EXPERIMENTAL BAN APPEAL THREAD

You probably deserved it.
Forum rules
  1. Be respectful at ALL TIMES. You may be angry about your ban, but you need to remain CALM AND COMPOSED.
  2. Do NOT post in an appeal, if you are not contributing as a witness. If you are going to post as a character witness (for or against), keep it simple and easy to read.
  3. Bans take at minimum, 24 hours to be investigated and processed. Avoid appealing for a 24 hour or less ban.
  4. If your appeal is denied, you cannot post another appeal for 30 days.
  5. For screenshots, we recommend using ShareX or Greenshot for instant uploads to imgur.com.
  6. Make sure the ban reason is EXACTLY what it says when you try to log in.
  7. Do not message staff about if we've gotten to your ban/appeal. It will result in AUTOMATIC denial.
  8. Don't message staff about bans outside of the forums.
  9. Only one ban can be appealed at once. Be clear exactly what you are appealing
apophis775
Host
Host
Byond: Apophis775

EXPERIMENTAL BAN APPEAL THREAD

Post by apophis775 » 12 Feb 2018, 15:58

I am testing a BRAND NEW experimental ban. If you have been caught in a multikey ban in the past, or banned for multkeying, or ever used a VPN, you MAY get caught in this.

If that happens, post here if the ban tells you that you've been caught.

This new ban should greatly minimize the number of multikeyers, evaders, and griefers overall, but will require a tiny bit of fadangling to get it totally accurate.

DO NOT POST HERE, UNLESS IT CATCHES YOU.
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

Marine Tickler
Byond: Marine Tickler

Re: EXPERIMENTAL BAN APPEAL THREAD

Post by Marine Tickler » 16 Feb 2018, 22:19

*coughs*

so I had a week ban for multikeying when i was first getting started, which i used to feed a stream of burner PFCs into a game to figure out how to play, which i served . Now says Banned By Host M20JAN18 - Multikeying

So I believe I may have gotten falsely snared by this new security system, (unless this is instead related to my constant REEING and powergaming shittery as a Xeno)

for the record, I do have two regular login locations, and I did attempt to loging with a new burner account today (Doveeater, i forgot my old burner accounts) to test if there was just something broken about Marine Tickler login - nope it's the IP

Morale of the story, I probably deserve to be banned, but not for multikeying (i think?)

apophis775
Host
Host
Byond: Apophis775

Post by apophis775 » 17 Feb 2018, 15:19

No. The Experimental ban will alert you if it's the experimental ban. That's an intentional ban, as you were actually caught multikeying with different accounts. You need a regular appeal.

Here's the accounts for the record: Marine Tickler,DoomAccount,DeathAccount,HellAccount

All from your same IP, and Computer.

Multikey bans aren't "week bans" They are usually 10-day, but I was delayed processing Permabans, so your perma only recently got pushed in.

The numbers on your ban code, are the date the permaban was filed.
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

skb
Byond: skb

Post by skb » 20 Feb 2018, 23:45

I've been experimentally banned.

Here are my previous appeals:
https://colonial-marines.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=15336
https://colonial-marines.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=15734

I am enlisting for experimental unbanning.

RearKing
Byond: RearKing

Post by RearKing » Yesterday, 03:22

edit: I made a separate appeal thread for this, if that's okay. It's here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=16367