How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Player-made guides on how stuff works.
Post Reply
User avatar
Karmac
Registered user
Posts: 2003
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 00:29
Location: Queensland, Australia
Byond: Karmac

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Karmac » 20 Mar 2017, 22:26

don't touch the stun baton


don't it


you shouldn't
Last edited by Karmac on 20 Mar 2017, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
I play Garth Pawolski; Commander, Combat Engineer, and more often than not, random dead guy.

I'm the predator Nracha-dte Kv'var-de (Relentless Hunter).

I was a Moderator for like 5 months. Ended up Retiring.

I'm a Community Contributor.

User avatar
Kneez
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 728
Joined: 29 May 2016, 02:06
Location: Texas
Byond: kneez

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Kneez » 20 Mar 2017, 22:40

Carmac wrote:touch the stun baton


do it


you won't
don't encourage the NUBS MAN THE NUBS THINK OF YOUR ACTIONS
Ryan 'Firebug' Steelberg
Horace Wallenber

User avatar
Swagile
Registered user
Posts: 1048
Joined: 19 Jan 2017, 11:56
Byond: Swagile

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Swagile » 21 Mar 2017, 01:04

Antag survivor is banned.

I asked about it in deadchat and was told Apop himself said antag survivor was banned until further notice; I think it was Snype who said it? Don't remember, tbh.

So basically all you can do is hide in a base till you get killed by a T2 / T3.
Image

User avatar
Kneez
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 728
Joined: 29 May 2016, 02:06
Location: Texas
Byond: kneez

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Kneez » 21 Mar 2017, 09:42

Swagile wrote:Antag survivor is banned.

I asked about it in deadchat and was told Apop himself said antag survivor was banned until further notice; I think it was Snype who said it? Don't remember, tbh.

So basically all you can do is hide in a base till you get killed by a T2 / T3.
no i kill a few xenos usually as long as theyre young and by antag survivor i mean like im gonna loot everything the marines have and if they wont leave me alone they get kidnapped and i try to hold them ransom
Ryan 'Firebug' Steelberg
Horace Wallenber

User avatar
shyshadow
Registered user
Posts: 488
Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 18:19
Location: In a Toaster
Byond: ShyShadow

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by shyshadow » 21 Mar 2017, 13:22

An interesting method of survival Ryan/Kneez, but it ain't gonna get you far enough, you have a shotgun that you ain't gonna want to hold forever. If you're ever feeling ballsy you can head north of the river and get the 2nd Shotgun, as well as bullet-proof vest (Bullet-Proof vest is key to being a badass survivor) it allows for the extra "Suit" slot, which is so damn useful, it prevents you from having to carry your shotgun around or what ever weapon you're rolling with, you can also grab the RDS at the little area with a bunch of useless shit like grenades north west of the river. I usually just remove all the slugs from the 2nd shotgun if I already have a KSG (4 more slugs), then you can take Ryan's advice and grab the metal, but going north as well as grabbing building materials is extremely ballsy because the Xeno-Meta is real....
Image
^^^^Certified Neckbeard^^^^

User avatar
Kneez
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 728
Joined: 29 May 2016, 02:06
Location: Texas
Byond: kneez

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Kneez » 21 Mar 2017, 14:29

I grab the vest from IA building or the armor from the sec locker and I get the fireaxe, I have survived a good few times just running around and once marines land youre pretty much set cause the xenos arent looking for survivors at that point.
Ryan 'Firebug' Steelberg
Horace Wallenber

User avatar
Mister Jeether
Registered user
Posts: 133
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 08:50
Location: USS Almayer R&D
Byond: Jeether

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Mister Jeether » 15 Apr 2017, 17:37

Just break in nexus armory,get the guns and C4,get in secure storage and build a coffin there,and you will probably be the last human alive when Sully gets boarded.
What if Aliens were in vietnam war : http://i.imgur.com/WwEoubR.jpg
Snowflakey : http://i.imgur.com/idMj2MZ.png
Fuck Sentrys : http://i.imgur.com/3zTdVRr.png
NOOB DESTROYER fires the M37A2 pump shotgun (Wielded) point blank at Emmanuel Oppenhiemer!

Sydney 'Lilly' Wood
Preds SADARed: 1
Preds C4ed: 1
Preds Killed as Alien: 4
Preds Infected as Alien: 2
Elder Preds killed with machete : 1 (Apop)

User avatar
Mark Wilson
Registered user
Posts: 107
Joined: 07 Apr 2017, 18:59
Byond: Tactical 445

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Mark Wilson » 04 Aug 2017, 01:02

Go to the cabin north of LZ-2, there is one opening in the fog...lay down behind a wooden barricade and wait for the marines....
Tactical445

User avatar
Tidomann
Registered user
Posts: 449
Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 02:59
Location: Canada
Byond: Tidomann

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Tidomann » 04 Aug 2017, 09:27

Mark Wilson wrote:Go to the cabin north of LZ-2, there is one opening in the fog...lay down behind a wooden barricade and wait for the marines....
Can't xenos see you if the barricade is blocked by LOS? Even better to get a body bag from medical and lay in it first.

User avatar
Swagile
Registered user
Posts: 1048
Joined: 19 Jan 2017, 11:56
Byond: Swagile

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Swagile » 04 Aug 2017, 11:41

> hiding

most boring way to play survivor ever, especially with the recent buff to survivors that gives you 50 seconds until T1's come, and 3 mins 20 seconds until T2's come.

You can OBLITERATE T1's and T2's easily with the right guns, location, and if you have xeno friends. Only when xenos start to get T3's does it get difficult to survive but even then you can handle it if you get the other survivors to team up with you.

This is rare as fuck, though. Good luck getting survivors who realize that hiding then getting rescued is the most awful and boring way to play survivor.
Image

User avatar
SagaSword
Registered user
Posts: 565
Joined: 02 Aug 2015, 19:58
Byond: Sagasword

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by SagaSword » 08 Aug 2017, 09:26

Swagile wrote:> hiding

most boring way to play survivor ever, especially with the recent buff to survivors that gives you 50 seconds until T1's come, and 3 mins 20 seconds until T2's come.

You can OBLITERATE T1's and T2's easily with the right guns, location, and if you have xeno friends. Only when xenos start to get T3's does it get difficult to survive but even then you can handle it if you get the other survivors to team up with you.

This is rare as fuck, though. Good luck getting survivors who realize that hiding then getting rescued is the most awful and boring way to play survivor.
I mean, it's survival of the fittest and the only way you're gonna fit in this world is to hide because you ain't ready with the man power nor fire power.
The Greatest Memer of all time!
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfsFV7VGBzI

User avatar
Swagile
Registered user
Posts: 1048
Joined: 19 Jan 2017, 11:56
Byond: Swagile

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Swagile » 08 Aug 2017, 16:34

SagaSword wrote:I mean, it's survival of the fittest and the only way you're gonna fit in this world is to hide because you ain't ready with the man power nor fire power.
> hide for up to 30 + minutes
> get rescued
> do nothing as most people ignore you and you lost any chance of interesting dialogue with fellow survivors or being a crazy survivor hostile to marines

> fun gameplay
Image

Reuben Owen
Registered user
Posts: 153
Joined: 17 May 2015, 18:01

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Reuben Owen » 08 Aug 2017, 21:08

keep trying round after round until the Queen lets you 'work' for the xenos :d

one day it will happen
I play Xeno 99% of the time. All castes.

User avatar
DeadLantern
Registered user
Posts: 289
Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 21:43

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by DeadLantern » 08 Aug 2017, 22:15

I used to murder the monkeys to stop the Alien expansion. Admins told me it was powergaming.

Tried to go up into their new hive with a shotgun. Admins told me it was Powergaming.

If you try and actively hunt the xenos in the compound, you will die.
The only thing you can do, is hide.
And if you can't be an antag survivor, literally nothing you can do.
good survivor memes
Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Meow. Here, Jonesy.


- Famous last words of Brett



BILL 'THE SCIENCE GUY' NYE
https://gyazo.com/b01d61873def37f2ddaf3bbae46768b8
https://gyazo.com/8492d6aad124105ce58a64b1af07f8ba
https://gyazo.com/b96aaa77c6fee23d879d8700497b1e87

User avatar
solidfury7
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 371
Joined: 28 Jul 2016, 20:54

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by solidfury7 » 09 Aug 2017, 06:24

DeadLantern wrote:I used to murder the monkeys to stop the Alien expansion. Admins told me it was powergaming.

Tried to go up into their new hive with a shotgun. Admins told me it was Powergaming.

If you try and actively hunt the xenos in the compound, you will die.
The only thing you can do, is hide.
And if you can't be an antag survivor, literally nothing you can do.
good survivor memes
It honestly depends on the way you do it. I've killed apes and lead a full survivor team to a hive for a brawl out and it was permitted because we were all heavy RPers and we didnt simply sprint across the map murdering things.


Hell, I even made a room full of monkeys and threatened to kill them all once when aliens surrounded my sealed off fort. Queen came down and I traded my life for the apes. Try something different, you will be surprised.
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
Commander
Squad Leader
Bridge Officer
Medic

User avatar
DeadLantern
Registered user
Posts: 289
Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 21:43

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by DeadLantern » 09 Aug 2017, 07:07

solidfury7 wrote:It honestly depends on the way you do it. I've killed apes and lead a full survivor team to a hive for a brawl out and it was permitted because we were all heavy RPers and we didnt simply sprint across the map murdering things.


Hell, I even made a room full of monkeys and threatened to kill them all once when aliens surrounded my sealed off fort. Queen came down and I traded my life for the apes. Try something different, you will be surprised.
I try to RP and actually do RP, but most of the time my survivor mates are lost or dead. I'm talking alone.
Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Meow. Here, Jonesy.


- Famous last words of Brett



BILL 'THE SCIENCE GUY' NYE
https://gyazo.com/b01d61873def37f2ddaf3bbae46768b8
https://gyazo.com/8492d6aad124105ce58a64b1af07f8ba
https://gyazo.com/b96aaa77c6fee23d879d8700497b1e87

User avatar
Lukey111
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 108
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 21:22
Location: Salt piles
Byond: Lukey111

Re: How I like to survive, as survivor. ((LV-624))

Post by Lukey111 » 11 Jan 2018, 08:24

Look, you either die 5 or 10 minutes in the game... or wait in a coffin or behind barricade and be a vagina, and get to go up, fight the aliens when they come up when you got a actual set of armor and smoke them with a tactical. Best round ever
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams

Post Reply