC, moved one tile across, and breached again, attempted to argue that they were using common sense as "xenos dont need oxygen, marines do"


Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
I don't have any screenshots or logs, because I didn't think I would need them. I had no idea that I would be banned for this minor incident.

How you would punish the accused:

How would I punish him? I would say that you should take his moderator status, but I would be satisfied if you just unbanned me, and gave him a warning.
The atmosphere system is extremely to repair and can outright end rounds. So causes breaches is not allowed as it is considered both powergaming and meta gaming.

Arguing against rules isn't advised, if you wish to make a thread or dicuss it outside game feel free but the staff team is extremely busy 90% of the time.

Your argument to the staff member regarding "If I can do it, it should be allowed" holds very little ground and if we followed that pattern of thought, you'd see powergaming squads simply destroying hives in mere minutes, not to mention survivors murdering every monkey ever, every round.

Some rules are there for OOC reasons, some are there for IC reasons.

Regarding the staff member, he simply enforced the rules set.

This seems more like an unban appeal rather than a report, imo.

Edit:Fuck phones
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
Commander
Squad Leader
Bridge Officer
Medic

User avatar
NescauComToddy
Posts: 539
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:00
Location: Sao Paulo
Byond: NescauComToddy

Re: jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by NescauComToddy » 27 Aug 2017, 14:03

Hello,

As Jake had said when you questioned him, the walls should be impossible to break. What happened here is that you found an area where, when we tested the map, we did not see that there was a possibility of a breach.

In other words, it should be impossible to break any wall of the Daedalus' prison. Ignorance is not a justification according to the rules of the server, so Jake acted in a correct way.

Besides this specific reason, there are several others that Solid already quoted in his post.

Again, I've tested the map previously, so I'm posting here as a witness.
Last edited by NescauComToddy on 27 Aug 2017, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
"Kommunistische Katze."

Peter.

Man'sur, The Victorious', Cetanu's Al'nagara.


Retired staff (moderator).

User avatar
driecg36
Registered user
Posts: 427
Joined: 26 Mar 2017, 20:24
Byond: driecg36

Re: jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by driecg36 » 27 Aug 2017, 14:10

If you're gonna make a ban appeal, why not just make one instead of a faux-staff report?

You broke the rules not once, but TWICE after being told you shouldn't, then you argue with a moderator that you did nothing wrong. Take this time off the server to read the rules.
Some guy.

Pierre 'Jackass' Martin

Forser
Registered user
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Aug 2017, 13:04
Byond: Termor-X

Re: jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by Forser » 27 Aug 2017, 14:16

driecg36 wrote:If you're gonna make a ban appeal, why not just make one instead of a faux-staff report?

You broke the rules not once, but TWICE after being told you shouldn't, then you argue with a moderator that you did nothing wrong. Take this time off the server to read the rules.
Not once, but TWICE? No, after being told I shouldn't, I didn't break them a single time. If you consider a LOOC message(I don't check LOOC anyways, it is usually just filled with memes. If an admin or a moderator wants to contact the player, he or she should be doing so using THEIR kit. Like PMs.), then it is still only once. I didn't argue, I was asking question. I was asking what I was doing that was wrong. I did read the rules.

User avatar
Feweh
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4830
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 19:34
Byond: Feweh

Re: jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by Feweh » 27 Aug 2017, 14:16

Forser wrote: I realized that one of the admins had put an indestructible wall there taken from Almayer. Some other player in LOOC told me that those are the rules and that I shouldn't question them. I thought that this "rule", like this other player said, doesn't make sense, because if it is possible to crush through the outer layer of the Station, then why not as well let us do so? And so I decided to crush through another wall, right beside the last one. In a moment, they were all changed to indestructible, and I received a PM from one of the moderators. To my surprise, it was that player that kept telling me to stop questioning the rules in LOOC. The PM read "stop . trying ." And so I did. But I still wanted an explanation why I'm bound by rules to stop trying a seemingly reasonable thing.
The level of fucking entitlement from this statement is outstanding. You clearly acknowledge realizing an Admin put up a wall to fix your breach, yet you didn't care so you decided fuck that I'll make another cause I disagree?
You clearly DIDNT READ THE RULES, because IT EXPLAINS WHY ATMOS BREACHING IS AN ISSUE IN THE RULES. Further-more, if a figure of authority ie; Mods say not to do something... DONT DO IT.

#12. No Atmos Fuckery. - Our Atmos system is horrible. We are working to improve it, but for now do not intentionally breach to space, release phoron (or other gasses), or fuck with atmos at all. Doing so will probably result in a heavy ban or permaban. There are some exceptions for accidents (such as the Dropship landing partly in space or the Preds Gauntlet exploding), but intentional Atmos fuckery will result in a hefty Ban or permaban.

Forser wrote: I also think that jaketeaking could've taken things personal, because I admit it, I did comment on his writing abilities as a moderator. I said, "As a moderator, I would expect you take your time to write properly," because he is representing this server.
This just compounds your entire problem, complete garbage attitude and self-entitled behavior.
Forser wrote: Which Staff Protocols (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5647) were broken: Under Staff Code of Conduct: Do not abuse your power; Remain Professional, no matter what happens; Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server; Enforcement of the rules;

How would I punish him? I would say that you should take his moderator status, but I would be satisfied if you just unbanned me, and gave him a warning.
He broke NONE of those protocols, you're literally quoting nothing and the fact that you want him removed because of this? Come on.


Your ban is being increased to 3 days.

1. For not reading the server rules.
2. For ignoring a Mod.
3. For then insulting the mods spelling.
4. For this salty and complete bullshit report.


In the future, if we ever have to deal with you again for anything related to your poor attitude, expect a perma-ban.

User avatar
driecg36
Registered user
Posts: 427
Joined: 26 Mar 2017, 20:24
Byond: driecg36

Re: jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by driecg36 » 27 Aug 2017, 14:19

Forser wrote:Not once, but TWICE? No, after being told I shouldn't, I didn't break them a single time. If you consider a LOOC message(I don't check LOOC anyways, it is usually just filled with memes. If an admin or a moderator wants to contact the player, he or she should be doing so using THEIR kit. Like PMs.), then it is still only once. I didn't argue, I was asking question. I was asking what I was doing that was wrong. I did read the rules.
1: Ignorance is not an excuse. You not knowing/not being warned doesn't mean you didn't break the rule.

2: you broke two walls on two separate occasions, causing two breaches, which is against the rules.

3: On our end, it looks like you logged off mid-PMs after protesting, which is about the best way to get banned.
Some guy.

Pierre 'Jackass' Martin

Forser
Registered user
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Aug 2017, 13:04
Byond: Termor-X

Re: jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by Forser » 27 Aug 2017, 14:23

driecg36 wrote:1: Ignorance is not an excuse. You not knowing/not being warned doesn't mean you didn't break the rule.

2: you broke two walls on two separate occasions, causing two breaches, which is against the rules.

3: On our end, it looks like you logged off mid-PMs after protesting, which is about the best way to get banned.
Look, a moderator or an admin should contact the player with PMs, not LOOC.

I didn't break a second wall, I tried to, this is true, but I did not break it.

I didn't log off, my internet died, is it really my fault?

User avatar
Feweh
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4830
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 19:34
Byond: Feweh

Re: jaketeaking and Atmos on the Prison Station

Post by Feweh » 27 Aug 2017, 14:26

This is resolved.

Locked