Permanent Ban Appeal

You probably deserved it.
Forum rules
  1. Be respectful at ALL TIMES. You may be angry about your ban, but you need to remain CALM AND COMPOSED.
  2. Do NOT post in an appeal, if you are not contributing as a witness. If you are going to post as a character witness (for or against), keep it simple and easy to read.
  3. Bans take at minimum, 24 hours to be investigated and processed. Avoid appealing for a 24 hour or less ban.
  4. If your appeal is denied, you cannot post another appeal for 30 days.
  5. For screenshots, we recommend using ShareX or Greenshot for instant uploads to imgur.com.
  6. Make sure the ban reason is EXACTLY what it says when you try to log in.
  7. Do not message staff about if we've gotten to your ban/appeal. It will result in AUTOMATIC denial.
  8. Don't message staff about bans outside of the forums.
  9. Only one ban can be appealed at once. Be clear exactly what you are appealing
Post Reply
User avatar
Woobz
Registered user
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Nov 2017, 18:28
Byond: Woobz

Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Woobz » 14 Dec 2017, 13:33

Your Byond ID:
Woobz

Character Name:
Dennis Palmer

Type Of Ban (Job-ban, Timed Ban, Permaban):
Permaban

Admin who banned you (if known):
W02NOV17

Total Ban Duration:
44 Days

Remaining Duration:
Forever

What other servers do you play on?

None.

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
No.

Reason for ban (If you have a Permaban, it should be the EXACT MESSAGE YOU GET WHEN YOU LOGIN with the Error code that looks like this: X##XXX##. If you do not provide this EXACTLY you can't be unbanned):
W02NOV17 - Griefing/Multi-keying.

Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=15478

Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc):
Obviously I deserved to get banned and I am sincerely sorry for what I did. I was new to this community and Space Station 13 in general and was not fully prepared to be a member of it. I now am however.

Thank you.

User avatar
VitorThauma
Admin
Admin
Posts: 213
Joined: 23 Dec 2016, 18:20
Location: hell
Byond: VitorThauma

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by VitorThauma » 14 Dec 2017, 14:31

Two related ckeys were found, apextrinity and Jesuschrist33167

Woobz notes
► Show Spoiler
apextrinity notes
► Show Spoiler
No notes for Jesuschrist33167.
Sarah Powers | Combat Medic
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
apophis775
Host
Host
Posts: 6714
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 18:05
Location: Ice Colony
Byond: Apophis775
Contact:

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by apophis775 » 14 Dec 2017, 15:28

Any information about your additional keys?
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

User avatar
Woobz
Registered user
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Nov 2017, 18:28
Byond: Woobz

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Woobz » 14 Dec 2017, 15:37

No additional information.

User avatar
Woobz
Registered user
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Nov 2017, 18:28
Byond: Woobz

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Woobz » 19 Dec 2017, 07:23

I was banned for multikeying, I don't know what additional information you want. Isn't that why I'm here making an appeal?

User avatar
Emeraldblood
Senior Staff
Senior Staff
Posts: 506
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 21:04
Location: USA, Florida
Byond: Emerald Blood

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Emeraldblood » 19 Dec 2017, 10:11

Any other keys you want to own up to? Maybe a reason for why you broke the rules? Anything?
PM: xxx->Emerald Blood: oh shit this is colonial marines? whops. wrong server i wanna go to a normal space station 13

User avatar
apophis775
Host
Host
Posts: 6714
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 18:05
Location: Ice Colony
Byond: Apophis775
Contact:

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by apophis775 » 19 Dec 2017, 18:33

Typically, when you appeal, you give us as much information as we can. Because if we dig stuff up and find things you did not alert us of, it typically drops your chances of an unban.
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

User avatar
Woobz
Registered user
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Nov 2017, 18:28
Byond: Woobz

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Woobz » 20 Dec 2017, 10:06

I haven't broken any rules outside what is already known. I explained why I broke the rules in the original thread. The MP was metagaming me by using knowledge from previous rounds and it was making me angry. I'm not going to justify what I did and I've moved on past it all. I'd just like to get on and roleplay again because I haven't played SS13 in almost 2 months now. Jesuschrist33167 was just a throwaway I used and I tried to log in. I guess you could call that ban evading, but it has never played on the server or done anything illicit in the game. I didn't do anything beyond that and just made my thread after that to inquire/appeal my ban. At that point I had already served 2 weeks for what I did and didn't know if it had been upgraded to perma or if it was a bug or whatever. It was odd to me that it would be upgraded to a perma after I had been playing for 3 days roleplaying normally.

I'm not trying to destroy the server or do anything to ruin the community. It was just an isolated incident and over the past 2 months I've had time to realize it's not worth breaking the rules on this server. Colonial Marines is something special and it's the reason why I installed SS13 in the first place. As a roleplay server/game I know that there are higher expectations and I was treating the server as I would any random game when I broke the rules.

User avatar
apophis775
Host
Host
Posts: 6714
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 18:05
Location: Ice Colony
Byond: Apophis775
Contact:

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by apophis775 » 21 Dec 2017, 03:34

What about the Apextrinity account? Is that yours?
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

User avatar
Woobz
Registered user
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Nov 2017, 18:28
Byond: Woobz

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Woobz » 21 Dec 2017, 06:10

Yes that's the account that got me banned like the notes say.

User avatar
apophis775
Host
Host
Posts: 6714
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 18:05
Location: Ice Colony
Byond: Apophis775
Contact:

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by apophis775 » 21 Dec 2017, 17:05

So, you confirm the account is yours?

You just seem very disinterested and not wanting to help your own case with this appeal. Rarely do I have to ask questions so directly.
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

User avatar
Woobz
Registered user
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Nov 2017, 18:28
Byond: Woobz

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Woobz » 22 Dec 2017, 10:57

I wouldn't be banned if the account wasn't mine... That's why I'm appealing and literally the first post in this thread by VitorThauma identifies that. I'm not disinterested. I admitted to multikeying in the appeal I made 2 months ago. I've reiterated over and over.

User avatar
slc97
Admin
Admin
Posts: 863
Joined: 21 Jul 2016, 11:48
Location: Florida

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by slc97 » 22 Dec 2017, 12:47

You say that you were new to the SS13 community and now believe you're more capable of joining it. How do we know you're no less new and incapable if you don't play on any other servers that can corroborate this claim?

User avatar
Woobz
Registered user
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Nov 2017, 18:28
Byond: Woobz

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Woobz » 22 Dec 2017, 17:43

I have no interest in playing on other servers and I'm not going to play something I'm not interested in playing. You'll be able to tell if I break the rules again.

User avatar
Woobz
Registered user
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Nov 2017, 18:28
Byond: Woobz

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Woobz » 27 Dec 2017, 23:23

Bump.

User avatar
apophis775
Host
Host
Posts: 6714
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 18:05
Location: Ice Colony
Byond: Apophis775
Contact:

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by apophis775 » 28 Dec 2017, 01:51

Permaban appeals take a long time. Sometimes over a month. We usually have more important things to do, so investigations/research in them is lower priority.
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

User avatar
Emeraldblood
Senior Staff
Senior Staff
Posts: 506
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 21:04
Location: USA, Florida
Byond: Emerald Blood

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Emeraldblood » 28 Dec 2017, 22:54

Yes, please don't bump your appeals, we'll get around to it when we can.
PM: xxx->Emerald Blood: oh shit this is colonial marines? whops. wrong server i wanna go to a normal space station 13

Post Reply